Valentine Exchange

What do you want to do for the Valentine Exchange?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:11 am

Buy Valentines and send them to everyone
20%
Make homemade Valentines and send them to everyone
20%
Have a secret Valentine exchange
40%
Other (please explain)
20%

Total votes: 5

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Re: Valentine Exchange

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Chibi Rachy wrote:So after the success of the Christmas Card Exchange, I really want to do a Valentine one. There are two options for this so please read carefully. First of all, the rules:

1. You must be able to give out addresses on the Internet
2. You must send your part of the exchange so that it is received by V-day
3. You must be able to purchase the supplies.

These are the options for the exchange. Please vote in the poll above, and sign up below, leaving additional comments if necessary.

Option 1: A card exchange. This could be where you buy store bought cards and send them out. It can also be where you must make homemade Valentines, just like you might have done as a kid.

Option 2: Secret Valentine. After all participants have signed up, a list of all participants would be given to someone not participating in the exchange. They would randomly pair people up. Then, you'd be responsible for giving your secret Valentine a small token, spending no more than $10 (shipping not included)

So sign up, vote, and comment below!

Current participants:

1. Chibi Rachy
2. RainbowBrite84
3. Tennyo
4. BriteAsARainbow

DEADLINE TO ENTER: 1/25/10

Hmmmmm....................

RULES:

1. I'd rather not advertise my home address on the internet, even in an e-mail, but I'd be OK with a PM on here.

2 & 3. OK

OPTIONS:

1. Card Exchange is OK, but let's limit the number you have to send. I don't want to spend €25 just on postage :P .
Remember that we have people on here from Europe and North America if not other far off locations.

2. A card exchange run like a Secret Valentine would also be good. I'll even volunteer to be the one to randomly match people up.

3. It may well cost more than $10 to mail a $10 item to the other side of the planet these days. Postal rates have gone up hugely almost everywhere during the past two years.

4. Which $ are you talking about? US, Canada, Australia? Most people don't know a lot about exchange rates. 10 USD
is around 6 GBP and 7 EUR, so 10 HKD is worth how many EGP? Better to say something of of a nominal value in the place of origin.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:So after the success of the Christmas Card Exchange, I really want to do a Valentine one. There are two options for this so please read carefully. First of all, the rules:

1. You must be able to give out addresses on the Internet
2. You must send your part of the exchange so that it is received by V-day
3. You must be able to purchase the supplies.

These are the options for the exchange. Please vote in the poll above, and sign up below, leaving additional comments if necessary.

Option 1: A card exchange. This could be where you buy store bought cards and send them out. It can also be where you must make homemade Valentines, just like you might have done as a kid.

Option 2: Secret Valentine. After all participants have signed up, a list of all participants would be given to someone not participating in the exchange. They would randomly pair people up. Then, you'd be responsible for giving your secret Valentine a small token, spending no more than $10 (shipping not included)

So sign up, vote, and comment below!

Current participants:

1. Chibi Rachy
2. RainbowBrite84
3. Tennyo
4. BriteAsARainbow

DEADLINE TO ENTER: 1/25/10

Hmmmmm....................

RULES:

1. I'd rather not advertise my home address on the internet, even in an e-mail, but I'd be OK with a PM on here.

2 & 3. OK

OPTIONS:

1. Card Exchange is OK, but let's limit the number you have to send. I don't want to spend €25 just on postage :P .
Remember that we have people on here from Europe and North America if not other far off locations.

2. A card exchange run like a Secret Valentine would also be good. I'll even volunteer to be the one to randomly match people up.

3. It may well cost more than $10 to mail a $10 item to the other side of the planet these days. Postal rates have gone up hugely almost everywhere during the past two years.

4. Which $ are you talking about? US, Canada, Australia? Most people don't know a lot about exchange rates. 10 USD
is around 6 GBP and 7 EUR, so 10 HKD is worth how many EGP? Better to say something of of a nominal value in the place of origin.
You're really making this more difficult than it is. The address thing is done through PM. I gather addresses from each participant and then send out a PM to each member with the list of addresses (in the case of a mass card exchange)

To comment on your issues with the options:

1. Cards are sent to everyone. There's no limit to it. I'm not gonna say who sends cards to who, or let someone decide who they want to send to. Everyone gets included.

3. Shipping is left to the person. That's why this is something a user willingly participates in, and why the choices were given for the exchange. It is also why a user was asked if there was something they didn't want to do if it should win the poll because of limited funds.

4. I refer to USD. If I were to use any other currency, I would have included this. Exchange rates are easily taken care of online with google, but I'm not going to include exchange rates for every country on here.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Secret Valentine wins! Yes! Maybe? I hope? :lol:

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Yup, Tennyo, secret Valentine wins. I said we'd follow whatever won the poll and that was the one. To those who were signed up, I'll be sending a simple form to each of you to fill out and send back to me. It'll be sent to your Valentine to help them out.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

To give an update: Just waiting on the survey reply from Tennyo at this point. Once I receive it, then I will have someone randomly select secret pals and take care of that part :)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Here's an update on the event:

I've asked Aquarius to play the matchmaker for this event. She's been sent all the information (addresses and questionnaires) to copy and paste into a PM that will be sent to all members. Even though it's signed by me, she's the one deciding who gets what. After all, I didn't want to know who had me :) Tennyo, I've PMed you for your address. I forgot I didn't have it. It'll be sent on to your secret Valentine as soon as I receive it.

All your instructions are included in the letter. After the event, I'll post a feedback thread and begin gathering ideas for an Easter Exchange.

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Alrighty, I just sent everyone's secret Valentine out a moment ago. Have fun :)

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Aquarius wrote:Alrighty, I just sent everyone's secret Valentine out a moment ago. Have fun :)

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:
Thanks a bunch! I really appreciate this :D

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

I have all the stuff to send to my person, I just need to ship it. :P

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tennyo wrote:I have all the stuff to send to my person, I just need to ship it. :P
I've bought all my stuff, but I need to pack it up and such. It'll get mailed out next week since we're gearing up for that oh so lovely large snow storm that's coming tomorrow.