New Rainbow Brite doll...

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I was at a client's house today, and noticed an adorable stuffed pegasus. I checked the tag and saw that it was from Disney's Sophia The First, so I pulled it up when I got home and compared it to the new Starlite. I don't think it's the size of his eyes that bothers me, because the pegasus has huge eyes. But maybe they'd be cuter if they were a little farther down the side of his head and had eyebrows above them? Maybe it's the eyelashes that are distracting? I dunno...I realize I'm being hyper critical of these dolls. I'm just trying to figure out what's bugging me so that I can get over it...lol
purplepegasus_starlite.jpg
purplepegasus_starlite.jpg (58.33 KiB) Viewed 4965 times
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

I love the original Starlite- I just wish that his tail was longer and had all the colors in it :rbsmile:

I didn't have a Starlite as a kid. I remember me and mom setting up a flea market and I saw a Starlite that day and remembering wanting him really bad, but I resisted because I thought I was too old for toys- I was probably like 11 or 12 lol

Later, I found 2 Starlites at Goodwill(different times) and kept both- they both needed a little TLC so I fixed em up the best I could :)
:rainbow: Sukey

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Sukey wrote:Later, I found 2 Starlites at Goodwill(different times) and kept both- they both needed a little TLC so I fixed em up the best I could :)
That's awesome :) I always pick up RB dolls if I see them at thrift stores, or cheap ones at flea markets. I don't need them...but I hate leaving them there...lol

We now have information on the size and release dates of the new Starlite and Rainbow Brite dolls!

"Rainbow Brite’s horse as a 10-inch plush toy (coming in October) – and a 16-inch classic Rainbow Brite doll (coming in November)."

From: http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2015/09 ... z3kUjfrPhn

I'm so excited!! But I guess that means we won't be getting anything this month.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

When we went out of town shopping there were two Hallmark stores. I checked at the one just in case for Twink and Itty bittys and the lady said that the corporate stores were more likely to have the RB stuff. The one corporate store I was at still had not received any of the t-shirts, totes, magnets, etc. but she said they were getting some in- I was surprised. So I guess even with the new toys that the corporate stores are still more likely to have them.

I cannot wait to see the new Starlite!!!!!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I had my husband look at Starlite's picture last night. His impression was that Starlite's neck was still too long and he looked a bit "dim witted"...lol. Thankfully November isn't too far away, so we'll be able to get first hand impressions before long.

Last night's Hallmark email left something to be desired though. Rainbow's lips are dark red again and they misspelled Starlite's name! ARGH!
emailpic.jpg
emailpic.jpg (113.61 KiB) Viewed 4923 times
They seriously need a better editor. They misspell his name and spell Rainbow Land as one word far too often. Hopefully the red lip pic was just a mistake.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Finally! A look at one of the final dolls!
3111.jpg
3111.jpg (20.04 KiB) Viewed 4896 times
From thetoyinsider on Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/7bCNePyQms/

I can't wait to see their review of her! They fixed her Color Belt and lightened her lip color! YAY!! Her legs look a bit understuffed, but that may just be the picture. I love her chunky boots :-) Still don't like the color and thinness of her hair, but I can live with it :-) This is way better than the photo they posted online! Hopefully they'll post an updated picture soon.

EDIT: Here's a larger pic :)
https://twitter.com/JackieBreyer/status ... 12/photo/1
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

OH wow! She does look better! (Not like I could resist in any case probably)

Her legs do look understuffed but so were the original RBBs, maybe to make it easier for her to sit? So glad they fixed her belt and I like the stars on her shoes! I like the detail on her neck too. She looks pretty sweet!

I agree there is something "off" about Starlite still- although I like his redesign much better than the first prototype. I honestly can't say what it is though. Maybe a lot of things. Neck just a bit too long maybe in proportion to the legs? Weird eyes? Stupid smile? I will get him regardless...

I just noticed that Twink the Ittys and the Collector Set are all in stock on Hallmark.com if anyone had been waiting for them :D

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Woohoo happy Starlite! Glad for the changes. :)
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Imagi

Post by Imagi »

Agreed. Not as scary as before.

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

Rainbow Brite wrote:
Last night's Hallmark email left something to be desired though. Rainbow's lips are dark red again and they misspelled Starlite's name! ARGH!
emailpic.jpg
They seriously need a better editor. They misspell his name and spell Rainbow Land as one word far too often. Hopefully the red lip pic was just a mistake.
My cousin tagged me with that pic of the new Rainbow Brite release on my Facebook page and I saw her over Labor Day weekend and she asked if I had saw my page and she told me they were releasing new Rainbow Brite toys- Hubby said don't worry she is all over that. She already bought Twink and the Itty Bittys! The first thing I noticed about that pic was that they spelled Starlite's name wrong.