Rainbow Brite and boyfriends...lol

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
dragonfly

Post by dragonfly »

Ok so I finally let my new boyfriend in on my obsession with Rainbow Brite. He just laughed it off and said "Every girl still loves dolls." I think it's because I had two brothers and of course they made fun of me and my sister's toys and tortured them with My Pet Monsters and GI Joes,,, is why I feel like it might've thought it was silly. (Sorry I worded that sentence terribly lol)

But I was wondering about you guys....are your boyfriends okay with it? I heard a guy say once that he can't stand when a girl still has stuffed animals.

So one day when my boyfriend comes over he's going to see my collection and hopefully he thinks it's cool and doesn't think it's ridiculous. No one is coming between me and Rainbow Brite! :)

I am interested in hearing about other boyfriend experiences :)

Luv ya!!
-Shay

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I only had a few shelves of Rainbow Brite dolls on display when I met my husband. I was living in a small apartment, and just didn't have room to display much. But he didn't bat an eyelash at it. He thought it was cool that I collected something, and thought it was cute. And once he learned of the boxes and bins full of other Rainbow Brite things I had in storage, he didn't freak out at all :) And now that we're in a house large enough to display it all, he made custom shelves for me :bg: I guess it depends on the guy, but mine is very supportive of my passions, just as I'm supportive of his :)

Good luck!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

dragonfly

Post by dragonfly »

That's too cute/sweet!!!!

You're so lucky Katy! He sounds like an amazing man!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

dragonfly wrote:That's too cute/sweet!!!!

You're so lucky Katy! He sounds like an amazing man!
He certainly is :) I'm a lucky, lucky lady :bg:
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

silverorangetears

Post by silverorangetears »

My husband's always been fully aware of my crazy collection, since we first started dating.
My collection remains at my parents place, because it's sad to box it up for no reason, and we don't really have a great place to display it at our current place.

Originally the plan was to turn the spare room into an office for me, with shelfspace for my dolls, but that didn't end up happening.

Someday when we get a bigger house my dollies will come home with me and be fully displayed so i can see them every day again!

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

Well I was dating hubby before I started collecting toys. I think I kinda inspired him to collect also and also another friend of mine started to collect after I did. I guess my passion for toys rubbed off on those around me lol :rbsmile: Now we have our toys displayed in the living room.
:rainbow: Sukey