OMG the Itty Bittys!

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
dragonfly

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by dragonfly »

They are so cute I can't stop looking at my itty bitty shelf...lol...and I also started collecting other itty bittys, they're adorbs!
Attachments
20150701_153301.jpg
20150701_153301.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 3614 times

Clinozoisite

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Clinozoisite »

So cute! Hopefully I can grab some while I'm in Anchorage the first few days in August!

Galacticatt

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Galacticatt »

I cannot BELIEVE the scalper prices- so crazy. What are people thinking paying those amounts? That is what is encouraging the scalpers.

I suspect the poor fools who are paying scalper prices have not troubled themselves to check the Hallmark site and learn that if they just wait a couple more months, there will be more and nearly identical Itty Bitties - most likely not in a limited edition.

They really are cute though- I think this first wave was just a test for the market (given how terribly RBB did for the last 2 re-releases). If it was I suspect it passed with flying colors! I hope they expand the line a LOT

Rainbow Brite
Admin

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I asked Hallmark how these Special Edition Rainbow Brite itty bittys compared to their other Special Edition itty bittys, and received the following info:

"We tried something new with the Limited Edition Rainbow Brite itty bittys with the small quantity and selling them online only. It was a completely different approach than the other Limited Edition itty bittys we’ve sold in stores and online."

So my guess is that the other Special Edition itty bittys were produced in higher quantities and were carried in stores as well as online. And I don't think they had any idea how many rabid Rainbow Brite fans were out there ready to pounce on them :) I share the hope that this means bigger and better things for RB's future!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Galacticatt »

Rainbow Brite wrote:I asked Hallmark how these Special Edition Rainbow Brite itty bittys compared to their other Special Edition itty bittys, and received the following info:

"We tried something new with the Limited Edition Rainbow Brite itty bittys with the small quantity and selling them online only. It was a completely different approach than the other Limited Edition itty bittys we’ve sold in stores and online."

So my guess is that the other Special Edition itty bittys were produced in higher quantities and were carried in stores as well as online. And I don't think they had any idea how many rabid Rainbow Brite fans were out there ready to pounce on them :) I share the hope that this means bigger and better things for RB's future!
I can understand the reluctance to over-extend production on this line, I think the last two re-boots of Rainbow Brite did not do as well as hoped, and probably the merch doesn't move very fast either. More significantly, the sad truth is that toy companies tend to under-value products that can be perceived as "girly" or for "girls" - which means smaller numbers and little to no marketing. (Compare for example toys associated with Star Wars, another license Hallmark makes stuff for)

But it seems like the time is ripe for another RBB Merch re-boot, and if the Itty Bitty sales are anything to go by, I think this entire line is going to do very well.

I am dying for that prototype Twink! I hope they really make him that cute...

Galacticatt

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Galacticatt »

Well, it's August! Keep your eyes peeled everyone- the dolls and Itties should hit soon!

Galacticatt

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Galacticatt »

The new ittys appear to be hitting the stores NOW! This lady (who is selling a set on ebay) already found them!

I really hope they hit the online stores- it will drive me crazy if they are available in stores only as there are NO Hallmark stores even remotely close to me :(

I know there will be more dolls available than the advance run- but still I find myself checking Hallmark.com every few minutes as I am afraid they will run out shortly after being released!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Here's my video review of the new Classic Rainbow Brite itty bittys and the new book:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSrYMn6JFDc

I don't have the Collector's Set yet - according to their Facebook page, it was slightly delayed. But all should be arriving in Hallmark stores any day now (some stores have already received some), and all should be available online later this month. I don't think they'll be selling out of anything like last time. At least I hope!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Galacticatt »

Given the quantities of the Star Wars Itty Bittys (which are probably a more popular line) I think you are right that they won't sell out-

I think they are super cute- will watch your review when I have sound :D

Rainbow Brite
Admin

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Galacticatt wrote:Given the quantities of the Star Wars Itty Bittys (which are probably a more popular line) I think you are right that they won't sell out-
Good point :)
I think they are super cute- will watch your review when I have sound :D
I honestly like the Classic itty bittys better than the Limited Edition ones :) They're more colorful/sparkly ;)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net