Your Theory: Why Did Stormy Leave?

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

So after watching the new season, short as it was, why do you think Stormy left Rainbow and the Color Kids? I'm curious to know (and maybe looking for some inspiration for a possible fanfic).

My brief idea: Stormy felt left out, as her powers weren't often used, and when she tried to do something to help the others, she made a big mess, destroyed some things and/or hurt Rainbow in the process.

Your turn!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

idistractedyou

Post by idistractedyou »

Well given that rain and snow are often frowned upon by most everyone as they do tend to makes other feels down she probably felt the Pits were a better fit for her. Much like Princess Luna from MLPFiM she probably felt her gift was useful but not appreciated. (Without rain grass wouldn't grow etc.)

Robert Teague

Post by Robert Teague »

I got the impression that she said or did something she thinks Rainbow is mad at her for, and rather than face the music, she ran off.

She was defensive and full of bluster (like Vidia of Tinker Bell) but privately felt bad.
"Magnets are cool, too..." --Ruby Rose, RWBY

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I think all of your theories are great, and I have to imagine that the truth is a combination of all the things ya'll have said.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Even Rainbow points out that without rain there can't be a rainbow! Poor Stormy, I hope she's over this now and stays in Rainbowland for good!
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

dragonfly

Post by dragonfly »

I'm thinking she left on a good note, and maybe she found somewhere else that she fits in a little bit better? I hope she comes back to visit cauz to me she was always the really cool one! :)