Youtube video on the making of Stormy

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Jazzybcreations

Post by Jazzybcreations »

So I was wondering, anyone think I should do a video? I have had multiple people ask about my custom dolls and how I make them. It takes me months usually with limited amounts of time to work on them, but I thought it would be fun to make a video( or a few) of how I do it all.

I have had people ask for dress patterns and such, but I sort of made up my own, and it is hard to write how to piece it together. Maybe then people who can sew can have a go at making a custom doll. Others will appreciate the time that goes into them :)

Love some feedback and ideas. I have never done youtube videos and not sure how I would get it to the rainbow world.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

YES!!! I would LOVE that! :bg:

The only videos out there currently are very short ones on how to reroot Cabbage Patch doll hair. And I posted a couple describing how to fix the new Stormy's backwards boots...lol. I'm sure you could do much better! Let me know once you publish and I can add it to my Rainbow Brite tutorials playlist on YouTube and let fans know about it :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Jazzybcreations

I saw that video of you changing the lightning bolts on your Stormy! I think you did really great!

That would be so awesome if you added it to your playlist. I will look into the videos and how to start my own channel. I think it would be great to share all the projects I am doing. It makes it so much more fun to create when you have others to share with! Thank you!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Jazzybcreations wrote:I saw that video of you changing the lightning bolts on your Stormy! I think you did really great!
Aww thanks!! :lol:
That would be so awesome if you added it to your playlist. I will look into the videos and how to start my own channel. I think it would be great to share all the projects I am doing. It makes it so much more fun to create when you have others to share with! Thank you!
SQUEE!! :bg: I've found that collecting is much more fun when I share my findings with others so I'm sure the same will be true for creating! I'm so looking forward to this :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Jazzybcreations

Me too! I am going to work on it this week. I need to figure out how I am going to do it. I will probably have to break it up in sections. I do not think very many people have seen my face, most of my contact was through email. I think maybe 2 people. Kind of fun!

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

I'd love to see a video on how you make your custom dolls. :)

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

Hi Jazzy! A video would be awesome! Still have the custom Stormy outfit you made me!
:rainbow: Sukey

Jazzybcreations

Sukey,
I tried to email you back but it said I wasnt permitted to.
My email onlypraisinghim@gmail.com

I plan to do a video soon. Waiting for my foster baby adoption to go through so probably after my emotions go through the roller coaster ride.

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

Hi Jazzy, are you still doing custom work? Someone wanted to buy my Stormy on a Facebook group. If you are still doing customs, I can give your email to her (with your permission). I have never dealt with her before. Let me know what ya think. I know you do awesome work!

Congratulations on your adoption! That’s wonderful! That is something my husband and I were thinking about and then our world got flipped upside down.
:rainbow: Sukey

Patreek

Post by Patreek »

Do you happen to know the type of fabric used for rainbows dress. When i search foil or hologram fabric it gives me lots of stretch materials which arent right.