New Rainbow Brite Cartoon!

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

I would be totally on board with rainbow hair! Plus rainbow themed stuff seems to be very popular with the kids these days, so why not?

It does worry me though that the rainbowbrite.com website maintained by hallmark, still features those (sad to say) idiotic animations that are barely fan-made quality (http://www.hallmark.com/online/rainbow- ... inbow.aspx) The series reference would be for more of this kind of ... stuff, would it?

Hopefully they just haven't gotten around to updating...

jazzycreations

Post by jazzycreations »

Just saw this! I don't have cable, so you all will have to let me know how it goes! I'm excited, maybe it will bring more dolls out!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Galacticatt wrote:I would be totally on board with rainbow hair! Plus rainbow themed stuff seems to be very popular with the kids these days, so why not?
Since her outfit is already so colorful, rainbow streaks in one section of hair might be more aesthetically pleasing. I'm thinking Rogue from X-Men in technicolor :D Like the rainbow hair extension that the dress up dolls came with. If all of her hair was rainbow, it might be TOO much color on one person. Don't want her ending up looking like a clown ;) And then kids would have something fun to emulate - now that hair chalk and clip-in colorful extensions are so popular and easy to use.
It does worry me though that the rainbowbrite.com website maintained by hallmark, still features those (sad to say) idiotic animations that are barely fan-made quality (http://www.hallmark.com/online/rainbow- ... inbow.aspx) The series reference would be for more of this kind of ... stuff, would it?
Hopefully they just haven't gotten around to updating...
I think they're just waiting to change it. I'm hoping for some kind of big reveal. And the sooner the better!! :D
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

jazzycreations wrote:Just saw this! I don't have cable, so you all will have to let me know how it goes! I'm excited, maybe it will bring more dolls out!
It hasn't been announced yet, but I'm guessing it's going to be on Spiritclips, which is basically Hallmark's version of Netflix. So you won't need cable to watch it :) I don't have cable either - haven't had it for years.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Rainbow Brite wrote:Since her outfit is already so colorful, rainbow streaks in one section of hair might be more aesthetically pleasing. I'm thinking Rogue from X-Men in technicolor :D Like the rainbow hair extension that the dress up dolls came with. If all of her hair was rainbow, it might be TOO much color on one person. Don't want her ending up looking like a clown ;) And then kids would have something fun to emulate - now that hair chalk and clip-in colorful extensions are so popular and easy to use.
Yes, I just quoted myself...lol. I can't stop thinking about what the new design will be, so my brain is going nuts with ideas ;) I just thought - hey, she has bangs...her bangs could be rainbow! She could single-handedly make bangs popular again...haha. But I still think I like the streak idea better.

And I wouldn't mind her dress being more aqua blue like the 2009 remake instead of the darker blue of the original. I just love aqua blue!

Must...see.....pictures!!!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Wow, I really hope they go with a super cute new design, I HOPE they copy MLP/FIM because it has been so successful, I'd love for Rainbow Brite to follow suit! Someone would have to be willing to throw down some money for real writers though, lets hope they do!

It would be awesome if the HUB picked up Rainbow Brite, I think that with a decent set of writers and designers, Rainbow Brite could be really successful again, I mean they already have new Popples, new Care Bears new TMNT, and new Jem, it's Rainbow's turn!

I do think that a new cartoon, regardless of how great or terrible it is, DOES mean that merchandise may be in the works!

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Ooooh- someone knows something, here is another tidbit from the Huffington Post:
Rumor has it that the Rainbow Brite series plans to return to the small screen. In 2010, the brand revamped the colorful cast of characters for a much more mature --but still bright -- look. With Disney vet Emily Osment, known for her role as Lilly on "Hannah Montana," reportedly voicing the lead role of Rainbow herself, little girls are sure to fall in love with the '80s classic.
Also- it appears the Rainbow Brite and the Starstealer comic just got re-released by DC comics? That's a good sign, isn't it?
http://www.comicvine.com/rainbow-brite- ... 00-239439/ (although I may be reading it wrong?)

I wonder when it will hit? Maybe 2015?

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Galacticatt wrote:Also- it appears the Rainbow Brite and the Starstealer comic just got re-released by DC comics? That's a good sign, isn't it?
http://www.comicvine.com/rainbow-brite- ... 00-239439/ (although I may be reading it wrong?)

I wonder when it will hit? Maybe 2015?
I don't understand why that page has today's date on it. The image is just the cover of the old comic. But it WOULD be cool if they re-released the comic. And the DVD! Or, better yet, a Blu-Ray!!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

You guys, it has been a MONTH since Emily broke the news about the new cartoon, and we still don't have any details!! I'm going crazy here!! Couldn't they at least issue a press release?? NEED MORE INPUT STEPHANIE!!!! (hope ya'll get that reference...lol)

:caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine:
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

I am super surprised also that there is absolutely nothing on the radar about this! I've read a lot of articles, but they all refer to the original.

It seems like there should be a press release somewhere, right? I guess it is likely that a decision as to whether or not the cartoon will be aired has not yet been made.

Also- I think it very likely the cartoon is planned to support a merchandise line, so at some point we should hear from whatever toy company it is that picked up the license (I hope a good one!)