The Spectra Scepter Saga

Share your written stories and novels set in the Rainbow Brite universe with us!
Xerus

The Spectra Scepter Saga

Post by Xerus »

The Spectra Scepter Saga, chapter 11

by Cullen Pittman

Back To Earth

As we enter the meeting room of the Color Castle, we see Rainbow Brite, Brian, Stormy, Starlite, Mr. Glitters, and all 7 Color Kids gathered around a huge round table looking at 7 colored shards. "Well, my Rainbowland friends and guest friend", said Rainbow, looking at Brian. "We finally did it. We found all 7 Scepter Shards. Aren't they all pretty?"

"It would be pretty awesome if we can get those shards back together to form the Spectra Scepter", said Brian in a determined voice, "So we can finally destroy all that Grix covering Earth."

"Not to mention putting that rotten Dark Princess in her place once again", said Buddy Blue.

"So how do we put those shards back together?" asked Canary Yellow.

"This is how the Spectra Scepter looked when it was whole", said Red Butler showing everyone a page from the Book of Krys. It was the Spectra Scepter as one long stick. "As you can see, this is the color order on how it should be put back together. With my trademark color shard on top", said Red proudly.

"And mine on the bottom", whispered Shy Violet.

"But your shard is the most powerful, Violet", said Rainbow, "The Violet Shard gives an energy boost to the six other shards, increasing their powers."

"I don't see any slots or holes on these shards to insert them back together", said Indigo, examining the shards.

"Should we try putting them back together with something like crazy glue?" asked Brian.

Starlite made an offended neigh, "Sorry", said Starlite, "For some reason, crazy glue offends horses and us stallions a lot."

"Sorry, Starlite", said Brian, blushing.

"Besides", said Rainbow, "I think instead of crazy glue, it should be called unique glue. A more PC sounding name."

"That still doesn't really make me feel any better", said Starlite.

"Maybe we can try rubber cement instead", said Patty O'Green, "And I happen to have a tube of that stuff with me." And she pulled out a tube of rubber cement from her pocket.

"Now why would you happen to be carrying around rubber cement with you?" demanded Lala Orange, "You weren't planning on sticking us all to our chairs later on, would you?"

"Heh heh", giggled Patty as she reached into her other pocket and pulled out a fake halo and hung it over her head to look innocent.

"This might do the trick", smiled Rainbow as she took the tube from Patty, "Let's see if we can rebuild a Spectra Scepter." The kids got together and stuck each shard one by one in this order. The Red Shard on the top, then orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and The Violet Shard on the bottom, which was the handle.

"So what do you all think?" asked Rainbow as she and everyone stood back to examine the newly reformed Spectra Scepter on the table.

"It kind of looks like the picture in the book", said Red.

"So, who's going to master the scepter to stop the Grix and the Dark Princess?" asked Brian.

"Should you even ask?" said Rainbow smiling and winking at Brian.

"But I can't use the Scepter", protested Brian, "I'm no longer the Sentinel of Light Unseen. No matter how many times I activate this ring, it won't transform me." And he shook his ring showing no results as usual.

"But your Dad was the Mighty Krys", said Rainbow, "Only a member of his bloodline can use the Spectra Scepter. Sentinel armor or not. I believe in you, Brian."

"We all do", said Red Butler as he and the other Color Kids nodded. And so did Starlite and Mr. Glitters.

"Oh, all right, I'll nod a yes", grumbled Stormy, "Just so I won't get anymore dirty looks from you all."

"Well, all right", said Brian blushing as he went over to pick up the Scepter. But when he did, the Scepter started to wobble and droop.

"I don't think Krys's all powerful Spectra Scepter is supposed to droop like that", said Red.

"It's like trying to balance a 7 scoop ice cream cone", said Brian, trying to keep the Scepter straight up.

"Maybe rubber cement wasn't the way to go for this", said Patty.

"Maybe the Scepter will show its true power once we come to and defeat the forces of evil", suggested Rainbow, "In the meantime, I know a safe place for you to keep the Scepter, Brian." Rainbow used her magic to create a rainbow colored scabbard on Brian's belt. "Put the Scepter in this special scabbard", said Rainbow, "That way, you'll be ready to draw it out when the time comes."

Brian complied and inserted the Scepter into the scabbard, which was a perfect fit. "So now what do we do?" asked Brian, "Do we go back to Earth and try to remove all that Grix with this Scepter? It could probably take many days or months, since the Earth's a pretty big place."

"According to the Book of Krys", said Red, "The only way to fully get rid of the Grix fast is to strike it at its source."

"Where do you suppose the source is located?" asked Canary.

"I think I may have seen the source", said Brian, "It was near The Dark Princess. She had her Grix Grunts throw innocent people into this source turning them into Grix Grunts too."

"Then that means, the source of the Grix must hang out with The Dark Princess", said Rainbow, "Once we find her, we'll find the source."

"As a master of dark clouds", said Stormy, "I have a knack for tracking down darkness. So I'll be able to find you the Dark Princess easily. If you'll let me come along on your mission."

"Why sure", smiled Rainbow, "I'd love to have my two dearest friends accompany me on this mission to rescue Earth. What do you say, Brian?"

Brian looked funny at Stormy who was looking at him with stormy clouds of rage in her eyes while putting a fake smile on her face. "Sure", said Brian making a nervous smile. "The more help we get, the better."

Later, outside the Color Castle, we see Rainbow Brite and Brian on Starlite's back while Stormy was on her storm cloud. And all the Color Kids and Sprites were seeing them off. "Good luck, everyone", said Red, "As soon as you give us the signal, me and the other Color Kids will be ready with the final part of your plan."

"I know I can always count on you Color Kids", smiled Rainbow winking.

