Episode 3: Operation Sparkle Color Explosion

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

OMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rbwave: :rbwave:
Spoiler: show
Chibi Rachy and idistractedyou - YA'LL NAILED IT!!! Nice job! :bg: That was AMAZING!!!!!! And now I'm DYING to find out who the mother is!!! And where is Krys now??? Did he put all of his magic into the ring to pass it down to Brian when he was ready?? If the mother is Wisp, what happened to the 80's Brian to make her want to name her son after him?? Did he die tragically trying to save Rainbow Land?? AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! So many questions!!!!!!! I loved that episode SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
:rbline: :rbline: :rbline:

Ya'll can watch my reaction video here :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_naWL-kERs
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

I wonder how Wisp could be the mother if she doesn't remember Baby Brite (or The Baby) when she found him/her. Or were we not considering that?

I was surprised that it's a ring now instead of a bracelet.
I haven't read the other episode threads on here yet (been busy with personal stuff) but did any of you notice she doesn't seem to have a color belt anymore? It seems like the rainbows all come from her armbands.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Wooo!
I can't believe I was right! That's a good one and it was so great to see. Like you though I'm wondering how Brian came to be and who the mother is. Or is he a halfling? Seeing Krys's suit again was great. There are plenty of plot holes left to be sure, things that could be filled by fanfiction with the right person. I'd like to know....
1. What caused Stormy to leave
2. How she ended up with the Dark Princess
3. How Murky had created his flash drive
4. How Krys came to live on Earth
5. Brian's mother's origins

That's all I can think of off of the top of my head. I'm sure there's more if I really thought about it. Hopefully they'll decide to do some more episodes in the future and we'll get a longer second season. Let's put Murky in the forefront and see what he can do!

(And Lurky's "kittens!" protest was adorable!)
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Robert Teague

Post by Robert Teague »

Well, if you look carefully behind Brian in Murky's lab while he's sitting on the stool, there's a blackboard with a checklist, and the last entry is "Belt".
"Magnets are cool, too..." --Ruby Rose, RWBY

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Ooh interesting! I missed that, Robert! I need to watch them some more.

Rachy-
I too wonder about Krys living on Earth. In the second episode Rainbow had said someone was supposed to bring the ring from Spectra. Maybe he got lost? Or fell in love and detoured? My first thought was that it would be Orin bringing the ring; I wasn't expecting Krys, especially since Moonglow and Tickled Pink are missing.

Also please tell me On-X hasn't been turned into a motorcycle.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

idistractedyou

Post by idistractedyou »

Okay so that was an excellent episode.
Brian being Krys' son was an idea. I guess the whole Sentinel of Light concept was interesting. So since Brian can see in darkness does that mean his light is beyond the traditional electro-magnetic spectrum? Stormy seems to be nature. Rainbow is the Electromagnetic Spectrum. This is similar to the Sky Powers concept they had in the 2009 reboot isn't it? It also leaves a potential reason to bring Moonglow in later. I laughed alot especially the signange such as Fort ROYGBIV and the Happiest Jail in the World and Murky and Lurky's moments.

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

It was a great episode- although so many questions now left to be answered !!!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

IndigoJoy - In the show, Baby Brite was simply a corporeal form of the Sphere of Light and disappeared once Rainbow defeated The Evil One. I know she showed up again in coloring books/pamphlet stories, etc, but I think that was more to sell the doll ;) Robert's right about the word "belt" being on Murky's chalkboard, so perhaps it will play a bigger role in the future (if there is one!). But as far as On-X goes...it does appear that he's been turned into a motorcycle. Hopefully the old On-X will show up at some point...or they'll explain why he was dismantled and his parts put in a shed...lol

Chibi Rachy - That's another good point, Brian could be half-human, half-Spectran. Heck, Krys could've been too for all we know! I really hope they do some backstory to show all of those origin details. And YES to the kittens protest!! HAHA!

idistractedyou - I agree that it's similar to the Sky Powers concept, but cooler IMO. And yes! I really hope they bring in Moonglow at some point! I laughed at those parts too!! Especially the mainframe scene...HAHAHAAHAHA :D

Galacticatt - Right?!? We've got more questions than colors! :D

And did anyone else notice the Sprite statue behind Stormy? Look at its antennae!!

~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Robert Teague

Post by Robert Teague »

I noticed it! It implies a lot of history we have yet to learn.
"Magnets are cool, too..." --Ruby Rose, RWBY

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Robert Teague wrote:I noticed it! It implies a lot of history we have yet to learn.
Agreed :bg: :bg: :bg:
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net