Episode 3: Operation Sparkle Color Explosion

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Katy, I know of course that The Baby in the original series was the Sphere of Light but
Spoiler: show
somehow my brain was thinking that day that if Wisp was the mother you meant The Baby eventually became Brian or something. I don't know where my head was, LOL. It wouldn't make sense since I'm pretty sure Rainbow called the baby a she, lol.

It seems like there would be some time travel or at least magic involved here, since RB and Krys are both kids yet they, or at least Krys, has a son. If Rainbow is Brian's mom, I would lean more toward her becoming his mom after she became RB and not as Wisp, because in the original, she didn't even meet Krys until she was already RB. But she doesn't remember being his mom?

Also if Brian doesn't know he and his dad are Sentinels of Light (what RB calls them in episode 3) then maybe Krys has been living under a secret identity?
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Spoiler: show
It seems like there would be some time travel or at least magic involved here, since RB and Krys are both kids yet they, or at least Krys, has a son. If Rainbow is Brian's mom, I would lean more toward her becoming his mom after she became RB and not as Wisp, because in the original, she didn't even meet Krys until she was already RB. But she doesn't remember being his mom?
My theory is that after being Rainbow Brite for several years, Wisp passed the belt on to someone else, left Rainbow Land and became Wisp again. Perhaps being on Earth, she aged like normal people and so did Krys. But that would only work if this new show is a continuation of the old, and not a reboot.
Also if Brian doesn't know he and his dad are Sentinels of Light (what RB calls them in episode 3) then maybe Krys has been living under a secret identity?
I would say so. Otherwise why would Brian have been so surprised to end up in Rainbow Land?
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net