Brian looked over at Shy Violet who was holding Captain Fuzz in her hands, "Sorry you can't come back with me just yet, Captain Fuzz", said Brian, "But once we defeat the forces of evil, I'll come back for you." Then he looked at Violet and asked, "You'll look after him while I'm gone, won't you?"

"Yes, Brian", said Violet shyly, "He always enjoys his play dates with my hermit crab."

"Violet owns a hermit crab?" asked Buddy.

"Farewell, my friends", said Rainbow as she created her hugest rainbow bridge leading to Earth. "I just know we'll make it back victorious", said Rainbow. And Starlite galloped onto the rainbow with Rainbow Brite and Brian, while Stormy followed after them on her cloud.

"Okay, Color Kids", said Red, "Once I see the signal on my monitor, I'll notify all of you and we go back to our stations and follow her plan. Got that?"

"YEAH!" said all the kids as they went back to their keeps. Mr. Glitters noticed Indigo putting on her volunteer cop's hat and heading for The Pits instead of her keep. Mr. Glitters made a questionable squeak.

"Where am I going?" asked Indigo, "I'm going to ask Murky and Lurky some questions. All these weird dangers that have been happening this past month were probably no mere coincidences. It was probably all their doings."

Mr. Glitters started to make more squeaks, "Oh, you want to be my cop's assistant?" asked Indigo, "Why sure", she smiled and placed a smaller police hat on Mr Glitters's head. "I'll be the good cop and you can be the bad cop. Now let's go interrogate a couple of pits."

Back in the Pits, we see the Murky and Lurky robot decoys short circuiting and saying their catchphrases jumbled. "Colors hate I", said the Murky bot. "Bun-bun-bun-bunnies!" said the Lurky bot. And they were marching like crazy around in circles. Then the real Murky and Lurky approached the malfunctioning robots.

"What's happening to my twin brother?" asked Lurky.

"He's not your twin, no-brain", grumbled Murky, "He's your robot double. And both of them are going haywire. I'll need to fix them before one of those Color Brats comes here to check on us."

"You mean like her?" asked Lurky as he pointed to Indigo in the distance.

"Quick!" shouted Murky, "Stash those bots in that cave over there!" Lurky picked up the broken robots and threw them into a nearby cave. Then Murky and Lurky sat on a log, trying to look innocent just as Indigo and Mr. Glitters arrived.

"Good day my dear Indigo and, Yech!, cute fuzzy sidekick", said Murky smiling, "What brings you to our humble Pits?"

Mr. Glitters went into his bad cop act and started making cute sounding threats while jumping up and down.

"Take it easy, Officer Glitters", said Indigo, "Murky and Lurky. Lately, some trouble has been happening in Rainbowland ever since Brian was staying here for the past month."

"Oh, really?" said Murky, "Are you saying that kid, Brian, was causing all these problems? That's what happens when you let unsupervised juvenile delinquents into your organized Rainbowland."

Mr. Glitters started squeaking angrily at Murky for insulting Brian like that."

"No, Brian has a kind heart", said Indigo, "I should know. I checked his heartbeat when I was a volunteer nurse. I have a feeling you and Lurky caused these disasters."

"Disasters?" asked Murky, "How could you accuse us of that? What kind of disasters could you ever mean?"

"What about that fire that happened in Rainbowland sometime ago?" asked Indigo.

"Fire?" asked Murky, "We didn't start the fire."

"It was always burning, since the world's been turning", said Lurky. Murky just elbowed Lurky to keep from starting a musical number.

"Well, how about a mysterious bird that looked like a robot snatching one of our Scepter Shards?" asked Indigo, "And we know you're an expert at building robots."

"I don't know anything about a robot bird", said Murky, "Maybe it was a rare exotic bird that looks like a robot."

"And were you responsible for a giant sand monster at Seven Colors Cove, or a two headed python in the rainforest, or a yeti that nabbed me when I was on top of Mt. Everzesty?" asked Indigo, shuddering.

"Yeti?" asked Lurky, "Oh, you mean my cous...OW!" Murky stomped on Lurky's foot.

"Kazow?" asked Indigo, "What's that?"

"You know the slang today's underlings come up with", laughed Murky, "KAZOW! Underlings grow up so fast."

"Are you sure you two haven't left The Pits all this time?" asked Indigo.

"How can we?" asked Murky, "We haven't finished our Pits Arrest yet. And our ankle bracelets forbids us from leaving."

Mr. Glitters noticed Murky's and Lurky's bare ankles and started making angry squeaky demands.

"Yes", said Indigo, "Where are your ankle bracelets?!"

"Well, uh, um, bracelets, um", said Murky, who was completely out of excuses.

"Here they come now", said Lurky, "Our twins are bringing them."

"Twins?" gasped Indigo. Sure enough, the malfunctioning Murky and Lurky robots ended up marching out of the cave with the missing bracelets on their ankles.

"Uh, science project?" said Murky blushing. Just then, the robots exploded.

"So you two have been leaving The Pits and leaving these robot decoys in your place", demanded Indigo. Mr. Glitters started going from bad cop to cute psycho cop, jumping on Murky's face, pulling on his mustache.

"The jig is up, Lurky!" shouted Murky as he threw Mr. Glitters off of his face, then pulled out a remote control, aimed it somewhere and created a black hole. "Let's go!" shouted Murky as he grabbed Lurky's arm and the two villains ran through the hole.

"Stop in the name of the law!" shouted Indigo as she and Mr. Glitters tried to go after them, but the hole disappeared. "This can't be good", said Indigo worried, "I need to call Rainbow." Indigo took out her cell phone and tried to call Rainbow, but all she got was static. "Oh great", grumbled Indigo, "Rainbow's phone reception is out of range now! I can't contact her!" Mr. Glitters made a worried squeak.

