New Rainbow Brite doll...

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Galacticatt wrote:I agree there is something "off" about Starlite still- although I like his redesign much better than the first prototype. I honestly can't say what it is though. Maybe a lot of things. Neck just a bit too long maybe in proportion to the legs? Weird eyes? Stupid smile? I will get him regardless...
I let my mom look at his picture and she immediately said he looked like a mule. His face should be longer, neck should be shorter, and his body should be slimmer. After she said it, all I could see was a white donkey...lol :-D But yeah, I'll buy him regardless ;-)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Haha, yeah, he does look a bit like a Mule!

Glad to see they keep restocking the Hallmark.com site now, Twink keeps selling out but coming back. I guess the doll and Starlite will probably be available through there eventually (which is good as I don't really want to drive an hour out of my way to go get them when they come out)

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Galacticatt wrote:Glad to see they keep restocking the Hallmark.com site now, Twink keeps selling out but coming back. I guess the doll and Starlite will probably be available through there eventually (which is good as I don't really want to drive an hour out of my way to go get them when they come out)
I'm glad to see that too :-) Though I wish they could keep up with the demand for Twink. If it takes them awhile to make Starlite and RB available online, let me know. I know a seller who ships anywhere :-)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Looks like Starlite is scheduled to arrive next- then probably RBB

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Starlite is showing up in stores now and he's way better in person! I love him! :bg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSHKWBc6Fsk
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Wow, yeah he is super cute. I will not drive myself crazy this time getting him though- hopefully I can snag him on Hallmark.com :D