Starlite is MINE!!!

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
dragonfly

Starlite is MINE!!!

Post by dragonfly »

FINALLY. After years and years, I finally won a rare hard version of Starlite!!
(I'm sorry to whoever I was bidding against)
He is in rough shape, but I am going to restore him back to his natural beauty...and then spend probably an hour a day staring at him. (Is this weird? Yea? I guess I'm weird lol)

I'm attaching the pics, if anyone has any good ideas how I could go about making him better, let me know! He also needs reigns, I am going to go to a craft store and look for the same type of ribbon/material that is used to keep the saddle on.

This is such a big deal for me guys. Like, years and years of searching eBay and all over the web. He isn't in his box, but I'm totally okay with that.

Here's some pictures from the auction!

I hope to hear from anyone who is really good at crafts and restoration.
Have a good Saturday everyone!
Attachments
starlite.jpg
starlite.jpg (297.44 KiB) Viewed 840 times
2star.jpg
2star.jpg (207.3 KiB) Viewed 840 times
3star.jpg
3star.jpg (208.48 KiB) Viewed 841 times
1star.jpg
1star.jpg (253.54 KiB) Viewed 841 times

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Starlite is MINE!!!

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Awesome find!! Congrats! :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Sukey

Starlite is MINE!!!

Post by Sukey »

It's cool that you found him! I don't know how well it would work, but I would buy some white paint to touch up his dings and you can probably buy some flocking online somewhere. Good luck! You should post after pics when you get him done!

I wish I had done that with my plush Starlites that I found at Goodwill. One was missing an eye and one was missing his star(also he had kinky hair from years of it being braided and was extremely dirty). I couldn't give either one of them up so I display both if them :rbsmile: The eye transplant went better than the star transplant, but I still treasure both of them anyway.
:rainbow: Sukey

Galacticatt

Starlite is MINE!!!

Post by Galacticatt »

Great find! I love that he still has his saddle!

It took me years to finally get my Starlite as well :) I think in addition to being rare, they are probably also often mislabeled, since there is no branding on them anywhere...