"I know, Mr. Glitters", said Indigo picking up her friend, "We just have to hope Murky and Lurky will end up in a place where they won't cause any trouble."

We now look at Brian's neighborhood on Earth. The streets and some of the homes were completely covered with Grix, along with the fearsome looking Grix Grunts, who were once innocent human beings, marching around. Then we look inside the school library where the Dark Princess once served her community sentence as a librarian. The Princess had turned the library into her new palace. She was sitting relaxed on a throne while some Grix Grunts were fanning her and serving her cheese and crackers and goblets of wine.

"Ah, this is the life", smiled the Princess wickedly, "A planet of complete darkness with over a trillion slaves. This is better than trying to conquer that puny Rainbowland of shrimpy Sprites. And it's all because of my mother's wonderful evil creation, The Grix." And she started going into an evil, yet silly, musical number.

"The Grix, The Grix, filled with evil tricks.
When you're filled with happiness, my substance that will fix.
The Grix, The Grix, how it clings and sticks.
It will bite hard on to you, much worse than fleas and ticks."

"My Grix is gloppy, gooey and it's a dismal gray.
There's no chance of ridding it, for Grix is here to stay."

"The Grix, The Grix, what an evil mix.
Made from the worst formulas, including triple six.
The Grix, The Grix, stronger than steel or bricks.
If you try to stop it, then you're sure to get your licks."

"This planet is all mine now that the Grix has got its hold.
And I'll be ruling Earth until I'm gray and old."

"Mind you, I like the color gray, but I never plan on growing old."

"The Grix, The Grix, worse than messy oil slicks.
If you plan on sunny days, those plans you'll have to nix.
The Grix, The Grix, it's what gives me my kicks.
So listen you hicks, say your icks, add your nasty prefix/suffix, because you can't stop one of my favorite picks."
"The mighty awful Grix!"

Then the song stopped as the Dark Princess leaned back in her throne. "Ha Ha! Laughed the Princess as she took another sip of wine, "Nothing can ruin my horror filled happiness!" Just then, a black hole appeared in front of her and out fell two familiar ex-henchmen of hers. "MURKY AND LURKY?!" growled the Princess as she stood up and spit out her wine.

"Uh, greetings your dark highness", said Murky, trying to make an innocent smile. "You're looking well. Have you been working out?"

"I don't think you should say that, Murky", said Lurky, "She might think that you're saying she was once fat."

"LURKY!" growled Murky.

"How dare you two weasels show yourselves in my palace!" growled the Princess, "I remember how you used your sneaky computer program to hypnotize Rainbowland, along with me! I should have you both thrown into my Grix source and make you two more lowly Grix Grunts just like my other slaves!" The Princess snapped her fingers and the source of the evil Grix entered the room with red evil eyes. Then the Princess ordered two of the Grix Grunts to grab Murky and Lurky and prepared to throw them into the eagerly awaiting source.

"Wait, your mercifulness", pleaded Murky, "We only came here to warn you. Rainbow Brite and her cronies are coming here to defeat you and end your ruling plans."

"And just how is Rainbow Brite going to do that exactly?" demanded the Princess, "The only thing I can think of that can destroy my precious Grix is that awful Spectra Scepter my mother once told me about."

"Exactly", said Murky in a timid squeak.

"WHAT?!" growled the Princess, "That can't be. That scepter was reported destroyed after the Grix got defeated the last time!"

"Rainbow Brite and her gang of brats managed to find the missing shards and put them back together", said Murky shaking.

"And now they're on their way here to slay my dear little Grix", said the Princess looking concerned at the source of the Grix who was panting to her like a little puppy. "No, I can't let this happen!"

"If you'll spare me and Lurky", said Murky, "I can build an invention that'll make you invincible."

"Okay, I'll give you another chance", said the Princess, "But if you double cross me again, I'll make you two wish you were never born and that you've never died. If I decide to finish you both off, that is!"

Both Murky and Lurky made a scary, "GULP."

Meanwhile, Rainbow Brite and her gang of heroes had arrived on Earth while standing on her rainbow bridge. Brian looked sad at his beloved neighborhood, now property of the Grix and the Dark Princess. "I just can't believe that tiny little blob in a jar I found caused all of this mess", sighed Brian sadly.

"Well, not any more", said Rainbow, "Because you're gonna make everything right, once you slay the Grix's source with your new weapon."

"I'm going to scout ahead to see if I can track down where the Dark Princess is hiding", said Stormy, "And once I find her, I'll come back to you to report." And she left the group.

"Are you sure we can trust Stormy?" asked Starlite, "What if she ends up going back to the Dark Princess and ends up attacking us?"

"Starlite, how can you say that?" demanded Rainbow, "Stormy is our friend now. And every time I see her, she apologized to me many times for her past misdeeds. Besides, Brian believes she's changed. Right, Bri?"

"Yeah, she's changed", said Brian smiling. For he never told Rainbow about how Stormy always likes to soak him every chance she gets whenever Rainbow wasn't looking. "She even saved Captain Fuzz and brought him back to me", said Brian, remembering the one and only nice thing Stormy ever did to him. Then he looked at his ring.

"What's wrong, Brian?" asked Rainbow.

"It's just that I don't know why my ring still won't change me into the Sentinel anymore", complained Brian, "Every time we found a shard, it kept changing color. We found all 7 shards and got the Scepter rebuilt, sort of, but the ring still won't work for me."

"I think the real reason the ring kept changing color wasn't because of the shards", said Rainbow, "It's about gaining the ring's trust again after you were infected by the Grix."

"Trust?" asked Brian.

"Yes", said Rainbow, "Remember when Red Butler was trapped in that fiery pit and you used your fireproof Grix covered feet to go in and save him? And then you convinced him to try his luck on solving that mystery box again. When you helped Red gain his adventurous confidence back, the ring became pleased and turned itself red."

