New Rainbow Brite doll...

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Amabilis999

Post by Amabilis999 »

If you check the site it looks like they changed Rainbow Brite and Starlite’s design again. Starlite looks much better now, he looks more horse like and his mane is beautiful. They fixed the expression on Rainbow so she looks a little happier. It’s an improvement but the quality of the yarn hair and clothes still looks cheap. Also the belt should be a bit lower but none the less the little changes that they made on her are for the better. It seems like Halmark is listening to its fans.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Thanks for the heads up! I think all they changed on Rainbow is the color of her lips to a lighter shade. It is an improvement, but it's still not a smile. Starlite...well at least his mane is in rainbow order now, and contains green! But he's still disproportionate. Hopefully he'll look better in person :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

The more I stare at Starlite, the more he's growing on me :) He looks much happier than the first design. The proportions could just be the camera angle. His legs look a little too short for the rest of his body I think, but it's hard to tell for sure.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Amabilis999

Post by Amabilis999 »

You’re probably right about them not changing the expression. I only took a quick look at her and I think the bright red lips made her grumpy expression more noticeable to me (it reminds me of a kid who just got caught putting too much lips stick on). Although I still think 30 dollars is too expensive for the Rainbow Brite doll (the pricing on the other two seems more reasonable). I think these are the final images because the page doesn’t say “image not final” anymore.

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

I like the changes!

I agree the only change appears to be Rainbow's lip color (so far) but it is an improvement in my book. She is still grimacing though. Maybe they'll fix her dress before final production? Maybe too much to ask...

Starlite is vastly improved. He still looks kinda goofy- but no longer like a snake. More like a fat pony! Lol- but he is cute. I'm really glad they are going with actual colors of the rainbow now! He must be getting close if they updated the prototype ...

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Amabilis999 wrote:You’re probably right about them not changing the expression. I only took a quick look at her and I think the bright red lips made her grumpy expression more noticeable to me (it reminds me of a kid who just got caught putting too much lips stick on).
LOL you're totally right! And yes, the darker red made it much more noticeable/jarring. I can live with it like this :)
Although I still think 30 dollars is too expensive for the Rainbow Brite doll (the pricing on the other two seems more reasonable). I think these are the final images because the page doesn’t say “image not final” anymore.
Hopefully the price won't be too prohibitive from her selling well, but I agree that it will be a factor. And I didn't even notice that the text was gone! You're right! I can't wait to get my hands on them now :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Imagi

Post by Imagi »

Rainbow is a lot less scary then before and same goes for Starlite, but it's still not perfect by a long shot.

Let's hope they keep up the improvements!

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

I think I am going to have to buy a Starlite now! He looks so much better. His head still seems a little strange, but much better than before! Very excited :rbsmile:

I hope that his tail has all the rainbow colors- that is something I don't like about the original Starlite.
:rainbow: Sukey

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Yeah- come to think of it the original plush Starlite's design wasn't that great.. but I remember wanting him SO BAD as a kid!

Original Rainbow was fabulous though.

I guess the prototypes pictured are for the final design- but it may be that they look a little different IRL anyway...

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Galacticatt wrote:Yeah- come to think of it the original plush Starlite's design wasn't that great.. but I remember wanting him SO BAD as a kid!
Blasphemy!! ;) I love the original Starlite! I think one thing that looks odd about the new one is that his eyes are too big for his head. I like the idea of embroidered eyes, but the size seems off. I hope he stands up well :)
Original Rainbow was fabulous though.
Inded :)
I guess the prototypes pictured are for the final design- but it may be that they look a little different IRL anyway...
Yeah, they haven't announced release dates for them yet, so they may still be a few months out. I sure am getting impatient for them though...lol :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net