OMG the Itty Bittys!

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Rainbow Brite
Admin

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Imagi wrote:Hope Hallmark is taking notes....with how fast the first 6 went hopefully that means itty bitty's of the Color Kids and Brian aren't too far behind! :)
I'm hoping the same thing ;)
I bet they cancelled some orders for people who ordered more than 5 of each- at least I hope they did!
I'm not sure if it was that (although I hope so!) or if they held some back for the 22nd, since that was the release date they had originally announced. Either way, I'm glad that there was a second chance - even if it didn't last long!
I know they are sold out now though. I am happy that they sold quickly since that makes it more likely we will see the other RBB plushies get produced! I really want that Twink!
As sad as I am for the people who missed out, I'm equally happy that they sold out quickly for that very reason - it should mean more RB merch for the future :) Finally Hallmark has PROOF that RB fans REALLY LOVE their Rainbow! :bg:
I'm so jealous of those of you who have yours already- there was a "shipping exception" with my order and they had to reprint the label- I won't see them until the 25th! ARG! But I am grateful they are not lost- SO GLAD I didn't wait to order!!!!!
What a bummer! I can't wait to read your reaction when you get them in hand today :D I'm so glad you didn't wait too!!
I feel bad for those who missed out. Hopefully the greedy jerks who bought them to scalp won't get any takers, and they will be forced to sell them for retail price again.
Sadly, at least a couple of people have panicked and paid upwards of $100 on ONE of these itty bittys. But hopefully no others will so that they'll be forced to lower their prices. Or maybe they'll grow a conscience...one can hope ;)
As for the Itty Bittys, I can't buy any of this stuff right now, since Halmark's website doesn't ship to Canada. I know that there are people selling them on ebay, but the prices are way too expensive. They are cute, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't want to spend over 50 dollars for them. Despite of this I'm glad they did well. It's seems like Halmark is getting a better idea of what people want (thanks to social media). If Halmark plays it's cards right, this line can become more successful than the 2003-2004 line.
Sending you a PM ;) And I think you're right that this could be more successful than the 2003-2004 line if they do it right!
It's been a while since anything Rainbow Brite related was a success. Hopefully this success will encourage Halmark to sell this merchandise line outside of the U.S. I'm pretty excited to see what other products they have in store, especially for the Holiday season. I'm actually kind of glad that they haven't made the Murky and Lurky itty bittys yet, because I wouldn't want to miss out on them or to overspend to get them.
It makes no sense to me that they don't ship internationally. They have Hallmark stores in other countries, so what gives?
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Rainbow Brite
Admin

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Thank goodness!! Now it says the Classic RB itty bitty will have a PURPLE star on her cheek - not green :bg:

http://www.hallmark.com/rainbow-brite

And I didn't even notice until this morning that they posted about the itty bittys on Hallmark's main Facebook page as well:

https://www.facebook.com/HALLMARK/posts ... 5800601500

But they didn't post it until after they'd all sold out...oops! Lots of angry people over there. One person even said they oversold and then cancelled people's orders!

"Very disappointing how fast the Rainbow Brite items sold out! Shame on Hallmark.com for overselling the supplies and cancelling people's orders today! Very bad practice!"

That post was from last night - so they waited 2 days to cancel their orders? Ouch :(
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Galacticatt »

I did finally get my Itty Bittys last night and I can't BELIEVE how adorable they are! They are so much cuter even in person than the online photos- I am SOOOOO glad now that I was able to get them! I would have been really upset if my order had been cancelled... SO HAPPY I saw the posts from you and Serena about the dolls going up early-

Re above- I'm glad they are making Rainbow's star purple not green- I had thought that was a weird choice.

I do feel bad for the people who missed out or who couldn't get them from Hallmark.com. On the other hand, given the incredibly quick sell out- now Hallmark will be motivated to order more of the next wave, and will not cancel production of the other plushies, which is really good!!! I think if people are patient, and again, given the popularity of wave one, I think there will be PLENTY in stock (in stores and online) by Christmas. I really hate to see people paying those scalper prices for $7 plushies...

Imagi

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Imagi »

[quote="Amabilis999"

As for the Itty Bittys, I can't buy any of this stuff right now, since Halmark's website doesn't ship to Canada.
[/quote]

Here's a thought Amabilis...maybe try shipping to this Hallmark?

