First Glimpse at Large Twink Doll!

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Galacticatt wrote:Oh your review is perfect! And I think it really shows what he looks like- and the size comparison. I do LOVE that he can sit. He is really so cute- a lot more details than the original. For some reason the fur in the above photo looks like it is rough cut and not finished- but that is definitely not the case thank goodness!
I'm glad you enjoyed it! :) And I agree - he is a super cute doll!! Apart from the originals though, I think the Mexican sprites may still be my favorite :)
And yeah- it is crazy that stores are only getting one or two of each thing- if at anything at all. Apparently that is the plan for the next wave too. I guess production quantities are ordered waaaaaay ahead and probably before they had any clue about how popular these would be. Hopefully as they sell out and people are still asking for them- they order another run of everything. I would hate for anyone to miss out- the Ittys and Twink are REALLY cute !!!
I would hate for them to miss out too! And I would hate for Hallmark to assume it's not selling well, when the reality may be that the potential buyers are getting frustrated with how difficult they are to find and giving up.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

We are going out of town on Saturday for my hubby's birthday. He called ahead to the Hallmark store there and they have a Twink!!! They said they will hold it for us! I'm so excited. He said they didn't act like they knew if there were any itty bittys or not.

EDIT :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: I had to add this! Lol!
My husband and I were driving to work and talking about our shopping trip on Saturday and he says in Mrs. Dismal's voice "I looove shopping!". I laughed so hard. :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Last edited by Sukey on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
:rainbow: Sukey

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

Rainbow Brite wrote: I think the Mexican sprites may still be my favorite :)

Can you post pics of them? I don't know if I have ever seen them.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

Thanks! :rbsmile:

Imagi

Post by Imagi »

Picked Twink and the collector set yesterday! :) Resisted on the itty bitty Rainbow and Twink....maybe I'll get them for my birthday. :)

Hopefully Hallmark is gradually realizing they have to release more itty bittys of Rainbow Brite characters including Brian! :)

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Wow Imagi - how on earth could you resist getting Rainbow herself? Hehe

And... the Mexican Sprites are my favorite too. They are SO CUTE and soft. It really is a shame they didn't get released anywhere but Mexico- kind of perplexing actually.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Sukey wrote:EDIT :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: I had to add this! Lol!
My husband and I were driving to work and talking about our shopping trip on Saturday and he says in Mrs. Dismal's voice "I looove shopping!". I laughed so hard. :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
LOL!!! That's adorable!!! I can't wait to hear how your shopping trip goes :bg:

Imagi - I hope you get the others for your birthday too! :)

Galacticatt - Very perplexing! Maybe one day we'll get the story behind that.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

Rainbow Brite wrote:
Sukey wrote:EDIT :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: I had to add this! Lol!
LOL!!! That's adorable!!! I can't wait to hear how your shopping trip goes :bg:
It was a very good day! I found lots of RB goodies- I got the Twink, 8 Itty Bittys(missing Lucky and Champ). I also found the RB bookbag(one with stars and Twink hoodie in it) at Spencer's for $15! They had the book at Hallmark, too, but I didn't really like the illustrations, so I didn't get it.