"Yes, I remember", said Brian, "That was also the same time my feet got free from the Grix."

"And then after that", continued Rainbow, "You saved Buddy from drowning in dangerous rapids and got your strength back in your feet, then you helped Lala when she got cursed by her shard, helped Patty get her comedy mojo back, gave Canary hope when you and she were in a dangerous predicament in the rainforest, helped Shy Violet come out of her shell somehow, and showed Indigo that you didn't need to be watched over all the time, plus saving her from an over affectionate yeti. All those kind deeds you did for the Color Kids caused your ring to keep changing color."

"Then why is it still not letting me become the Sentinel?" asked Brian, "Do I need to help one more Color Kid for that to happen?"

"Good question", said Rainbow, "But I only know 7 Color Kids and you helped them all."

Stormy was using her darkness detecting powers to hunt down the Dark Princess. Then she stopped when she came to the library. "Ah ha!" said Stormy, "Her royal wickedness is hiding out in there! I'd better go back and tell Britey." But before she could go, a giant robot hand popped out of the roof of the library and grabbed Stormy. "What the...?" cried Stormy as he was yanked off her cloud and dragged into the library. Stormy was now looking face to face at her ex-boss, The Dark Princess. She wanted to protect herself with lightning bolts, but she couldn't move her arms thanks to the grip of the robot hand operated by Murky.'

"Why if it isn't little Stormy", smiled the Princess, "How've you been? Soaking any miserable Earth boys lately? Or have you decided to rejoin the winning team again?"

"No way!" shouted Stormy, "Let me go! Or else Rainbow Brite is gonna put you in your place!"

"Oh, poor gullible Stormy", sighed the Princess, "If anyone's going to put Rainbow Brite in her place, it's going to be you. Murky, if you would."

"Yes, your highness", cackled Murky as he turned the remote and directed the robot hand to the source of the Grix.

"No, not that!" pleaded Stormy as the robot hand released her and she fell into the mouth of the source. Then the source coughed out a new Grix Grunt, that had a pony tail with a lightning bolt on top. "How I may serve you, your dark highness?" said the now Grixified Stormy.

"Excellent!" laughed the Princess evily, "My entire old kingdom is back together again! Now, Grix Stormy, your first mission is to go back and destroy Rainbow Brite and her little friends, and especially that cursed Spectra Scepter."

"At once, your highness", said Grix Stormy as she used her Grix covered hands to create a storm cloud, got on it, and flew out of the library.

Back on the rainbow bridge, Rainbow Brite, Brian, and Starlite were waiting for Stormy to return. Just then, they got startled by a bolt of lightning. "What was that?!" gasped Brian.

"It looks like Stormy", said Starlite, "And I knew it! She's turned evil again!"

"Oh no!" cried Rainbow, seeing her dear friend now a mindless Grix Grunt, "Stormy, what has the Dark Princess done to you?!"

"Must destroy Rainbow Brite, under my royal majesty's orders", said Grix Stormy as she fired more lightning bolts. Rainbow floated up on a magic platform and created a star shield to block off Stormy's attacks.

"I can't believe this is happening again?!" cried Rainbow, remembering when Stormy was fighting her with those same bolts. Only this time, Stormy was now doing it as a helpless Grix Grunt.

Brian and Starlite watched helplessly as Rainbow and Grix Stormy were having another terrible battle. "Brian", called out Starlite, "I think this is the time to use the Spectra Scepter. Use it to free Stormy."

"Right", said Brian as he hopped off Starlite's back, then reached into his scabbard and pulled out the drooping Spectra Scepter. "I sure hope this works", said Brian, as he tried to straighten out the Scepter with one hand and held the handle with the other. He aimed the Scepter at Grix Stormy, concentrated and the Violet Shard on the bottom began to grow giving the other shards an energy boost. But however, the Scepter ended up exploding and Brian saw the shards falling down to Earth. "NO!" shouted Brian, "This wasn't supposed to happen!"

"I guess rubber cement wasn't strong enough to keep the shards together after all", said Starlite, "I'm sorry, Brian."

Grix Stormy then created her hugest lightning bolt, knocking Rainbow out on her floating platform. "RAINBOW!" cried both Brian and Starlite as they watched Grix Stormy charging up her most powerful lightning bolt at the helpless Rainbow Brite. Just then, Brian noticed something lying on the rainbow bridge. It was the Indigo Shard.

"I hope at least this'll work", said Brian as he picked up the Indigo Shard and used its wind powers to create a small twister to snare the unconscious Rainbow and put her safely on Starlite's back. Grix Stormy saw what happened and tried to aim her bolt at our heroes. But Brian used the shard to create a strong gale knocking Grix Stormy off her cloud.

"Stormy!" gasped Rainbow as she woke up and saw her friend falling to her doom. But Brian created another twister, seizing Grix Stormy and placing her on top of the rainbow bridge next to him.

"Not even you deserve to be a slave to the Dark Princess again", sighed Brian as he placed the Indigo Shard in Grix Stormy's hands, which dissolved the Grix, turning Stormy back to her normal self. She looked angry at Brian while tears formed in her eyes. And then hugged him.

"Thank you, Brian!" wailed Stormy, while Brian became surprised, "After all the cruel things I did to you ever since we first met, you still saved me!" cried Stormy, "I'm sorry for everything! Rainbow Brite was lucky to have a dear friend like you, while I never acted like a friend!"

"Oh, Stormy", smiled Rainbow as she got off of Starlite's back and was happy that her two dear friends were finally having a moment.

"Hey, it's okay", smiled Brian, "I forgive you for all of the past cruelties you did to me. But you don't have to ask for forgiveness for that act just now, you were under control of the Grix, so it wasn't your fault."

