Peter Cullen at TFcon

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Amabilis999

Peter Cullen at TFcon

Post by Amabilis999 »

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to say that I’m going to meet Peter Cullen (the original voice actor for Murky Dismal) this summer at TFcon. Even though the tickets were somewhat pricey, (they weren’t too expensive for a con ticket, though) it’s only once in a blue moon that Peter Cullen is going to attend a con that I can travel to. The con is highly Transformers based, but you can get him to sign any item of your choice (I’m still undecided on what item he should sign though). You can also take a picture with him and I plan to share it on this forum.

I’m really excited to see him in person. Is there anybody in the area that is interested in seeing him?
Last edited by Amabilis999 on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Peter Cullen at TFcon

Post by Rainbow Brite »

OMG am I reading that right?? It's in CHARLOTTE?? That's less than 3 hours from me!! I totally have to go!! I want to meet him so badly!!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Imagi

Peter Cullen at TFcon

Post by Imagi »

Has to have his character on it you know...and Rainbow Brite of course! :)

Why they chose to attempt to reboot Rainbow Brite without the original voices and iconic looks with an updated story line is beyond me...another short lived remake...will Hallmark ever get it right?

Have fun at the Con! And if your able to upgrade your ticket for VIP. Trust me on this...I went to the Fan Expo in Toronto Canada in 2010 and my last minute decision to upgrade to VIP was the best thing I could have done....it meant 15 minute line instead of 5 hours and when the Expo refused to let in normal ticket holders the VIP's walked right in.

Best $20 extra I could have spent. :D

Amabilis999

Peter Cullen at TFcon

Post by Amabilis999 »

Rainbow Brite wrote:OMG am I reading that right?? It's in CHARLOTTE?? That's less than 3 hours from me!! I totally have to go!! I want to meet him so badly!!
The one I’m going to is the one that’s taking place in Toronto, Canada (Mississauga to be exact). I’m not sure if he’s going to attend the one in Charlotte. Each TFcon offers a different set of events. I checked the ticket information, and it seems like he’s not going to attending that one. If that’s true, hopefully he would stop by one day. The people who run TFcon seem to be willing to listen to other people’s suggestions. The reason why I was able to attend this con was because there were a lot of requests for opening a 3rd session for the Peter Cullen event (the other sessions were sold out).
Imagi wrote:Has to have his character on it you know...and Rainbow Brite of course! :)

Why they chose to attempt to reboot Rainbow Brite without the original voices and iconic looks with an updated story line is beyond me...another short lived remake...will Hallmark ever get it right?

Have fun at the Con! And if your able to upgrade your ticket for VIP. Trust me on this...I went to the Fan Expo in Toronto Canada in 2010 and my last minute decision to upgrade to VIP was the best thing I could have done....it meant 15 minute line instead of 5 hours and when the Expo refused to let in normal ticket holders the VIP's walked right in.

Best $20 extra I could have spent. :D
It would be nice if the original voice actors did made an appearance in the New Rainbow Brite series. Even after 30 years, most of them can still make their voices sound like their respective characters. Peter Cullen might be still able to make his voice sound like Murky, because I saw a video where Peter Cullen did a voice that had a similar pitch to Murky’s voice.

I guess Halmark wanted to showcase new talent, or maybe some people at Halmark did some networking with live action actors. I noticed that a lot of the actors that worked on the Reboot are people who had roles in live action TV series rather than cartoons.

As for the signing, I’m thinking of getting him to sign a piece of fanart I drew, since a lot of people are asking him to sign their art. Although I’m a bit embarrassed in showing my art to him… I could let him sign the back of my Murky doll’s head with a white marker. If I do that, then my Murky doll will probably become really valuable. I would feel like I would need to be extremely careful when handling him.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Peter Cullen at TFcon

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Oh poo, you're right. Their website is terribly confusing. They need to have different pages for the different cities. I like the idea of getting him to sign a Murky doll! But why a white marker?
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Amabilis999

Peter Cullen at TFcon

Post by Amabilis999 »

Rainbow Brite wrote:Oh poo, you're right. Their website is terribly confusing. They need to have different pages for the different cities. I like the idea of getting him to sign a Murky doll! But why a white marker?
Yeah, the Tfcon web pages take time to get used to, especially since the websites for the two cons are almost the same, except that the address for the con in Charlotte ends with “com” and the one for Toronto ends with “ca”. I actually didn’t know about Tfcon in Charlotte until you pointed it out.

The reason why I wanted him to be signed with white or sliver marker is because the back of Murky’s head is mostly painted black. The signature would stand out more if it was written with a white or sliver marker.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Peter Cullen at TFcon

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Amabilis999 wrote:The reason why I wanted him to be signed with white or sliver marker is because the back of Murky’s head is mostly painted black. The signature would stand out more if it was written with a white or sliver marker.
Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever actually looked at the back of a Murky doll's head. Good to know! :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Amabilis999

Peter Cullen at TFcon

Post by Amabilis999 »

Unfortunately, I had to miss his Q&A because I can’t make it on Saturday. However, I’m going to see Peter Cullen tomorrow and I’m pretty excited. I got the Murky doll all cleaned up and I printed out a picture that I would like to give him as a gift. I’m both nervous and excited at the same time.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Peter Cullen at TFcon

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Amabilis999 wrote:Unfortunately, I had to miss his Q&A because I can’t make it on Saturday. However, I’m going to see Peter Cullen tomorrow and I’m pretty excited. I got the Murky doll all cleaned up and I printed out a picture that I would like to give him as a gift. I’m both nervous and excited at the same time.
Have fun!! I can't wait to hear how it goes! I feel sure he'll love hearing from a Rainbow Brite fan :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Amabilis999

Peter Cullen at TFcon

Post by Amabilis999 »

Hi everyone,

I just came back from Tfcon. It was a great experience. Peter Cullen was really nice and welcoming. I told him how much I appreciated his work and that Murky Dismal was my favourite role that he did. As soon as I said that, he said “Oh Lurky, you drive me crazy” in a Murky voice. I gave him the picture I drew and he got teary eyed and said thank you.

He signed the Murky doll, and we got a picture together. It was an amazing experience, and if Peter Cullen is attending a con where you can travel to, feel free to see him yourself. I had a fun time meeting him. It seems like he doesn’t get to meet a lot of Rainbow fans. I was the first person that asked him to sign an item that was Murky related.