If you wanted Rainbow Brite collectibles/toys

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

For me, the merchandise I'd like most is an official Stormy doll, but in a larger doll size along with TP and Moonglow.

And who else thinks we need a new Kitty Brite to go with the Hot Topic Puppy Brite from a few years back?

As far as intangibles, I'd like them to continue the new cartoon series.

And I think it would be awesome if they made a new album of colorful songs. Maybe they could even get Bettina to sing on one!

If I was really dreaming, Nendoroids of RB and all the color kids. Nendoroids are chibi-style Japanese action figures made by the Goodsmile company with changeable faceplates, arms, and accessories. For example, here's a Nendoroid Elsa from Frozen with Olaf. I own her and I assure you she is just as adorable in person! (She has two other faceplates so she doesn't always look so capricious!)

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/47 ... +Elsa.html
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (159.33 KiB) Viewed 1829 times
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

IndigoJoy wrote:For me, the merchandise I'd like most is an official Stormy doll, but in a larger doll size along with TP and Moonglow.
I did want an official Stormy, but now that I've seen Rainbow's face, I'm not too sure :( Although a sour expression would at least be believable on Stormy...lol :lol: But I want a 12" doll to go with all of the others from the 80's, so she'd need to match that style exactly or she'd look out of place.
And who else thinks we need a new Kitty Brite to go with the Hot Topic Puppy Brite from a few years back?
Why not? :lol: Surely they can't mess up a cat toy..
As far as intangibles, I'd like them to continue the new cartoon series.
It's been so long now with NO news...I just can't imagine it continuing. Although, all of the new toys' tags/boxes say "Find more Rainbow Brite at Feeln.com"...

It's all highly confusing at this point. And I can't say that I'm a big fan of the new character bios on rainbowbrite.com...
And I think it would be awesome if they made a new album of colorful songs. Maybe they could even get Bettina to sing on one!
I would LOVE that!! :)
If I was really dreaming, Nendoroids of RB and all the color kids. Nendoroids are chibi-style Japanese action figures made by the Goodsmile company with changeable faceplates, arms, and accessories. For example, here's a Nendoroid Elsa from Frozen with Olaf. I own her and I assure you she is just as adorable in person! (She has two other faceplates so she doesn't always look so capricious!)
Oh wow, I've never seen those before! They're gorgeous! I'd love that too :) Or heck, just some Funko Pop vinyl figures would be awesome!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

That Hot Topic Puppy Brite was almost indistinguishable from the original... HINT HINT HALLMARK! They could do it with Kitty Brite!

(Although I wouldn't mind at least one distinguishing feature. I can't imagine going on eBay today and trying to tell a vintage PB from a Hot Topic PB. I'm sorry but ten years old is not vintage.)
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

IndigoJoy wrote:
Here! Here! :rbsmile:

Rainbow Brite wrote: Why not? :lol: Surely they can't mess up a cat toy..
... Oh dear ... I would love some beanie plushies!!! Especially Kitty Brite!!!!!!! I would hope they wouldn't mess her up.
:rainbow: Sukey

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

IndigoJoy wrote:That Hot Topic Puppy Brite was almost indistinguishable from the original... HINT HINT HALLMARK! They could do it with Kitty Brite!

(Although I wouldn't mind at least one distinguishing feature. I can't imagine going on eBay today and trying to tell a vintage PB from a Hot Topic PB. I'm sorry but ten years old is not vintage.)
True enough! That would be great :) But, so far, they don't seem to be going for replicas, but for new designs.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Amabilis999

Post by Amabilis999 »

IndigoJoy wrote:As far as intangibles, I'd like them to continue the new cartoon series.
Rainbow Brite wrote: It's been so long now with NO news...I just can't imagine it continuing. Although, all of the new toys' tags/boxes say "Find more Rainbow Brite at Feeln.com"...

