Making a Sprite

Show off your custom dolls, pictures or anything else Rainbow Brite you created and get help from other skilled artists!
systemcat

Making a Sprite

Post by systemcat »

I'm going to be stuck in my apartment for most of next month because of a foot surgery coming up. Any way to pass the time I'm going to do an art project. With the last surgery getting stuck in my apartment I made the mistake of too soon working on and finishing my last plushie. Currently I'm gathering the supplies to make my sprite. This won't be from the show or movie, it'll be an OC. A rainbow one. So far I've collected wool in every color, black pipe cleaners, and yellow felt. What I already had on hand which will be used in this, but was meant for a failed project long ago, is a multicolored boa which I'm going to use have as trimming around the face. The face by the way was crafted from a mold I made of one of the store bough sprites I got ages ago. I know the toys never had antenna but this one will. With that plushie made a short while ago I used a giant pipe cleaner as the inside of it's tail. Being able to pose a stuffed animal your cat wants to eat the ostrich feathers at the tip of it's tail, is a good thing! Out of kitty's way :P . He's never encountered wool before so I hope he won't try eating that :blush: . What can I say, I now have a new found love of this simple form of art supplies :happy: . Would people like to see the face plate made so far :) ? Likely more won't happen on this project till in March when I'm forced to obey doctor's orders :mellow: .

Also with there being a noticeable gap on posting for this tread. ...I remember this section of the forum having more topics. Do I have to worry about this topic being taken down any time soon :blink: ?

jazzycreations

Making a Sprite

Post by jazzycreations »

Have you got pictures of your work yet??