the thread of spam

Chibi Rachy

Re: the thread of spam

Post by Chibi Rachy »

For some reason, amazon.com shipped the wii fit plus game separate and by UPS and so I got that today. Surprised at the one day shipping bit. Of course, the rest of the shipment was shipped USPS and won't be here til the 30th... so all I could do was unload the box and read through things before packing it back into the box so it'd stay dust-free. I did go and order a set of rechargeable batteries and charger for it; took me forever to find something that was actually decent because the charging stations for the wii remote receive mixed reviews so I just bought a regular set of rechargeable AA's.

Let's see...everything is ready for Christmas. My parents are supposed to stop by today to see my tree. Today's their 24th anniversary too. Yup, they got married on Christmas Eve...but only because the church was already decorated and pretty XD

Gonna spend the rest of the day relaxing. Going to my folks tomorrow for Christmas, but I don't know what time yet.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Went to the ReStore for Christmas Eve celebration, free food, shopping and free toys. ReStore is half thrift store/op shop and half church. A lady passed out (stroke?) as soon as I was in the middle of trying on a Christmas dress, and the volunteers locked everyone in and called 911. The nearest ambulance was about 15 miles away which didn't help and my mom forced me to sit next to the spammer-brats, which made it worse. The oldest boy had a change of heart, but it was too late to save my Strawberryland forum account/IP address. On a more positive note, I got a jumbo Toys R Us exclusive early 2000's Tigger for free.

Called all the close Targets to see If I can find Large Rainbow and small Moonglo, but all I got was a non-human recording or a person hanging up on me thinking I got the wrong number or I'm a kid thinking Columbus Targets lead to Santa. (or that's my guess)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I was surprised today to check the tracking on the package that contains my Wii to find that it arrived at the post office late yesterday morning and that I should be getting it tomorrow instead of having to wait until the 30th. I'm excited :3
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

My ponies arrived a couple days ago. Also, won a Star Catcher. Can't wait for her to come in. ^^

X-mas went well. Celebrated it with my family. Now that my roomates are off spending time with their respective families. I have the apartment to myself for a few days.

Going on a quest to find the new Rainbow Brite dolls. Here goes nothing. :)
Chibi Rachy wrote:
J3llyb3ans wrote:If I could find that scene of her with that absolutely serious tone saying "You must never open them" I would so post it here. :P
Do you remember what episode it was from? Or around? Youtube has all the eps.
Can't remember. I think it was early on. I have the whole series on DVD and ? I'm thinking a marathon sounds nice when I have the time.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

J3llyb3ans wrote:Can't remember. I think it was early on. I have the whole series on DVD and ? I'm thinking a marathon sounds nice when I have the time.
I'd like to get the series on DVD, but I've not seen any boxsets for sale. I don't want to buy individual volumes because those end up being more than a boxset.

Wii is so much fun! I got it yesterday afternoon and had a blast. I did discover that I have absolutely no rhythm though.... whoops. The Just Dance game I got makes for some good laughs with friends. My sister and I had such fun with it when she came over and were rolling in laughter at one point. Definitely glad I got that game and the Wii Fit Plus too.

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Tonight was fun. Target shopping almost always is. Still looking for Moonglow...

Wolf Ranger

Post by Wolf Ranger »

I am already sick of the holidays now..I just spent four whole fun filled days with family. Now my head is ready to explode, and my throat is still beyond sore.

All in all not a bad christmas at all. Though...I think I shall stay in for new years.