OMG the Itty Bittys!

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Aquarius

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Aquarius »

Did you see under the coloring book pages where it says "Did you know"? There may even be more Rainbow Brite merchandise coming out Christmas and early 2016? The other stuff we've seen (book, twink and Starlite plush, and the 80s RB doll) are being released in September. They mentioned book(s) too. I hope more things are in the making!

Galacticatt

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Galacticatt »

Aquarius wrote:Did you see under the coloring book pages where it says "Did you know"? There may even be more Rainbow Brite merchandise coming out Christmas and early 2016? The other stuff we've seen (book, twink and Starlite plush, and the 80s RB doll) are being released in September. They mentioned book(s) too. I hope more things are in the making!
I did see that! http://www.hallmark.com/rainbow-brite/

I really hope the first wave does well enough to justify more products- spread the word everyone!

They keep adding info- and changing the dates somewhat, so I will definitely be checking back regularly! Although I can probably count on Katie to notice new items go up first :D

dragonfly

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by dragonfly »

I ordered my set!

I'm SOOOOO happy! I was seriously having anxiety about not being able to get them lol.

I can't wait til they come! I ordered them to come to a store that is really close to me, it's not a Hallmark Store on the list, but at least I can pick these up there. I plan on having all of my orders sent there, I will probably end up saving $50 in shipping, or more!

I am really excited :)

Let's all take pictures with our ittybitty's when they come!

Imagi

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Imagi »

I've got a budget so I have to be good If I want to go to Disneyland and Great America this year. :(

Ordered Rainbow and Twink of course but I am so treating myself to two more as a reward...my horror movie fan sister who is eager to see Jurassic World told my dad I was taking him to Jurassic World.

As in ME.

The one who hid under her little yellow raincoat as a little kid because she was told it was just a movie about dinosaurs....NOT dinosaurs eating people.

And yes I freaked...

A LOT.

I am NOT looking forward to this.

But it's not needles, doctors or snakes so I can do this...

Hopefully.

Did I mention I really really really don't like Dinosaurs eating people movies?

Amabilis999

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Amabilis999 »

Imagi wrote:I've got a budget so I have to be good If I want to go to Disneyland and Great America this year. :(

Ordered Rainbow and Twink of course but I am so treating myself to two more as a reward...my horror movie fan sister who is eager to see Jurassic World told my dad I was taking him to Jurassic World.

As in ME.

The one who hid under her little yellow raincoat as a little kid because she was told it was just a movie about dinosaurs....NOT dinosaurs eating people.

And yes I freaked...

A LOT.

I am NOT looking forward to this.

But it's not needles, doctors or snakes so I can do this...

Hopefully.

Did I mention I really really really don't like Dinosaurs eating people movies?
Maybe you can try to convince your sister or your dad that you shouldn’t watch the movie with them (if you haven’t done so already). If that doesn’t work you can leave for the washroom when there’s a scene that scares you. You can stay there until you think you don’t feel scared anymore.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I'm glad ya'll grabbed them as soon as you did! Rainbow sold out yesterday, and Twink is sold out as of today! There was no limit to how many you could purchase when they first went up for sale, but they imposed a 5-per-customer limit on the second day. I think many people snatched them up so that they can scalp them on Ebay. They're already showing up there for higher prices :( Jerks!

I don't have a picture with mine, but I did make a review video :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exL-7McL2Bk

And check out the adorable commercial Hallmark made for the Classic itty bittys that are coming out in August!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKdzAzGzh-Y

She even has a purple star on her cheek! Maybe the green star thing was just a joke? Guess we'll have to wait and see :) And did anybody else pick up on the "just a rainbow away" line like the 2009 theme song?
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Rainbow Brite
Admin

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Rainbow Brite »

And now Rainbow and Twink are magically available again! No idea why or for how long, but at least some people who missed out will be able to get them after all :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Imagi

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Imagi »

Check it out...Rainbow Brite itty bitty's are now shown on the Hallmark main page!

But...all 6 Rainbow Brite itty bitty's are now SOLD OUT.

Good thing I ordered IQ, Champ, OJ and Lucky yesterday morning! :D And yes I did get through the movie...I read the plot on wikipedia before going and that prevented me from freaking out.

Hope Hallmark is taking notes....with how fast the first 6 went hopefully that means itty bitty's of the Color Kids and Brian aren't too far behind! :)

Galacticatt

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Galacticatt »

Rainbow Brite wrote:And now Rainbow and Twink are magically available again! No idea why or for how long, but at least some people who missed out while be able to get them after all :)
I bet they cancelled some orders for people who ordered more than 5 of each- at least I hope they did!

I know they are sold out now though. I am happy that they sold quickly since that makes it more likely we will see the other RBB plushies get produced! I really want that Twink!

I'm so jealous of those of you who have yours already- there was a "shipping exception" with my order and they had to reprint the label- I won't see them until the 25th! ARG! But I am grateful they are not lost- SO GLAD I didn't wait to order!!!!!

I feel bad for those who missed out. Hopefully the greedy jerks who bought them to scalp won't get any takers, and they will be forced to sell them for retail price again.

Amabilis999

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Amabilis999 »

Imagi wrote:Good thing I ordered IQ, Champ, OJ and Lucky yesterday morning! :D And yes I did get through the movie...I read the plot on wikipedia before going and that prevented me from freaking out.
That's cool; I'm glad everything turned out alright.

As for the Itty Bittys, I can't buy any of this stuff right now, since Halmark's website doesn't ship to Canada. I know that there are people selling them on ebay, but the prices are way too expensive. They are cute, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't want to spend over 50 dollars for them. Despite of this I'm glad they did well. It's seems like Halmark is getting a better idea of what people want (thanks to social media). If Halmark plays it's cards right, this line can become more successful than the 2003-2004 line.

It's been a while since anything Rainbow Brite related was a success. Hopefully this success will encourage Halmark to sell this merchandise line outside of the U.S. I'm pretty excited to see what other products they have in store, especially for the Holiday season. I'm actually kind of glad that they haven't made the Murky and Lurky itty bittys yet, because I wouldn't want to miss out on them or to overspend to get them.