It's all highly confusing at this point. And I can't say that I'm a big fan of the new character bios on rainbowbrite.com...
Although they haven’t talked about the feelin show in a while there’s some interesting info on Shy Violet’s character description that might suggest that there are new episodes in the works.
Shy Violet.png
Shy Violet.png (545.9 KiB) Viewed 1801 times
Anyways, I’m liking all of the suggestions on this thread so far. It would be great if this line extended to something big because usually post-1980s Rainbow Brite toylines are usually short lived.`

I’ll probably sound like a really biaeds Murky and Lurky fan but what I really want for this product line is Murky and Lurky merch. I’m a little tired of seeing them ignored in the more recent Rainbow Brite toylines because I like them the best. I mostly want to see them make a Murky and Lurky itty bitty.

I would like to see them make comics based on the Classic style too. Even though there was the Star Stealer comic I would like a comic book series that has new stories like the German comics.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Amabilis999 wrote:Although they haven’t talked about the feelin show in a while there’s some interesting info on Shy Violet’s character description that might suggest that there are new episodes in the works.
I don't know what to think about the "Purple Protector." It just seems odd to me...why does Rainbow Land need a second super hero?
I’ll probably sound like a really biaeds Murky and Lurky fan but what I really want for this product line is Murky and Lurky merch. I’m a little tired of seeing them ignored in the more recent Rainbow Brite toylines because I like them the best. I mostly want to see them make a Murky and Lurky itty bitty.
I totally want some Murky and Lurky itty bittys too. It's not just you :)
I would like to see them make comics based on the Classic style too. Even though there was the Star Stealer comic I would like a comic book series that has new stories like the German comics.
IF they could keep the comics child-friendly, I may get behind that idea. But child-friendly comics don't seem to exist these days. It's really sad. The new He-Man and She-Ra comics are SOOO dark, gruesome, sexual, etc...I gave up on them. But if they wanted to re-release the German comics with English text, I'd be ALL over that :bg:
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

You all have some really good ideas!!

I was also thinking the horses (Skydancer, Sunriser, and of course Starlite) and the pets Kitty and Puppy Brite at Build-a-Bear would be good too.

A Puppy and Kitty Brite Itty Bitty would be nice! I love those two!

I def agree with you Katy that you mentioned on Britecast for more Rainbow Brite greeting cards! That's where Rainbow began :rb:

And the color castle wall hanging and carry cases that was mentioned as well.

I'm so excited to see what else is going to come out next year!!!

Amabilis999

Post by Amabilis999 »

Rainbow Brite wrote: I don't know what to think about the "Purple Protector." It just seems odd to me...why does Rainbow Land need a second super hero?.
I think they want to give the Colour Kids (or at least one of them) more screen time since the Colour Kids didn’t have a lot of it in the original show (or at least in comparison to Rainbow, Starlite, Twink, Murky, and Lurky). Although it would be more fitting for her to be the inventor of the group (since she played that role originally) and Stormy was the protector/anti-hero instead. The Purple Protector could be an interesting concept depending how they are going to handle it.

Hopefully they will make more episodes to tell us what the Purple Protector is all about, because it’s really misleading and confusing to have info about it but no episodes to showcase the Purple Protector. I really hope that the Purple Protector isn’t some kind of racial super hero stereotype like a “Ninja” or “Karate Master”…
Rainbow Brite wrote: IF they could keep the comics child-friendly, I may get behind that idea. But child-friendly comics don't seem to exist these days. It's really sad. The new He-Man and She-Ra comics are SOOO dark, gruesome, sexual, etc...I gave up on them. But if they wanted to re-release the German comics with English text, I'd be ALL over that :bg:
I would love to see them translate the German comics. I kind of wish they would translate the German tapes too. I know this is a big pipe dream and it would probably never happen but I’d love to see them gather up the original actors for it. There were so many funny moments with Murky in the German tapes and I would love to see how Peter Cullen would handle them.

Even though darker comic adaptations of 80’s series are more common now, I don’t think a new comic book series would be dark if Halmark Cards is endorsing it. Halmark Cards does have a certain family friendly image that it wants to maintain with all its products, so a darker and grittier Rainbow Brite would probably go against that. So If Halmark’s is behind it, I can’t imagine them supporting a darker, edgier Rainbow Brite. Even when they aged her up in the 2009 version, it was still marketed to children.