"But still", wailed Stormy, "Because of me, you lost the Spectra Scepter. It was our only chance to defeat the Dark Princess!"

"Maybe the ring will be the thing", smiled Rainbow as she pointed to Brian's ring. Brian saw that his ring had turned a gray color and was sparking out small lightning bolts. Then he found himself floating in the air.

"What's happening?!" gasped Brian as he was being surrounded by light, "This seems familiar!"

"You've just proved yourself to one last kid, Brian", smiled Rainbow, "So the ring is finally allowing you to become the hero you always were." Brian then landed back down and found himself in his sentinel armor again. While the others smiled in amazement.

"YES!" shouted Brian happily, "I'm the Sentinel of Light Unseen again!"

"And it looks like your Dad's prized weapon might be returning to you", smiled Rainbow as she pointed down. Everyone looked down below and saw the shards suddenly flying back up to them. Then the Indigo Shard Stormy was holding flew out of her hand and joined the other floating shards. Suddenly, a beam of light shot out of one of Brian's laser cannons and hit the shards. The shards started to rebuild themselves into the Spectra Scepter and floated into Brian's hand.

"Wow, I got the Spectra Scepter back!" smiled Brian, "And it's not drooping anymore either. It feels strong and sturdy!"

"All right!" smiled Rainbow, "Now what do you all say we go down to Earth and kick The Dark Princess's evil butt?!"

"I'd be glad too", said Stormy, "I just saw the Princess's butt and it's gotten chunkier, probably from sitting down on her throne all this time!"

Everyone laughed as Rainbow and Brian got on Starlite's back while Stormy called back her cloud and got on it. And our heroes rushed down the rainbow bridge to face the evil Grix and the Dark Princess once again.

TO BE CONCLUDED

Xerus

The Spectra Scepter Saga

Post by Xerus »

The Spectra Scepter Saga, chapter 12

by Cullen Pittman

Rainbow's Ending

Rainbow Brite, Starlite, Stormy, and Brian back in his Sentinel of Light Unseen armor, had reached the end of the rainbow bridge and were about to set foot back on Earth in Brian's neighborhood. Until they saw the Grix covered streets. "Hold it, Starlite", said Rainbow hugging his neck, "If you step in that stuff, you might get a bad case of Grix hoof."

Starlite made a disgusted neigh, "And people complain that us stallions make big messes on the roads", he sighed.

"Maybe this will clean up the streets", said Brian as he took his newly rebuilt Spectra Scepter, pointed the top red tip at the Grix. And all of the Grix on the street dissolved making the streets clean again. "Hey, it works", smiled Brian, "I get to make my neighborhood clean again thanks to this baby."

"And here's your chance to make the neighbors clean too", called out Rainbow as she pointed to a whole army of Grix Grunts charging at them.

"Here goes nothing", said Brian as he concentrated, aimed his Scepter at the approaching Grunts and a beam of rainbow energy shot out of the Scepter and hit the Grunts turning them back into humans. And they all fell down on the street unconscious.

"Hey, I did it!" smiled Brian, "I've cured them! And I recognize these people too. They're some of my neighbors, teachers, and friends from school. Uh oh. They're not moving. I hope I didn't zap them to de..."

"Don't worry", said Rainbow, examining them with her magic Rainbow cuffs. "They're just out cold right now. They've been that way from being imprisoned in Grix for a month. Hopefully, once we defeat the source of the Grix and the Dark Princess, we can start the Earth healing process."

"That library over there", called out Stormy, "The Dark Princess is hiding out inside. That's where she captured me and turned me into an, eyew, Grix Grunt."

"Don't worry, Stormy", said Rainbow, "We'll make DP pay for what she did to you, to Brian, and to everyone on Earth. Come on, Team Rainbowland!" And the four friends started rushing off to the library to take down the Dark Princess.

The Dark Princess was looking out the window watching the 3 kids and stallion making their way to her library palace. "So, they managed to turn Stormy back to the dreaded colored side", growled the Princess as she rushed over to the panting blob of goo which was the Grix's Source. "Don't worry, my darling", said the Princess, "I won't let those nasty kids finish you off. That is if Murky can deliver on the device he said would help us."

"And it's all done", said Murky as he and Lurky entered the room. Murky was holding an old film camera.

"That's just an old camera!" demanded the Princess in an angry voice, "You plan on taking selfies of me and my Grix just before we get attacked?! What's the matter with you?!"

"Oh no, your highness", said Murky, "This camera was the nearest device of machinery I could find that would work. I would've used the xerox machine, but Lurky was too busy copying his butt with it."

"Want my autograph?" smiled Lurky as he held up photos of his bushy bottom.

"Anyway", continued Murky, "I modified this camera into a special ray that will make you and the Grix's source even stronger. Say limburger cheese!" Before the Princess could speak, Murky clicked the camera and aimed a dark gray beam at both the Princess and the Grix's source.

Lurky watched in horror as the 2 evil forces merged into one.

"Look at me!" gasped the Princess who looked a lot taller and was covered in gray messy Grix, along with having red glowing eyes. "I mean look at us", said the Princess in a dark sounding voice, "Me and my precious Grix source have become one! I feel so much power!" And she raised her Grix covered hands in the air and started blasting blobs of Grix onto the ceiling. "With this new body, I can Grixify the entire universe. HA HA HA!"

"I thought you'd might like that", said Murky.

"You've redeemed yourself, Murky", said the Grix Princess, "I'm going to make you my right hand man once again. Right after I do away with Rainbow Brite and her little friends."

Rainbow Brite and her friends were rushing to the library with Brian in front, using his Scepter to remove the blocking Grix on the street to create a clear pathway. "Okay, everyone", said Rainbow, "Whatever we find in that library, we'll be ready for it, right team?"

