The New Color Castle

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Robert Teague

The New Color Castle

Post by Robert Teague »

I made some screencaps from the trailer and promo, and have learned some more about the changes made. I would have posted them here, but I got an error message that the alloted space for attachments is full.

There might be some spoilers here, but anyone can freeze frame the trailer and see the same things. Consider yourself warned.

I got a clear shot of the Color Castle, and two with color beams converging on the central tall tower.

The first screencap will probably be an establishing shot in the series, and some things can be learned.

There are seven keeps around the central building. Between one particular keep and the central building are piles of color crystal, separated by color.

The central building is rectangular, with the central tower toward one end. There are four small semi-detached keeps, two on each side, and shorter than the surrounding ones.

A screencap where the color beams are on show us the order of the colors. The keep with the color crystal in front is Red's, then clockwise orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.

A screencap of the Color Kid's arms working controls is split into seven parts, which means the people involved are in different places. This implies the Kids control their beams from their keeps, instead of a central console.

The red brick road goes from the violet keep to the central building, then to the green keep. Other paths seem to be unpaved.

There are four bridges over the moat, at the red, yellow, indigo, and violet keeps. One can see sprite houses here and there along the paths.

Between the Red Keep and the bridge is a sprite delivering Color Crystal.

A small rainbow waterfall is by the green keep, but does not seem to have a source. It is falling from well above the level of the moat.

I have a shot of a panicked Brian sliding on a rainbow, and in the background one can clearly see the mine car bridge from the Color Cave!

Now; here's something of real interest-- one shot is from ground level, and from the orientation of the color beams, is in front of Red's keep.

A purple color beam is coming from the small keep next to the front door on the right, and a pink one from the back keep on the left. Moonglo and Tickled Pink?
"Magnets are cool, too..." --Ruby Rose, RWBY

Rainbow Brite
Admin

The New Color Castle

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Robert sent me the annotated picture, so I'll post it here and then reply in the following post :)

~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Rainbow Brite
Admin

The New Color Castle

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Oh Robert, I've missed this :D :D :D
Robert Teague wrote:There are seven keeps around the central building. Between one particular keep and the central building are piles of color crystal, separated by color.
I didn't even notice the Color Crystals!! I suppose I thought they were more trees or bushes. But I think you're right!!
A screencap of the Color Kid's arms working controls is split into seven parts, which means the people involved are in different places. This implies the Kids control their beams from their keeps, instead of a central console.
I didn't think of it that way at all! What a cool idea! I wonder how they'll communicate in order to all pull the levers at the same time?
There are four bridges over the moat, at the red, yellow, indigo, and violet keeps. One can see sprite houses here and there along the paths.
I didn't notice the Sprite houses either!! Squee!!!
Between the Red Keep and the bridge is a sprite delivering Color Crystal.
OMG there totally is!! Good eye :D
A small rainbow waterfall is by the green keep, but does not seem to have a source. It is falling from well above the level of the moat.
I love the idea that it's Color Crystal waste! Haha :D
I have a shot of a panicked Brian sliding on a rainbow, and in the background one can clearly see the mine car bridge from the Color Cave!
Yes! I noticed that too :)
Now; here's something of real interest-- one shot is from ground level, and from the orientation of the color beams, is in front of Red's keep.

A purple color beam is coming from the small keep next to the front door on the right, and a pink one from the back keep on the left. Moonglo and Tickled Pink?
I SAW THAT TOO!!! And came to the same conclusion as you :D Oh I hope I hope I hope!!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Robert Teague

The New Color Castle

Post by Robert Teague »

Rainbow Brite wrote:Oh Robert, I've missed this :D :D :D
Me too, a lot more than I realized! With the old series, we developed a history, a geography, a mnerology, and a cosmology. With the new series, we'll have to start over. I look forward to it!

And thanks for posting the picture!
Rainbow Brite wrote:I didn't think of it that way at all! What a cool idea! I wonder how they'll communicate in order to all pull the levers at the same time?
It's 2014. They probably all have cell phones. : )
Rainbow Brite wrote:I love the idea that it's Color Crystal waste! Haha :D
Well, knowing what we do about color crystal, it wouldn't pollute. But it does bother the scientist in me that violet is by red, instead of blue.
Rainbow Brite wrote:I SAW THAT TOO!!! And came to the same conclusion as you :D Oh I hope I hope I hope!!
And that leaves two keeps open. One for Rainbow, and the last... for a reformed Stormy?

I'm not used to the quoting system here. Hope I didn't mess up too badly.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

The New Color Castle

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Robert Teague wrote:Me too, a lot more than I realized! With the old series, we developed a history, a geography, a mnerology, and a cosmology. With the new series, we'll have to start over. I look forward to it!
Same here :)
Robert Teague wrote:And thanks for posting the picture!
Anytime!
Robert Teague wrote:It's 2014. They probably all have cell phones. : )
Haha...hopefully something more magical than that ;) Or something more old-fashioned. The style of the castle and keeps reminds me of medieval times. Maybe there will be more magic, and less technology this time around?
Robert Teague wrote:Well, knowing what we do about color crystal, it wouldn't pollute. But it does bother the scientist in me that violet is by red, instead of blue.
I noticed the color order difference as well. But it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. For one, they kept all seven primary colors - they didn't replace any with pink. And they may have done it to keep some of the color stripe imagery from looking like a gay pride flag.
Robert Teague wrote:And that leaves two keeps open. One for Rainbow, and the last... for a reformed Stormy?
I like the way you think :bg:
Robert Teague wrote:I'm not used to the quoting system here. Hope I didn't mess up too badly.
It's all good. I fixed it for you ;) It is a little quirky at times.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Robert Teague

The New Color Castle

Post by Robert Teague »

A few more things...

The blue and indigo keeps don't have a path to the red brick road. Looking at the overall pattern, it makes for an odd symmetry.

Of the four bridges, the one by the red keep does not have a path on the other side. I suspect the one behind the violet keep leads to the Color Cave.

In the old series the sprite houses were all bunched together. Here they are spread out. I've counted eight in the picture, but a couple are uncertain.

Robert Teague

The New Color Castle

Post by Robert Teague »

I added the pictures of Rainbowland and the Color Castle to my gallery on DeviantArt (under the name Penumbrus, if you're curious), and already someone requested to add the Castle to their display!

Robert Teague

The New Color Castle

Post by Robert Teague »

In Episode 3, in the scene taking place in the conference room, you have Rainbow, Stormy, Brian, and the Color Kids for a total of 10. Each one has a chair, though Rainbow never sits down.

Now: normally Brian wouldn't be there. So who is the 10th chair actually for? Hmmm...

Rainbow Brite
Admin

The New Color Castle

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Here's Robert's latest creation - the layout of Color Headquarters :)

~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net