Valentine's Event Feedback/Easter Event Suggestions

Chibi Rachy

Valentine's Event Feedback/Easter Event Suggestions

Post by Chibi Rachy »

All right so starting a new thread. Even though not everyone has received their packages yet for the Valentine Exchange, we can start with the feedback. For the Valentine Event:

What did you think of this event after completing it?
Would you want to do it again next year?

Now onto the Easter Event.

Easter this year is the beginning of April, the very first week to be exact. So what's your ideas for an Easter Event? I'll chime in with some:

- Card Exchange: Exchanging cards just like at Christmas. You'd send a card to every participant.
- Egg Exchange: The idea behind this is to be creative. You will be given one person, just like with the Valentine Event. You buy a set of plastic eggs, I think they come in 12's. Then, you fill the eggs with something small- phrases or quotes, trinkets, candy, anything that fits. Then you'd send the eggs to your person. You can instruct them on how to open the eggs: hide and then open, open a day at a time, can open all at once, etc.

Throw in your own suggestions!

Adding in my feedback for the V-day Event:

I really enjoyed this event. I loved what was in my package, and I had such fun shopping for my secret pal as well. I'd love to do this again in the future!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tennyo

Re: Valentine's Event Feedback/Easter Event Suggestions

Post by Tennyo »

V-day event was very fun. I love participating in swaps. :) I would do it again, and the idea of sending items in eggs for Easter sounds great! ^_^

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tennyo wrote:V-day event was very fun. I love participating in swaps. :) I would do it again, and the idea of sending items in eggs for Easter sounds great! ^_^
Yeah, and it can potentially be cheaper too since eggs really don't cost that much and what gets put in those eggs is completely up to the person. If that was done, a $10 limit would be imposed just for the sake of limits, but no one is expected to spend near that much.

I'll give it a week for suggestions and then create a poll for everyone to sign up and choose the event we'll do.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

BriteAsARainbow

Post by BriteAsARainbow »

Hi Rachel, I received my Val gift today. Thank you so much! I love the variety. My students will enjoy too. Thanks for the pens, Tink is my favorite! I love the games, especially bop the aliens. The flower fairy book looks so beautiful too. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and the pretty card. Such a fun event!

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

BriteAsARainbow wrote:Hi Rachel, I received my Val gift today. Thank you so much! I love the variety. My students will enjoy too. Thanks for the pens, Tink is my favorite! I love the games, especially bop the aliens. The flower fairy book looks so beautiful too. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and the pretty card. Such a fun event!
I'm glad you got it. I was afraid it had gotten lost in the mail. It was a lot of fun shopping for things that might match your list :)

I suppose I should share my thanks now for my own gift. Thanks Tennyo! I loved the clock. It was so adorable! I placed it in my bathroom since that's done in the theme of ducks. I didn't have a clock for there, so it really was perfect. The Reese's I love cause Reese's are awesome, and I gave out almost all the conversation hearts to my students. They were happy :) I still have some left!

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Awesome! I'm glad you liked it! I know that in the PM I got is said you liked rubber ducks. That very day we got little clocks like that in at work! It was almost too perfect! I figured, hey, it's not a rubber duck, but it's still a toy duck, and it's yellow. lol

I actually waited a couple days before I bought it just in case I found something better but I didn't. That clock seems very unique. :)

I got a MLP and a cute RB mirror. I don't know who it's from, though! At least, I don't know their SN on the forum. Thank you person who got me! I'll post pics later. :)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tennyo wrote:Awesome! I'm glad you liked it! I know that in the PM I got is said you liked rubber ducks. That very day we got little clocks like that in at work! It was almost too perfect! I figured, hey, it's not a rubber duck, but it's still a toy duck, and it's yellow. lol

I actually waited a couple days before I bought it just in case I found something better but I didn't. That clock seems very unique. :)

I got a MLP and a cute RB mirror. I don't know who it's from, though! At least, I don't know their SN on the forum. Thank you person who got me! I'll post pics later. :)
Well, you either got RB84 or BriteAsARainbow, whose names start with S and L respectively :P

Rainbowbrite84

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Tennyo wrote: I got a MLP and a cute RB mirror. I don't know who it's from, though! At least, I don't know their SN on the forum. Thank you person who got me! I'll post pics later. :)
That was me! Tennyo I was your secret valentine :) I hope you enjoyed everything!!

I received a LPS carrying case with 3 pets and Rainbow Brite and Starlite figures, thank you thank you very much BriteAsARainbow :) I LOVE everything.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Looks like this event was a smashing success! I'm pleased that everyone enjoyed their gifts from their pals!

Please make sure you suggest any Easter ideas you'd like in this thread, or confirm nay existing ones. I think I'll do a poll this weekend so we can vote on what we're doing for the event and you can sign up for it as well.

So far there's still:

- Card exchange
- Egg treasures (hiding trinkets, candy, messages in a set of 12 plastic eggs)

BriteAsARainbow

Post by BriteAsARainbow »

You're welcome RB84. I'm glad you're happy. The rainbow fabric pieces are arm warmers I made so you can dress up like the new style Rainbow Brite.