But before everyone could answer, the doors blew open, and a huge puddle of Grix started to ooze out. Then the puddle grew into a giant 10 foot Dark Princess made of Grix. "Well, well, well", cackled the Grix Princess in her monstrous voice, "So we meet again, Rainbow Bimbo. Along with your little horsey too."

"Stallion", corrected Starlite in an angry voice.

"Dark Princess!" gasped Rainbow, "What's happened to you?!"

"Let's just say me and my little Grix source have become much closer than we were ever before", laughed the Grix Princess, "We now share the same mind. Minds of destruction and power!"

"That is so wrong!" gasped Brian.

"And it looks like the Sentinel of Lightheadedness is back too", cackled the Princess pointing to Brian. "And is that your new backscratcher? Or is it that dreaded Spectra Scepter that destroyed the Grix the first time 30 years ago."

"So I guess you know the history of the Spectra Scepter", said Rainbow, "And how powerful it is! Show her, Brian."

"This is for all my friends and family you've tormented this past month!" shouted Brian as he aimed his Scepter at the Grix Princess and fired another rainbow beam. But the beam didn't dissolve the Grix that covered the Princess who just cackled wickedly. "Why isn't the Grix going away?" asked Brian shocked.

"That's right!" gasped Rainbow, "According to the Book of Krys, you can't just zap the Grix's source away, you have to strike it hard with the touch of the Scepter!"

"Well there's no way you're gonna touch this royal beauty!" cackled the Princess as she started to launch Grix blobs at our heroes. Rainbow shot out her stars, Stormy shot her lightning bolts, and Brian shot another beam from his Scepter to blast away the blobs. "Hey, where did the Princess go?" asked Brian.

"There she is!" called out Stormy. Sure enough, the Grix Princess was back in puddle form and quickly sliding away. "You're not getting away that easily!" shouted Stormy as she tried to fire some lightning bolts at the puddle, but the Grix Princess rose again and grabbed the bolts and used them to curl her red hair.

"Thank you, Stormy", smiled the Princess evily, "I loved teasing my hair with these mega hot combs. Now I get to tease you!" And she threw the bolts back at Stormy knocking her off her cloud and somewhere out of sight.

"STORMY!" cried Rainbow, then she looked angry at the Princess, "Your days of hurting my friends ends now!" Rainbow tried to fire some rainbow stars, while Brian kept shooting his Spectra Scepter at the Princess, but she was just too fast and slick to hit.

"It's no use!" called out Brian, "She's just too fast."

"If only something can distract her to slow her down", said Rainbow.

"Leave that to me!" called out Starlite as he used his stallion speed to catch up and step on the Princess puddle.

"How dare you step on royalty you mangy mule!" shouted the Princess as she rose up and grabbed Starlite by the neck. "Let's see how you like being a one Grix pony!" Starlite watched in horror as he saw Grix covering all four of his legs and started to rise up his body.

"NO, STARLITE!" cried Rainbow, but then realized what she had to do. The Princess was now standing still concentrating on Grixifing Starlite. Rainbow and Brian snuck behind the distracted Princess. Then Rainbow took out a rainbow colored X and silently tossed it on the Princess's Grix covered back. "It's up to the Color Kids now", said Rainbow.

Back at the Rainbowland Color Castle, the 7 Color Kids were at their stations until Red Butler noticed a bleeping Rainbow X on his monitor. "That's the signal", Red called out to everyone, "Now to put part 1 of Rainbow's plan into action." He took out a small flashdrive and plugged it into a slot at his station. Just then, the trusty Color Cannon rose out of the top of the castle. But instead of shooting a rainbow, it shot out a weird green ray and was heading for Earth.

The Grix Princess had completely finished turning Starlite into a Grix horse and dropped him on the ground. "Starlite?" gasped Rainbow with tears in her eyes as she saw her beloved stallion friend now a dark color with evil red eyes and making fearful neigh sounds.

"Now, that's what I call a true nightmare!" cackled the Princess out loud. She was laughing so hard, that she didn't notice a green beam coming from the sky, striking her.

"WHOOOOOA!" said the Princess in a hypnotic voice as she started wiggling around while her red eyes turned to green hypnotic swirls.

"Why is the Princess doing a funny dance?" asked Lurky as he and Murky looked out the window in the safety of the library.

"That's looks familiar", said Murky, " Wait, that's the same movements from my hypnotizing program I made to take over Rainbowland! Someone's using my flashdrive without my permission! I should sue!"

"Uh, who's Sue?" asked Lurky.

"Your plan to have Red use Murky's hypnotizing program is working, Rainbow", said Brian.

"And she's distracted enough for you to fully use your Scepter on her!" said Rainbow, "So go forth, son of Krys, and strike the source of evil. The Grix and the Princess!"

"Right!" said Brian determined as he concentrated and the Scepter started to glow like crazy. Then he started to charge and strike the helpless mind controlled Princess in the back.

"AHHHHH!" shouted the Princess as she felt the sting of the Spectra Scepter in an unpleasant place. The Grix that covered the Princess was slowly dissolving while the Princess stood there hypnotized unable to escape or fight back.

Soon there was a big explosion of light and when it cleared, Brian was standing there holding his smoking Scepter and the Princess was back to her normal size and all the Grix that covered her was gone too. She was also lying on the ground totally knocked out.

"Did I defeat her and the Grix?" asked Brian.

"Look!" cried Rainbow as the Grixified Starlite started to charge at them. But suddenly, the Grix dissolved from Starlite turning him back to his friendly white and rainbow maned color again. Then he tripped and landed into Rainbow's arms. "Starlite, you're back to normal!" said Rainbow happily as she hugged her friend.

