First Glimpse at Large Twink Doll!

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Found in Houston, Texas - here's our first glance at the final Twink!! :bg:
TwinkIG.jpg
TwinkIG.jpg (73.21 KiB) Viewed 3152 times
His belt is slightly different from the prototype and his face color seems lighter (but that could just be the picture), but apart from that I think he looks the same! So cute!! Now if he would just show up in other stores...
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

He's really cute! A little rougher/cheaper looking than the prototype (which happens unfortunately) but otherwise still quite cute!

I will be snatching him up for sure :D

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Twink is adorable!!! :heart: :heart: :rbtwink: :heart: :heart:

I can't wait until he gets to my store!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Galacticatt wrote:He's really cute! A little rougher/cheaper looking than the prototype (which happens unfortunately) but otherwise still quite cute!

I will be snatching him up for sure :D
Agreed on all fronts :bg: My store is going to call me as soon as he comes in. Thankfully they got the other stuff today, so he shouldn't be far behind :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

My store just got Twink in and the Ittys! The lady called and left me a message- she was going to just put the Ittys on hold since they "go fast" but hopefully she got my message to hold Twink as well!

I am hoping that in-hand photo of him is just washed out- I can see that his "fur" doesn't seem hemmed or finished around his legs (maybe just rough cut?) but I think I can fix that myself :D

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Awesome!! I can't wait to hear what you think of them!! :bg:

My store still hasn't called me re: Twink, so I assume they haven't received him yet. If I don't hear anything tomorrow, I'll call again. I need him in my life! :lol:
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Soooooo jealous of everyone thats gotten theirs. They are so adorable!!

The only store that had them as far as I know is an hour away and they have already sold out. There's a lot of Hallmark stores around here. My husband and I called every one in an hour or so drive from here and no one knows anything about them, which is really weird...

I'll probably be purchasing mine online, since the end of the month will be here before any of the products get to THESE stores...

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

My store called me on Friday- they only got ONE TWINK in! (And one collector set) - of course I got them. I had to drive kind of far to buy them, but it was worth it.

Twink is actually much cuter in person than the above picture! He is smaller than the original Twink though by quite a lot.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I've been surprised by the small quantities stores are receiving. The store that I found mine at on Friday only got two Twinks, along with the other merchandise. I'm not sure any store has received more than 2 of each item. I'm hoping that larger quantities are coming soon, but it's a bit disconcerting. Do they really have that little faith in the merchandise selling well? From what I can tell, it's selling great!

Here's my Twink review video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnuIWmZdLCM

I've done reviews of the other items as well on that same channel.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Rainbow Brite wrote:I've been surprised by the small quantities stores are receiving. The store that I found mine at on Friday only got two Twinks, along with the other merchandise. I'm not sure any store has received more than 2 of each item. I'm hoping that larger quantities are coming soon, but it's a bit disconcerting. Do they really have that little faith in the merchandise selling well? From what I can tell, it's selling great!

Here's my Twink review video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnuIWmZdLCM

I've done reviews of the other items as well on that same channel.
Oh your review is perfect! And I think it really shows what he looks like- and the size comparison. I do LOVE that he can sit. He is really so cute- a lot more details than the original. For some reason the fur in the above photo looks like it is rough cut and not finished- but that is definitely not the case thank goodness!

And yeah- it is crazy that stores are only getting one or two of each thing- if at anything at all. Apparently that is the plan for the next wave too. I guess production quantities are ordered waaaaaay ahead and probably before they had any clue about how popular these would be. Hopefully as they sell out and people are still asking for them- they order another run of everything. I would hate for anyone to miss out- the Ittys and Twink are REALLY cute !!!

I am hoping that maybe even Rainbow and Starlite might be better in person than the prototypes suggest ... I guess I'll find out! My Hallmark lady has promised to put one of everything aside that comes in for me :D