If you wanted Rainbow Brite collectibles/toys

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Since Hallmark is starting to come out with some really good RB merchandise, I would love to see other companies produce other RB products. Here's some of my ideas:

-Rainbow Brite blind bags (like MLP and Carebears)
-RB Funko Pops
-Itty Bittys of all characters and a color castle carry case
-Art books from the Hallmark archives
-different Christmas ornaments ie color castle, color kids, sprites on a mine cart with star sprinkles, Murky & Lurky on their grunge buggy
-calendar with new (classic) artwork
-different types of figurines
-Skydancer, Sunriser and Ony-x stuffed animals or figurines
-more designs for Kitty and Puppy Brite
-Definitely a Stormy doll, Tickled Pink and Moonglo
-playsets with all of the color kids
-a really awesome video game
-comic books
-books to explain origins of the color kids and RB

I hope to see at least some of these things in the near future.

:rbred: :rblala: :rbcanary: :rbpatty: :rbbuddy: :rbindigo: :rbviolet: :rbstormy: :rbmoonglow: :rbpink:

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

I'd love Funko POPS and Minis! Funko rarely picks up a "girly" line but it does happen- I WISH they would do Rainbow Brite (and Steven Universe actually)

I do hope they also finish the Itty Bitty line with all the characters including Moonglow, Stormy and TP. THe Ittys are REALLY cute and I think they are doing a fab job with them.

Normally I would want dolls of all the characters- but they did such a terrible job with Rainbow so far that I think they should probably quit right there. Same for plushies fo the horses. Starlite is not cute, alas.

Sprites on the other hand- sure! THey should do all the colors of the Sprites in the same design as Twink!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Those are great ideas Aquarius!! I hope they do many of those as well :)
Galacticatt wrote:I do hope they also finish the Itty Bitty line with all the characters including Moonglow, Stormy and TP. THe Ittys are REALLY cute and I think they are doing a fab job with them.
Agreed!! I'd even love to see itty bittys of Murky, Lurky, the Dark Princess, Baby Brite, Wajja, Mrs. Dismal, Brian, Krys, Nite Sprite, and all of the animals of Rainbow Land. Including On-X! :D
Normally I would want dolls of all the characters- but they did such a terrible job with Rainbow so far that I think they should probably quit right there. Same for plushies fo the horses. Starlite is not cute, alas.
Agreed :( And I'm SOOO bummed!! I really thought we had a good chance of getting that Stormy we've been waiting for all these years...but not if her face is going to look like THAT! I know Stormy is in a bad mood sometimes...but even she isn't THAT grumpy :P And an On-X in that horse style would look downright stupid.
Sprites on the other hand- sure! THey should do all the colors of the Sprites in the same design as Twink!
YES YES YES!!! Unless the picture we've been shown isn't how he's actually going to look...
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Rainbow Brite wrote:Those are great ideas Aquarius!! I hope they do many of those as well :)
Galacticatt wrote:
YES YES YES!!! Unless the picture we've been shown isn't how he's actually going to look...
That is a possibility for sure! But we do know that they had made prototypes for Twink and Starlite already- while the final design of Rainbow was not finished by the time the marketing photo went up- since they used a vintage placeholder image. So I think we can ASSUME the design for Twink and Starlite was approved- and Rainbow was not- until now.

But yeah, there is still time for them to muck up Twink's design - he does look a little complicated which is worrisome- as they may try to cut costs by getting cheap (I hope not!)

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Galacticatt wrote:[That is a possibility for sure! But we do know that they had made prototypes for Twink and Starlite already- while the final design of Rainbow was not finished by the time the marketing photo went up- since they used a vintage placeholder image. So I think we can ASSUME the design for Twink and Starlite was approved- and Rainbow was not- until now.
Very good point :) I love him soooo much...I'll be so bummed if he's changed much!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

-Plush beanies would be cute especially of Kitty Brite!
-Sweatshirts and more tees and not just junior sizes
-Calendar and more ornaments- agreed!
-Purses
-Mugs
-Notebooks
-Watches
-Jewelry
-The show to DVD!!!!
-A Starlite that actually has rainbow colored hair
-Anything done in the classic style

Hopefully anything they release is semi-reasonably priced. I mean come on Hallmark $25 for shirts, tote bags and I think the little make-up bags were also priced really high. I think if their products were more reasonably priced they would sell better. I wanted to buy more RB stuff from Hallmark, but couldn't afford to.
:rainbow: Sukey

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Sukey wrote:Hopefully anything they release is semi-reasonably priced. I mean come on Hallmark $25 for shirts, tote bags and I think the little make-up bags were also priced really high. I think if their products were more reasonably priced they would sell better. I wanted to buy more RB stuff from Hallmark, but couldn't afford to.
I didn't take a screenshot, but the 3 large dolls were in Hallmark's online store for a few hours on accident. I believe Twink and Starlite were between $14.95 and $19.95, and Rainbow Brite was $29.95. I'm going to hate paying $30 for a doll that grimaces at me :wacko:
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Oh lucky Katy! You were able to order them? I will admit I will probably get stomach-ache Rainbow and weird-neck Starlite too when they finally come out-

I do hope they have lots available online at some point...

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Galacticatt wrote:Oh lucky Katy! You were able to order them?
No, they weren't available for purchase (much like the itty bittys that are shown there now). They were just there to click on and see pictures of. There may have been additional info too, but I didn't make a copy :(

And LOL @ stomach-ache Rainbow and weird-neck Starlite :lol: :lol: :lol:
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Oh good- that will keep me from checking the site minute by minute! Agree it must have been a slip-up.

I toyed with the idea of resisting Rainbow and Starlite but there is no way I'll be able to resist these toys. I can just hope they are cuter in person!

Dying for Twink though- and the next installment of Ittys!