"You're not putting me out to pasture anytime soon!" laughed Starlite.

"Look everyone", called out Brian as he saw the Grix dissolve from all the streets and the houses. And all the Grix Grunts transformed back into the rest of the neighbors and they fell down unconscious, just like the last ones Brian freed earlier. "I've never felt this happy before", smiled Brian as tears of happiness dropped from his helmet visor.

"I've never felt this nauseated before!" growled Murky as he and Lurky were looking out the library window at the Grix free neighborhood.

"Murky", said Lurky, "I think we'd better hide somewhere before Rainbow Brite finds us."

"That's the smartest thing you've ever said in your entire life", said Murky as he and Lurky tried to sneak out of sight. But then got grabbed by a giant robot hand. "What the...?!" growled Murky, "That's my robot hand! Someone's using another of my inventions without permission?! I gotta get better copyright policies!"

Murky and Lurky then looked over and saw that Stormy was using her electric powers to operate the robot hand and smiling at them. "Sorry, boys", said Stormy, "But Britey will want you two back in jail for this."

Back in Rainbowland, all the Color Kids were watching the Earth on the castle's giant monitor. Everyone was happy and was cheering as they watched the Grix completely disappear from the Earth, making it clean again. "They did it!" shouted Red happily. "Team Rainbow saved Earth!"

"That may be", said Lala Orange, "But it still looks kind of pale to me."

"That's because the Earth went for a month without our colorization powers", said Red, "But now that the Grix is gone, it's time to bring back some color in those Earthlings' lives. Color Kids, to your stations!" The 7 Color Kids all went back to their keeps, then took out their keys, and inserted them into some slots causing their trademark color beams to shoot out from the antennas on top of each keep. Then the 7 beams hit the Color Cannon on top of the Castle, and the cannon released a colorful rainbow at the planet Spectra which reflected pretty colors down to Earth.

Bright colors were now returning to all corners of the Earth and people were now getting on their feet feeling happy again. There was singing and laughing and dancing all over the world. Especially from Brian's neighborhood. Yes, the world was now free from the Dark Princess and her evil Grix thanks to the heroism of Brian, along with Rainbow Brite and her friends.

ONE WEEK LATER

Things were now back to normal business in Rainbowland. Now that Earth was free from the Grix, Rainbow Brite and her crew went back to mining Color Crystals so they could make more colors for the planet Earth like they always did.

Back at the Brightest Happiest Jail in All Existence, we see Murky and Lurky locked up like they were when they tried to conquer Rainbowland the last time. "I can't believe we're back in here again!" growled Murky, "I much preferred serving our sentences in the Pits. In fact, shouldn't prison walls be colored gray like the ones back on Earth?!"

"But I like these pretty colored prison walls", said Lurky smiling, "Maybe we should keep doing more bad things so we can get locked up in this pretty jail."

"Are you kidding?!" hollered Murky, "If that happens, maybe I should start being good from now on. Let's see, be good and stay out of the colored jail or be bad and get sent to this jail of icky colors. Oh, why do bad things always happen to bad people?!"

Rainbow Brite stepped out of the Color Castle admiring her precious Rainbowland and thinking about how she and her friends helped saved Earth. Just then, she smiled when she saw the magic bike in the sky with Brian riding it. "Hey, everyone. Brian's coming!" called out Rainbow. Then she, Starlite, Stormy, the Color Kids, and the Sprites all rushed out of the castle to greet Brian who just landed. Everyone cheered seeing the hero from Earth.

"Aw, thanks everyone", said Brian, blushing, "But I'm not really a hero. I was the one who accidentally let the Grix rise in the first place."

"But you got rid of the Grix in the end", smiled Rainbow, "You're a hero in my eyes."

"Thanks, Rainbow", said Brian, "And thank you all. When Earth got conquered by the Grix and the Dark Princess, I felt horrible inside and felt like I should be punished for life. But you all were great hosts while I stayed here in Rainbowland this past month and you cheered me up in all sorts of ways, which prevented me from being depressed and gave me hope. You're all great friends."

"No problem, Brian", smiled Red, "And you also helped each us all in a lot of ways."

"Yes", said Canary Yellow, "Remember our two friends, Paco and Quilla?" She stepped aside and showed Brian the two Quartz Quilled Quails he met the other day. And behind them were about 12 baby quails scampering around.

"Wow!" smiled Brian, "Does that mean the Quartz Quilled Quails are now off the endangered species list?"

"Could be", smiled Canary.

"Here's someone who missed you a lot", whispered Shy Violet as she handed Brian his hamster companion back.

"Captain Fuzz!" smiled Brian as he hugged his hamster, "Great news! Earth is free from the Grix and now we can go back home together. Thank you, Violet, for looking after him. You're so kind."

"Th-th-th-th", said Shy Violet blushing at the kind words Brian said to her and started to live up to her name once again.

"By the way, Brian", asked Indigo, "How are all your friends and family doing back on Earth? Are they still recovering?"

"They seem to be doing even better than they ever have in their lives", said Brian as he put Captain Fuzz in his shirt pocket, then took an iPad out of his backpack, "In fact, I want to show you all something", everyone gathered around as Brian clicked on his iPad and brought up a news report.

"And for today's news", said the same newsman who got Grixified in the first chapter, "After the planet Earth got conquered by a mysterious darkness, no one could explain, for about a month, sunlight and color has now returned to the Earth. Not only that, everyone seems to be more happier and calmer and stress free, including me. In fact, all wars and crimes seemed to have ceased all over Earth. And world leaders are getting together to negotiate world peace at long last."

Everyone in Rainbowland smiled and became happy hearing this report. "I can't believe world peace is happening at long last!" smiled Brian.

