New 16" Rainbow Brite Doll

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Finally! As adorable as all of the other dolls have been this year, I think the 16" RB is the one that the majority of us have anticipated the most. And now she's here!

https://www.instagram.com/p/96-I7olw1a/

Here's my review video of her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQJwXX5YiI0

I love her dress, boots and arms SO much! I wish her hair was more strawberry blonde, but otherwise like the texture and length of her hair. The bow and star are nice as well, though I'm not quite sure how to take the ponytail down. I couldn't find an elastic band under the bow, so you may just have to untie the bow to do it (it is tied on very tightly).

I wish there were a little stuffing at the top of her legs instead of none, her eyes seem a bit too large to me and I wish they were painted entirely onto the flat part of her face. But she looks SO much better than I originally thought she would! ^_^ The '80s Rainbow will always be my favorite, but this one is certainly up there in my ranking. It's like they took the best parts of past dolls, put them all together, and gave her a new face. Well done Hallmark ^_^

----UPDATE----

I got a second doll today and her legs DO have stuffing all the way up. The stuffing lessens as it goes up, but there is still some left at the top of the legs, unlike the first one I got. Also, the face on the first doll was a bit more shiny than expected, but the second doll is less shiny. Just slight differences I wanted to mention ^_^
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

While I do still secretly wish that Hallmark will produce an actual replica of the 80s doll, I'm not totally turned off by this incarnation. I might pick her up once she hits Hallmark's webshop.

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

She definitely looks much better now than how she started out. I don't think the prototype photo on Hallmark.com does her any justice...

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Galacticatt wrote:She definitely looks much better now than how she started out. I don't think the prototype photo on Hallmark.com does her any justice...
Agreed! :)

I do wish her dress were a little longer. When I take pictures of the original 18", the Toy Play 18" and this new doll laying beside each other, the Hallmark doll's dress doesn't cover her bodysuit. It's not noticeable when she's sitting, but is when she's laying down.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

I inquired about the RB doll at my local Hallmark to see if the could get her from another store for me. They left me a message on my cell and said they didn't have the doll, but I could get the ornament :( I know they don't have the doll- that is why I asked about it in the first place... They kinda acted like I didn't know what I was talking about it- the lady suggested I try Walmart for the RB doll. I am somewhat annoyed.
:rainbow: Sukey

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Sukey wrote:I inquired about the RB doll at my local Hallmark to see if the could get her from another store for me. They left me a message on my cell and said they didn't have the doll, but I could get the ornament :( I know they don't have the doll- that is why I asked about it in the first place... They kinda acted like I didn't know what I was talking about it- the lady suggested I try Walmart for the RB doll. I am somewhat annoyed.
WALMART?? Gahhhhh...these stores don't know what the heck they're doing half the time :( And now half the RB stuff is sold out online as well. Sigh.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

On a better note- I'll be going out of town this Friday, so I called ahead to their local Hallmarks and they have a RB that they are holding for me! :rbsmile:

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Sukey wrote:On a better note- I'll be going out of town this Friday, so I called ahead to their local Hallmarks and they have a RB that they are holding for me! :rbsmile:
Awesome!! Well done :bg:
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

So, I picked up two RB dolls- one for me and one for my cousin(who is more like a niece to me). She is just a little over a year old and I am going to save RB for a couple years for her! I may even pick up a Starlite and Twink for her one day :rbsmile: I hope she loves her!