the thread of spam

J3llyb3ans

Re: the thread of spam

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Whoa! that's a lot of snow. Enjoy your snow days. :)

Don't mind what I said about it being sunny here. It no longer is.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

J3llyb3ans wrote:Whoa! that's a lot of snow. Enjoy your snow days. :)

I shall :) A nice extra day of vacation, so to speak. It's very sunny here, but still not above freezing yet.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
J3llyb3ans wrote:Whoa! that's a lot of snow. Enjoy your snow days. :)

I shall :) A nice extra day of vacation, so to speak. It's very sunny here, but still not above freezing yet.

It's berry snowy here and berry beautiful. Looks a lot like Christmas.

I am wondering if I should decard one of my three Orange Blossom 2009 mini-softs. (the reason I am calling her mini-soft is that's what people called the miniature Bandai era plush) Don't ask why I have three, that one is favorite of all Hasbro era SSC.

In case you didn't know, I do like characters other than Orange. :P

Playmates era

1 Beach Sweeties Tangerina Torta and Coco Calypso

2 Winter Berry Twist Ginger Snap and Orange Blossom

3 Any Berry Beautiful or first wave Flavor Swirl

Strawberry and Tea look more like themselves in their cartoon in first wave Flavor Swirl and Playmates couldn't top that; I just can't resist the 12 inch plush body ballerinas when I see them for low prices on eBay and hope my Crepes Suzette comes in the mail soon.

The Candy Pops, Big Country Fun, Play Date Pals (15 inch) and Rockaberry Roll aren't as pretty in my eyes but I put them in higher priority than Kenner, Bandai and Toy Headquarters era when eBaying.

And on the topic of Playmates products, I want to see purple-haired Moonglo in person. Those purple-blue curls in her hair are dreamy. I wonder if the 80's Rainbow Brite costume sewing pattern can be resized and altered to look like Playmates Moonglo. It seems possible seeing that fishy Buddy Blue on eBay.

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

@ Wishbear - LOL. You kinda lost me on that one with all the toy company talk, but it looks like you know your stuff when it comes to Strawberry Shortcake toys.

I'm looking forward to the new Moonglo too. I actually think the new colour scheme fits her very well. In the pics of the dolls so far, she looks gorgeous.

In related news: Yesterday morning, I took a trip downtown. I came back with a sparkle pony Star Song and finally gave in and picked up a Moxie Girl. I couldn't help it, they're so cute and lovely. ^^ I got the costume party Sophina.

Waiting on some G3 ponies in the mail. Denim Blue, Goodie Goodie, and Tropical Surprise.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

School is already cancelled for tomorrow. I feel bad that we didn't get to do our fun afternoon activities, but it gave the students two extra days of Christmas break. Staff reports Wednesday, but that shouldn't be so bad. We have a luncheon and a faculty meeting, but it's mostly pretty relaxed. I have to make pasta salad for the luncheon though.

I did make a small bit of applesauce today. I only had four apples; they were pretty large in size in their defense. I dunno what kind they were, but they tasted good. I hadn't made applesauce in the longest time; the recipe I use is a simple microwave/blender recipe. I got it back in high school when I worked in the child development lab.

I've also spent some time reading. I finished the 4th book in the Provincetown Tales last night and started on the 5th today. I watched some Strawberry Panic while I ate lunch. Now I'm cleaning up from making the 'sauce and will either read again or play video games...haven't decided yet.

It is very nice though to have a break to enjoy like this.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

J3llyb3ans wrote:In related news: Yesterday morning, I took a trip downtown. I came back with a sparkle pony Star Song and finally gave in and picked up a Moxie Girl. I couldn't help it, they're so cute and lovely. ^^ I got the costume party Sophina.

Waiting on some G3 ponies in the mail. Denim Blue, Goodie Goodie, and Tropical Surprise.

*steals sparkle pony* What Star Song?? hehehe

Berry Beautiful Crepes Suzette: That's an odd toy. And it has the initials J B on it's right rear hoof. J B is for J3llyb3ans? Here you go.

*looks for sparkle pony* Where did it go? CREPES!!! Oh well, McD's Star Song is enough. *searches eBay*

The Moxie Girls are berry berry cute and first time I saw them, I thought of you. (especially the eyes)

Chibi Rachy wrote:I did make a small bit of applesauce today. I only had four apples; they were pretty large in size in their defense. I dunno what kind they were, but they tasted good. I hadn't made applesauce in the longest time; the recipe I use is a simple microwave/blender recipe. I got it back in high school when I worked in the child development lab.

Applesauce sounds good right now. Cooking does count as school work if the recipe is hard enough. (popping a Lean Cuisine/canned soup in the microwave is not enough unless it's a closely supervised younger kid doing it for the first time)

My kitten, Snowflake still has fleas, no matter how much I/parents/vet treats her. Maybe we should try adult dosing because she is about 15-20 lbs.

The Niceland Vacation fic will be continued when my laptop starts working again. *grumbles about Freezer Pop eating my last batch of applesauce and spitting it on my CD drive*

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Finally going to give in and get a Wii. I've been wanting the Wii Fit Plus. I've not been spending as much of my budget lately so now's the perfect time, especially with taxes coming up. Mom's the one who does mine since she's a whiz at it and so I'll have my tax return by mid-February. I figure if I don't get another cosplay outfit for con, I can use that money instead, plus my budget money to get a system, wii fit plus, and separate controllers to have for a 2 player setup.

Besides, my most recent console system is a PS1 XD

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Chibi Rachy wrote:Besides, my most recent console system is a PS1 XD

You're not alone on not updated video games. I only own Plug'n Plays and Nintendo DS Lite/Game Boy Advance games, but my mom's boyfriend from Indiana is coming over for the holidays and bringing his PS2 and tons of VHS/DVDs.

Decided to get Sweet Dreams Game for PS2 earlier this year at 13 USD because I heard somewhere in the part with Ginger Snap racing Pieman in the GBA version on a DS lite, some of the controls are goofy.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

WishBear2001 wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:Besides, my most recent console system is a PS1 XD

You're not alone on not updated video games. I only own Plug'n Plays and Nintendo DS Lite/Game Boy Advance games, but my mom's boyfriend from Indiana is coming over for the holidays and bringing his PS2 and tons of VHS/DVDs.

Decided to get Sweet Dreams Game for PS2 earlier this year at 13 USD because I heard somewhere in the part with Ginger Snap racing Pieman in the GBA version on a DS lite, some of the controls are goofy.
It was time for an update. I purposely did not update because I never liked the systems. So instead I bought an SNES and PS1. I do have 2 GBAs. One is the retro NES design and the other has the better backlight system. The Wii seems to have a lot of games that interest me, especially the ones that double as exercise type games

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Chibi Rachy wrote:It was time for an update. I purposely did not update because I never liked the systems. So instead I bought an SNES and PS1. I do have 2 GBAs. One is the retro NES design and the other has the better backlight system. The Wii seems to have a lot of games that interest me, especially the ones that double as exercise type games

Have you heard of senior citizen homes using Wii Fit/Wii Fit Plus for rehab? Odd but true. Wiis sound fun, but until Nintendogs is available I don't think I'll play. The public library has a multiplayer Wii event but sadly it's ages 7-12. I have said I walked into buffet restaurants and the employees put me down as ages 12 and under so hopefully, the library employees who see me 1-2 times a week don't say I'm too old. (but taking out nothing but My Little Pony DVDs for the last two months should change their minds :P)

Been working on my LJ and strawberryhangout.proboards.com, an 80's cartoon discussion board. (only have a section for Strawberry but won't forget Rainbow and Wish)