"And it was because of the Grix", smiled Rainbow.

"You're kidding?!" gasped Brian.

"Sure", said Rainbow, "It turned out the same thing happened here 30 years ago when Rainbowland got conquered by the Grix and your dad removed it all with the Spectra Scepter. It turns out that not only does the Scepter erase evil Grix, but it also erases any original evil inside a person. Which is why Rainbowland is such a wonderful place to live in."

"Now the same thing's happened to Earth", said Brian amazed.

"And it's all thanks to you!" smiled Rainbow, hugging Brian, "When you found that small tiny Grix blob and the Dark Princess got her hands on it, it was a bad thing at first. But when you destroyed all that Grix, you brought happiness and peace to Earth. Kind of like a caterpillar turning into a beautiful butterfly."

"That's right", smiled Starlite, "I was a victim of the Grix and you freed me, Brian. I feel like a better horse."

"Starlite!" gasped Rainbow, "Did you just call yourself a horse instead of a stallion?"

"Whoa, I guess I did", said Starlite, "And it feels kind of good. I now don't mind if people call me a horse or a stallion."

"You were always a better horse/stallion to me, Starlite", smiled Rainbow.

"And you also freed me from the Grix too", smiled Stormy, hugging Brian. "I don't feel any more bitterness, heartache, and rage inside of me. I can finally call you my friend. If you'll accept me as a friend too, if you want."

"Sure", smiled Brian, "Just as long as you don't keep soaking me with your rainclouds."

"Okay, if you want to spoil my fun", grumbled Stormy, "Ha, ha, just kidding!" And she created a small heart shaped cloud and gave it to Brian.

"I wonder what happened to her royal pain-in-the-buttness, the Dark Princess?" asked Patty O'Green.

"I've been meaning to show you this too", said Brian as he activated his iPad again. "It's a film I took of the Dark Princess today." There on the screen was the Dark Princess back in her library clothes doing her prison community service in the library once again. But she now had a smile on her face.

"Hello, all you wonderful angels", sang the Princess as she waved to the kids who entered the library, "You all really brighten my day!"

"Sorry, Miss Librarian", said a girl, "But this book is kind of overdue."

"Aw, don't worry about it Sweetie!" smiled the Princess patting the girls' head, "Since this is your first overdue book, I'll overlook it. Now go off and enjoy some more wonderful books."

"Thank you", smiled the girl as she went off to look at some more books.

"Aw, I love kids", smiled the Princess as she took her feather duster and started dusting the shelves while singing a happy song. Then the video stopped.

All the Rainbowland citizens stood there shocked and silent at the newly transformed Dark Princess.

"What just crawled out of her butt?" gasped Buddy Blue.

"I was surprised myself", said Brian.

"Well, the Dark Princess was covered in the Grix's source", said Rainbow, "And when your Scepter released the Princess from the Grix, she must've gotten all her evil removed big time as well."

"I guess we should start calling her the Light Princess?" asked Lala.

"Or the Light Librarian", corrected Indigo.

"I thought she was less creepier when she was evil", said Starlite who still couldn't believe how happy and carefree that evil lady had now become.

"Say, Brian", said Red, "Can we all see that Spectra Scepter of yours? We Color Kids only saw it as a droopy, poorly stuck together, stick."

"Sure thing", said Brian as he reached for the scabbard on his belt and showed everyone the newly repaired Spectra Scepter standing straight and tall. Everyone marveled at its 7 colored beauty.

"One thing I don't understand", said Red, "The Book of Krys said that the Scepter got broken into 7 shards once Krys destroyed the Grix that first time. How come it didn't shatter again when Brian used it?"

"I have a feeling once the Spectra Scepter got repaired, it somehow got stronger", said Rainbow.

"Would you like the Scepter back, Rainbow?" asked Brian as he held out the Scepter to her, "My mission is done and it would probably be in safer hands with you."

"No, Brian", smiled Rainbow, "The Spectra Scepter was the original property of your dad, so now it's yours. Keep it with you in case you see any small traces of Grix on Earth. That way, you can wipe them out."

"Hopefully, that will never happen", said Brian as he put the Scepter back in his scabbard, "I think all the Grix is completely gone from Earth."

Back at the library on Earth, we see one tiny gray blob of Grix about the size of a flea hopping around looking for something. It saw a candy bowl on a table and hopped into it. "Time for a sweetness boost", smiled the now happy librarian princess, "So I can keep being friendly to the world!" And she grabbed some candy along with the hidden tiny blob and ended up eating it all. Just then, her happiness turned to a frown and her innocent eyes became evil eyes.

"How did I become a lowly librarian again!?" growled the Princess, for swallowing that small ounce of Grix turned her evil again. "Somebody's going to pay for this!" She scowled and then looked out the window and saw a rainbow appear. "GRRRRR!" grumbled the Princess as she turned around and started to push a cart of overdue books while going back to shooshing the students.

On top of the rainbow, we see Rainbow Brite and Mr. Glitters riding on Starlite's back, while Brian was riding right beside them on his bike. The two kids smiled at each other while singing, "Together we can light up the sky!" as they continued to ride on the beautiful rainbow to who knows where.

THE END

AUTHOR'S FINAL NOTES;

That's the end of The Spectra Scepter Saga. And I want to thank the following people for making this story possible.

Hallmark and the crew for creating that wonderful Rainbow Brite Reboot.

Feeln for letting the show stream on their site.

Heart of the Demons, for giving me great reviews for each chapter, encouraging me to continue with it to the end.

The Rainbow Brite Facebook and Twitter sites for always posting inspiring RB things.

The Rainbow Brite Forums for letting me post this story.

And to God for giving me the gift of imagination and for creating the wonderful colorful rainbow and all the colors of the world.

Thank you all for reading. :)