Remember the short "The Halloween That Almost Wasn't"?

Here you can post about everything that does not belong in any of the other sections.
Radiant Bridge

Remember the short "The Halloween That Almost Wasn't"?

Post by Radiant Bridge »

American members who are my age or older might recall this hilarious Halloween special, "The Halloween That Almost Wasn't". It was made in 1979, but had a regular airing every October on The Disney Channel throughout the eighties. It hasn't been on television for over twenty years, which is a shame because it's one of the best family shorts for Halloween. I first saw it in the late eighties when I was four. We recorded it on the same tape as two movies which not many people had ever heard of: Mr. Boogedy and its sequel, Bride Of Boogedy. Both are silly but fun comedies entertaining in their own ways. Sadly the tape was lost, but I recently managed to find a copy of the two movies, although both are on YouTube. "The Halloween That Almost Wasn't" is also on YouTube. Oddly enough, my mom remembered my dad imitating Mr. Boogedy but nothing about the movies and consequently thought that the line was something that my dad had made up.