Flea market find!

Here you can post about everything that does not belong in any of the other sections.
Sukey

Flea market find!

Post by Sukey »

My husband talked me in to going to our local flea market and I'm glad he did. While he was showing me a Wuzzle I spotted the Popple that I have been trying to get for probably 15 years. It was Pancake Popple and she was in excellent shape except for a small stain that I washed out. I was so glad that she wasn't stuck in the dryer like the other Popples they had for sale- they were all "dryer burnt". I only paid $5 for her! Still so excited I finally completed my large plushy Popples collection after all these years! I was surprised by the amount of toys that were for sale because you rarely saw any before. Wonder if the Toy Hunter show has anything to do with that?
:rainbow: Sukey

TheWendybird

Flea market find!

Post by TheWendybird »

Popples were awesome I loved them! I've been wanting to find a mint in the box Lady Lovely Locks. I use to take her Pixie Tails and put them in my hair :D I hope I luck into that some day!
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Rainbowbrite84

Flea market find!

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Congrats on your find! Popples are definitely one of my favorites :)

MoonGlow218

Flea market find!

Post by MoonGlow218 »

Wow that's awesome! That's why I love Flea Markets cause you never know what you might find! :)

Clinozoisite

Flea market find!

Post by Clinozoisite »

Fantastic find! I think I still have my Popples somewhere in storage. I rarely played with them, so I bet they're in great shape! I wonder which ones I have (I think I've got 2...)

Sukey

Flea market find!

Post by Sukey »

I've been lucky lately. We went to another flea market and I found a plush My Little Pony Starshine in excellent condition with nice eyes(mine were really bad on the one I had). I also found a Merry go round MLP. We also went to an antique show and I found a Rainbow Brite trash can, a Swift Heart Rabbit(care bear), a Strawberry Shortcake glass and a Care Bear glass.

TheWendybird

Flea market find!

Post by TheWendybird »

Do you have a picture of the care bear glass? wondering if it's like one we had when I was little.
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Clinozoisite

Flea market find!

Post by Clinozoisite »

What great finds! I hope 80s toys become more popular at antique malls, flea markets, and shows!

Sukey

Flea market find!

Post by Sukey »

Clinozoisite wrote:What great finds! I hope 80s toys become more popular at antique malls, flea markets, and shows!
I sure hope so!!

Krista, I will have to take a pic of my Care Bear glasses for you. The one I got most recently was Tenderheart because I was taking mine home from my mom's house and it got broken :( I collect the mugs, too, but I can't seem to find them. I had a box of them in storage, but have no idea where they got to.

Sukey

Flea market find!

Post by Sukey »

Here they are. I found my mugs, too!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 10485 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (673.4 KiB) Viewed 10485 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (651.8 KiB) Viewed 10485 times