OMG the Itty Bittys!

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Rainbow Brite
Admin

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Rainbow Brite »

So all eight new itty bittys went up for sale online on Monday, the 24th, with no purchasing limits. By the 27th, the Collector Set sold out, and today they've imposed a 5-per-customer limit on the 4 loose itty bittys.

I asked a Hallmark store employee who's very familiar with itty bittys if they've ever imposed these 5-per limits on any other itty bittys. She said only on Limited Edition itty bittys - which these are not. Now we all know that Rainbow Brite is popular, but even I'm not so naive as to think it's as popular as Frozen or Star Wars. So it seems pretty clear at this point that their production numbers were far too low and now they're playing catch up.

It's really sad to me to see that they have so little faith in Rainbow Brite's marketability. But hopefully they're learning a valuable lesson right now, and they won't make the same mistake with future Rainbow Brite merchandise.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Galacticatt »

Rainbow Brite wrote:So all eight new itty bittys went up for sale online on Monday, the 24th, with no purchasing limits. By the 27th, the Collector Set sold out, and today they've imposed a 5-per-customer limit on the 4 loose itty bittys.

I asked a Hallmark store employee who's very familiar with itty bittys if they've ever imposed these 5-per limits on any other itty bittys. She said only on Limited Edition itty bittys - which these are not. Now we all know that Rainbow Brite is popular, but even I'm not so naive as to think it's as popular as Frozen or Star Wars. So it seems pretty clear at this point that their production numbers were far too low and now they're playing catch up.

It's really sad to me to see that they have so little faith in Rainbow Brite's marketability. But hopefully they're learning a valuable lesson right now, and they won't make the same mistake with future Rainbow Brite merchandise.
Hmm, yeah, that does appear to show that they grossly underestimated the popularity of the line. Hopefully it isn't too late to order more be made of at least the non-limited characters!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Galacticatt wrote:Hmm, yeah, that does appear to show that they grossly underestimated the popularity of the line. Hopefully it isn't too late to order more be made of at least the non-limited characters!
Hopefully! It will be interesting to pay attention to the tags and see if future RB itty bittys have a different production date on them.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Rainbow Brite
Admin

OMG the Itty Bittys!

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Actually, now the Inside Out itty bittys have a 5 per limit as well! So it wasn't just RB that they underestimated :) That makes me feel better.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net