Tina's Hallmark #16
Mid-City Plaza
301 Meadow Dr Ste 4
North Tonawanda, NY 14120-2819
Directions
(716) 693-5056

I already checked with them US only shipping. :( But this Hallmark is 9 miles from Niagara Falls NY side...If you know someone with a passport perhaps they could pick it up for you and send it through Canada's Post Office? Would that help? :)

And yes I agree scalpers are insane! X(

[/color]

Rainbow Brite
Admin

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I agree with everything you said Galacticatt :bg:

And I'm really upset with the Ebay scalpers :angry: I just wish there were something I could do about it.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

dragonfly

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by dragonfly »

Wow I was looking at eBay and I can't believe how much money people are listing the bittys for! I mean, I understand that these were limited, and that is what makes them really special. But the fact that there's probably people who ordered ten of each (before the limit was imposed), just to turn a big profit on actual fans. I ordered ONE of each before there was a limit. I don't NEED more than one set! People are bidding like, $80 dollars for one itty bitty! I would be really sad if I had to pay that amount. I wish I would've bought 20 each, and then sold them on eBay for NO PROFIT, so that I could've at least helped out 19 other ACTUAL FANS get their sets. It's really all because of THIS website that I even knew they were for sale. I was really lucky to have visited the message boards when I did. Thank you Katy... we all really need to stay on high alert!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I think the problem with selling them on Ebay for no profit right now is that the scalpers could snatch those up and resell them for higher too :( I did a few private sales for some international fan friends of mine, where I only charged them the cost of the doll(s) plus shipping. But it's tough to do that for people you don't know, who may turn around and resell them. I trust all of you though :) So if any more limited edition RB itty bittys come along, I'll think about getting some more extras in case any true fans miss out. I'm SO glad that ya'll saw my messages though! I wanted to make extra sure that you all had a chance to get some before they sold out! :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Amabilis999

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Amabilis999 »

Imagi wrote:[quote="Amabilis999"

Here's a thought Amabilis...maybe try shipping to this Hallmark?

Tina's Hallmark #16
Mid-City Plaza
301 Meadow Dr Ste 4
North Tonawanda, NY 14120-2819
Directions
(716) 693-5056

I already checked with them US only shipping. :( But this Hallmark is 9 miles from Niagara Falls NY side...If you know someone with a passport perhaps they could pick it up for you and send it through Canada's Post Office? Would that help? :)

And yes I agree scalpers are insane! X(

Thanks for the advice. However, I've already contacted Katy about the Itty Bittys. I might consider going to the New York side of Niagara Falls myself for future Rainbow Brite merchandise that they are releasing for the Holidays (if the travelling distance isn't too far). Hopefully this Hallmark Crown store will have them(I heard some of them don't sell them).

Clinozoisite

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Clinozoisite »

Heh, this is what I get from going missing from this site for like a year...cool new merchandise that is long sold out! And the scalper prices on eBay are high - $100 for just the Rainbow itty bitty. Yikes! Here's hoping for a re-release!

Imagi

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Imagi »

Clinozoisite wrote:Heh, this is what I get from going missing from this site for like a year...cool new merchandise that is long sold out! And the scalper prices on eBay are high - $100 for just the Rainbow itty bitty. Yikes! Here's hoping for a re-release!
There going to release the Itty Bitty's again supposedly in August, but they won't be limited edition....there were only 500 made of each of Rainbow Brite, IQ, Champ, OJ, Twink and Lucky.

Here's the difference that was posted on Hallmark.

Classic Rainbow Brite itty bittys: (Supposed to be out in August)
• Rainbow Brite, Twink, O.J. Sprite and I.Q. Sprite all have sparkly bases.
• Rainbow Brite has a purple star on her cheek.

Special Edition Rainbow Brite itty bittys (no longer available):
• No sparkly bases on the itty bittys.
• Rainbow Brite has a blue star on her cheek.
• Twink is missing the color green in his rainbow.

Hallmark also seems to be surprised by how fast Rainbow Brite merchandise is selling out....gee what a surprise....I mean weren't they taking notes from Carlton Cards/American Greetings?

With luck that means plenty more Rainbow Brite items to come! :)

In the meantime I keep watching the Facebook site....any updates seem to come there first. :)

https://www.facebook.com/Rainbowbrite