New Rainbow Brite Toys Coming in August!!

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

In case you missed the news :)

http://blog.rainbowbrite.net/2015/03/ne ... d-for.html

I can't wait!!!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

dragonfly

Post by dragonfly »

Yay I'm so excited!

My daughter just watched Peril in the Pits for the first time and it looks like she's hooked, so the new merchandise is coming at a fun time :)

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Awesome!! I found it interesting that they called them "kids products" instead of "collectors items" or something of the sort. With them being in the classic style, I assumed they would be geared towards the adult collector. But if they're aiming them at kids, that gives me greater hope that we'll see more items in the future. And it also gives me hope that they'll re-release Star Stealer (and maybe even the episodes!!) on DVD or Blu-Ray, so that kids know what the characters are from.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

dragonfly

Post by dragonfly »

I am seriously waiting for the day that the movie and episodes are released on DVD... what's the big hold up??? We sat and watched Peril in the Pits on youtube, so the sound and the picture was pretty bad.

I do wonder why they are labeled as "kids products"...I mean they are toys but I don't think they are to be treated as such...like my daughter knows that my Rainbow Brite items definitely do not get played with like her regular toys. Come August when the new collectibles come out, I plan on displaying them really nicely and they will hardly be touched. I definitely view them as collector items.

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

I am also very excited! I also hope that the Hallmark store that is closest to me (which is 2 hours away) still has classic merchandise. Me and hubby almost drove there Saturday, then I changed my mind- we had just been in that area less than 2 weeks before that :( hopefully they will still have stuff.
:rainbow: Sukey

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I hope they still have stuff too Sukey! Thankfully the upcoming dolls and book will be available on their website, as well as in stores. Although the store releases are going to be staggered. The products will arrive at different times in stores in different parts of the country, so not all stores will receive them at the same time. Hopefully the online ordering will be available as soon as they become available in some stores.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Amabilis999

Post by Amabilis999 »

Wow, those plushies look cute. I think this Twink plushie is the best Twink plushie yet. I think the Rainbow Brite doll can definitely pass as a collector’s item because it looks just like the original doll.

As for the Itty Bitties, I’m glad to hear that Indigo and Red Butler where included so the line isn’t just Rainbow and two Sprites. I hope the Itty Bitty line will include the rest of the Colour Kids as well as Murky and Lurky(those two are my favourite characters).

I’m not sure if this line will extend over to Canada. If it doesn’t, I hope I can get them through the online store.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Amabilis999 wrote:Wow, those plushies look cute. I think this Twink plushie is the best Twink plushie yet. I think the Rainbow Brite doll can definitely pass as a collector’s item because it looks just like the original doll.
I completely agree!!
As for the Itty Bitties, I’m glad to hear that Indigo and Red Butler where included so the line isn’t just Rainbow and two Sprites. I hope the Itty Bitty line will include the rest of the Colour Kids as well as Murky and Lurky(those two are my favourite characters).
Yes!! Itty Bitty Murkys and Lurkys would be ADORABLE!!! I'm being greedy, but I'd also love Itty Bittys of Tickled Pink, Moonglow, Stormy, Brian, Krys, The Dark Princess, Baby Brite and Wajja. Heck, I'd even like Mrs. Dismal, Kitty Brite and Puppy Brite...hehe :) But I'd at least settle for all seven Color Kids and their Sprites (if they must do Sprites), as long as they give us a classic style 12" Stormy doll :)
I’m not sure if this line will extend over to Canada. If it doesn’t, I hope I can get them through the online store.
I hope so too! I'll be happy to pick up items for fans in other countries if need be.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

It is actually a great sign that they are trying to appeal to kids- which are a larger target...

I love the looks of Twink but who knows if he will look anything like that in the final version.
I could be wrong but I bet that 18" is just a stock photo they found of the old doll- I think that means they WANT her to look like the first doll- she will probably be as similar as the 2003 version though, just my guess.

Of course I actually hope they do change Starlite- but since it is such a different design, it would be just our luck that that design stays the same. He looks decidedly odd..

I am very excited to see the Itty Bitty line!

Hopefully the toys sell like gangbusters and they make LOTS MORE!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Galacticatt wrote:It is actually a great sign that they are trying to appeal to kids- which are a larger target...
Good point!
I love the looks of Twink but who knows if he will look anything like that in the final version.
Oh I hope so!! If not, I will be hunting down that prototype until the end of time...lol
I could be wrong but I bet that 18" is just a stock photo they found of the old doll- I think that means they WANT her to look like the first doll- she will probably be as similar as the 2003 version though, just my guess.
It does rather look like a stock photo. But I hope she's more similar to the original than the 2003 version. Not that I hate the 2003 version - I don't. It's actually a really cute doll. But the more old-school they can make her, the more parents will buy them for their kids I think.
Of course I actually hope they do change Starlite- but since it is such a different design, it would be just our luck that that design stays the same. He looks decidedly odd..
Agreed! I've heard from many horse-loving fans in the past who loved Starlite because he looked like an actual horse (both in cartoon and toy form). I really don't think they're going to like this new design at all. I searched for "plush horse" on Ebay and found many examples of dolls that look much more appealing, and true to life:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Starry-Night-Ho ... cation=ufi
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLUSH-HORSE-PON ... cation=ufi
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Douglas-Maple-C ... cation=ufi
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Douglas-Grace-W ... cation=ufi
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beautiful-large ... cation=ufi
I am very excited to see the Itty Bitty line!
Hopefully the toys sell like gangbusters and they make LOTS MORE!
Amen!! :D
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net