Rainbow Brite Day in Kansas City, MO!

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

14125768_1115131985228317_3083809121183454569_o.jpg
14125768_1115131985228317_3083809121183454569_o.jpg (416.9 KiB) Viewed 12082 times
The official Rainbow Brite page posted this on Facebook, and Renee and I are going :) Can anyone else make it?? I'm so excited!!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Imagi

Post by Imagi »

Super Super Jealous! Maybe one day Rainbow Brite Day will come to Chicago or somewhere close where I can visit.

Hey since both of you are going to meet the creators I just gotta know! Does Brian's dog have a name, Would Brian end up becoming a color kid and if so what color and are there ever going to be dolls of Stormy and Brian? Oh and also mention to the person who is creating the new books that they forgot to add Brian...I mean the new stuff has to represent all the characters right?

Oh and have fun and take lots of pictures! :)

silverorangetears

Post by silverorangetears »

Same Super jealous!

I agree, come to the Chicago area! I'd drive for that!

Have fun :)

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Brian's dog's name is Sam. We found that out in the British Rainbow Brite Treasury :)

I doubt the original creators know what merchandise is coming out next, since they don't work at Hallmark any longer, but I'll see what I can find out.

And I agree that Brian needs to be in some books!! Sadly, it's just the illustrator who's going to be there - none of the authors. But I can still bring up the idea :)

I'll take as many photos and videos as possible :D
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Is there gonna be any vending allowed? If I go to this one year, will I be able to buy up everyone's Tickled Pinks? (and, will it actually be every year, btw?)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Dialga-Brite wrote:Is there gonna be any vending allowed? If I go to this one year, will I be able to buy up everyone's Tickled Pinks? (and, will it actually be every year, btw?)
There has been no talk so far about making this a yearly event, but I hope they do!! There wouldn't be vending allowed if it's always held in their Hallmark store though. I mean, if you made arrangements with fans ahead of time and made the exchange outside of the store, that'd be fine. But it wasn't a convention with fan booths set up or anything like that.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

They'd better, cuz of course schedules for this weekend were all ready in place that meant I couldn't go (to something they only announced a week prior :angry: )

Katy, use your influential powers!

Honestly, even if Hallmark didn't want to have to do all the prep, I wonder if they'd mind fans running some kind of mini-con outside of that store?

pinkpuff

Post by pinkpuff »

If this becomes a yearly thing, it will be huge, especially if we have plenty of advance notice.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

pinkpuff wrote:If this becomes a yearly thing, it will be huge, especially if we have plenty of advance notice.
Agreed!!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net