New Itty Bittys of Patty O Green and Buddy Blue!

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Imagi

Post by Imagi »

On the Rainbow Brite facebook page I found THESE.

https://www.facebook.com/Rainbowbrite/p ... 48/?type=3

https://www.facebook.com/Rainbowbrite/p ... 92/?type=3

Yep...Patty is sporting what looks like a misshapen shirt collar, missing her bandages on her knees, the white band on her dress should be thicker, her braids are more like short thick sausages and no hint of her polka dot bloomers in sight.

As for Buddy he might be the blue color kid but since when does his star not match his headband? And where are the wings on his shoes? And his hair looks far too much like Red's. And forget about the arm wings.

Hallmark might be trying their hand at the iconic 80's designs, but they are far from perfect.

Hopefully they fix them before Buddy and Patty go out for sale.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I think you may be expecting a bit too much detail on the itty bittys. There's not enough room for Patty's bloomers or bandaids. There's only one thin layer of flesh tone for her legs. And if you look at the other itty bittys they've made, the only one with hair similar to Patty's is Anna from Frozen (her braids) - and they look the same:

http://explore.hallmark.com/itty-bittys/

I don't see a collar on her. Is it possible the low light on the image is making it look like something is there that isn't?

As far as Buddy Blue's star goes - it was blue on the original doll. Honestly, I prefer it that way. I always found it odd that it was yellow in the show and some artwork. I don't see how they could put wings on his shoes without them looking super awkward. The arm wings were unexpected, but all of the other kids have them, so I can see how they'd want to go for a uniform look. How would you have preferred his hair to look?
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

I actually LOVE THEM!!! I think they are incredibly adorable, and the details are actually quite nice for being 4" stuffed figures :D

I hope they do a lot more!!! They are finally easy to nab online so I finally got my set without having to drive waaaaay out to the far away Hallmark- YAY!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Yay!! So glad you were able to get them!! And I love them too! They're just precious :bg: I want lots more!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

I picked up the Patty and Buddy set this past Saturday! They are very cute!
:rainbow: Sukey