Valentine Exchange

What do you want to do for the Valentine Exchange?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:11 am

Buy Valentines and send them to everyone
20%
Make homemade Valentines and send them to everyone
20%
Have a secret Valentine exchange
40%
Other (please explain)
20%

Total votes: 5

Chibi Rachy

Valentine Exchange

Post by Chibi Rachy »

So after the success of the Christmas Card Exchange, I really want to do a Valentine one. There are two options for this so please read carefully. First of all, the rules:

1. You must be able to give out addresses on the Internet
2. You must send your part of the exchange so that it is received by V-day
3. You must be able to purchase the supplies.

These are the options for the exchange. Please vote in the poll above, and sign up below, leaving additional comments if necessary.

Option 1: A card exchange. This could be where you buy store bought cards and send them out. It can also be where you must make homemade Valentines, just like you might have done as a kid.

Option 2: Secret Valentine. After all participants have signed up, a list of all participants would be given to someone not participating in the exchange. They would randomly pair people up. Then, you'd be responsible for giving your secret Valentine a small token, spending no more than $10 (shipping not included)

So sign up, vote, and comment below!

Current participants:

1. Chibi Rachy
2. RainbowBrite84
3. Tennyo
4. BriteAsARainbow

DEADLINE TO ENTER: 1/25/10 - Entry into the Exchange is CLOSED. All participants will participate in a Secret Valentine Exchange
Last edited by Chibi Rachy on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Rainbowbrite84

Re: Valentine Exchange

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

You can count me in :) I like the idea of a card exchange.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Rainbowbrite84 wrote:You can count me in :) I like the idea of a card exchange.
Awesome. We'll see how the votes go. If it ends of a tie for the two options of a card exchange, we'll make it a choice. Or I may just do that anyway.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Sounds like fun! I voted for the secret Valentine. We do stuff like this at the MLP Arena a lot. We call them swaps. Nobody knows who they are getting their package from, and it's always a surprise to see what is in it! And sometimes people go a little overboard with what they send as well. We had a simple swap, and the person who got me sent four ponies instead of just two or three, in addition to other little toys a knick knacks, as well as a Play Arts FFVII Aerith because she knows how much I love FFVII! ^_^

Putting the box together is the fun part, though. I have a tendency to overdo is sometimes, like we once had a candy swap and I sent eight pounds instead of just two. XD But it really is great. :)

But oh man the shipping on the eight pound box of candy. That box went to Germany. NOT CHEAP!!!!

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tennyo wrote:Sounds like fun! I voted for the secret Valentine. We do stuff like this at the MLP Arena a lot. We call them swaps. Nobody knows who they are getting their package from, and it's always a surprise to see what is in it! And sometimes people go a little overboard with what they send as well. We had a simple swap, and the person who got me sent four ponies instead of just two or three, in addition to other little toys a knick knacks, as well as a Play Arts FFVII Aerith because she knows how much I love FFVII! ^_^

Putting the box together is the fun part, though. I have a tendency to overdo is sometimes, but it really is great. :)
Glad to have you join the exchange! I'll add you to the list! If the votes turn out to swing for the card exchange, are you still okay with that?

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

I guess so. :)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tennyo wrote:I guess so. :)
Okay. I just wanted to make sure because I'd simply make a note to keep you on the list if it were secret Valentine or remove you if you didn't want to do the card exchange if that won.

BriteAsARainbow

Post by BriteAsARainbow »

I vote for the Secret Valentine. I think each participant should try hard to send one or more Rainbow Brite items to their secret valentine if possible. I am willing to do the card exchange if the majority prefer that though.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

BriteAsARainbow wrote:I vote for the Secret Valentine. I think each participant should try hard to send one or more Rainbow Brite items to their secret valentine if possible. I am willing to do the card exchange if the majority prefer that though.
I'll add you to the list :) I gave options as to what we could do as a group because the economy sucks and some may not be able to afford to send a package of goodies to just one person, no matter how they want to. We will see how this turns out. Glad to have you join us!

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

This is just a reminder that the 25th is the deadline to sign up for this event. There's less than a week remaining, so if you wanna join, make sure you let me know!