the thread of spam

Chibi Rachy

Re: the thread of spam

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Got to go shopping with my folks today :D Was a lot of fun and very funny at times. I ended up getting some new things too.

We went to these outlet stores and they had a book warehouse store there. Quite small, but it's the kind that has random assortments of books for cheap. I went in because I remembered what finds I had when I went to one in Myrtle Beach a couple years ago. I sought out the sociology section and found two books. One is called Gay Revolution and marks historic events in history. The other book I ended up getting was a relationship guide for gay and lesbian couples because I like to have a variety of books on hand. Walked through other stores at the outlets with my family and got new gloves at Rue 21. They're pretty neat. They're fingerless except for the thumb and when you need to cover the fingerless section, you just pull over a mitten part. They were so warm. I needed new gloves because mine are wearing thin.

We then went to the mall later on and I went to Victoria's Secret cause I had a free $10 card. I also wandered the bookstore there and picked up the Black God manga. I've wanted to read it. I've seen half of its anime counterpart, Kurokami, and wanted read it's manga version. I got a chance to read just a few pages at one point and quickly realized that it's going to be quite different. The main character, Keita, already acts different so I'm in for a treat and an interesting ride.

Also, I have so many books to read, it's not funny. I love it. Always good to have a hefty stock than none at all.

Edit:

Heard this song on the radio earlier tonight. It was so funny and describes a lot of the nonsense one sees before and during Christmas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqonjZ1hMnI[/video]
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Chibi Rachy wrote:Got to go shopping with my folks today :D Was a lot of fun and very funny at times. I ended up getting some new things too.

We went to these outlet stores and they had a book warehouse store there. Quite small, but it's the kind that has random assortments of books for cheap. I went in because I remembered what finds I had when I went to one in Myrtle Beach a couple years ago. I sought out the sociology section and found two books. One is called Gay Revolution and marks historic events in history. The other book I ended up getting was a relationship guide for gay and lesbian couples because I like to have a variety of books on hand. Walked through other stores at the outlets with my family and got new gloves at Rue 21. They're pretty neat. They're fingerless except for the thumb and when you need to cover the fingerless section, you just pull over a mitten part. They were so warm. I needed new gloves because mine are wearing thin.

We then went to the mall later on and I went to Victoria's Secret cause I had a free $10 card. I also wandered the bookstore there and picked up the Black God manga. I've wanted to read it. I've seen half of its anime counterpart, Kurokami, and wanted read it's manga version. I got a chance to read just a few pages at one point and quickly realized that it's going to be quite different. The main character, Keita, already acts different so I'm in for a treat and an interesting ride.

Also, I have so many books to read, it's not funny. I love it. Always good to have a hefty stock than none at all.

Edit:

Heard this song on the radio earlier tonight. It was so funny and describes a lot of the nonsense one sees before and during Christmas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqonjZ1hMnI[/video]

LOL @ video

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Where did my weekend go? Didn't get all the school stuff done that I wanted to, but I got a good bit done. I also got the letters tonight from the Russian teacher for my students, so they should be quite excited about that. I'll tell them tomorrow. I'm just waiting on a list of dates from the teacher so I can use that in my pre-discussion; hopefully on Tuesday I'll be able to share the letters with the students.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Unfortunately, I'm experiencing scanner problems. So, There will be a delay in any new art reaching my blog, this site, or any other. So I have some new stuff that's just going to have to wait.

Serious bummer :(

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Tomorrow is Tuesday, the day I go thrift store shopping every week. Hopefully shopping is lucky, Usually it is when I have dreams about:

- Finding good toys/books in the free pile

- discount racks filled with size 14-16 clothes that actually look cute

- not being picked on for wearing my child-like clothes (it's not my fault I am in between adult and kid clothes :P)

- a rich person going to Bodyline, Baby The Stars Shine Bright, Angelic Pretty, Metamorphose etc etc etc and buying me all the stuff I dreamed of

I know the last one won't come true any time soon, but usually when I have such dreams it means Good Luck Bear sent luck my way. (thrift stores or not :P)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Been nursing a bit of a migraine this evening. I haven't felt like doing much. I spent it finishing the first volume of the Black God manga. I love it, even with all the differences between it and the anime version. At least I learned that it was a Korean production, but that was only because I recognized the publishing company on the side as being the same one that does the Max Ride manga.

Today was a long day. I'm not sure what's gotten into my kids. They're just wired, which does them no good because then they just like to talk talk talk which gets them into trouble. Some of them are really good about not talking, and I enjoy that about those students. I wish the others would pick up on it. That, or that break would get here sooner so I don't have to deal with their chatter.

Oh! And I got a Christmas card in the mail today from Aquarious too. It was nice to find in my box since the next thing I'm actually expecting is a Rin figure :)

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

It's Spoiled brats come over to play day again...

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Canada has sucky postal prices, but at least I will be buying things I've been wanting... Bought a Fate/stay night Realta Nua artbook; I've been wanting this book for a long time, so it's worth it. Pretty rare. I got $20 in Christmas money from my grandma today so I added these Fate/stay night cell phone charms to my order as well. They're so cute! Not that I'll use them as cell phone charms since my phone doesn't have a spot for them...I suppose business people wouldn't want such things?

I did get my Rin Tohsaka figure today though and I'm so excited about it. It was one of the Revoltech figures, which are great for posing. She has 3 types hands to switch out with and a small knife (I forget the name of it at this point...). She's currently posed in the position she had when she jumped in the air to throw jewels at Berserker. She's my first Rin figure in my collection.

School today was all right. It was better than yesterday and I've figured out a way to cut down on the talking. Next week we only have two days and they will be crazy. The 5th grade collected the most goods for the food drive, so they get a reward. The other teacher and I have decided to let them have Monday afternoon for their reward. They'll get to choose between playing games in my room or watching a movie in her room. Tuesday will be our holiday celebration in the afternoon. I'll have to figure out what I want them to do then. Probably a games day again. They really like that.

I came home today and I really am itching to write something, albeit not on Lost Storms. Had this cute image in my head (well, not really cute in a sense) of Stormy going off to save Moonglo after Murky's kidnapped her...that would make for an interesting story....

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

WishBear2001 wrote:It's Spoiled brats come over to play day again...

It was actually a good day in every way but the kids pulling the cat's tail. *MEOWCH*

Poor Snowflake, I can feel her pain.

The StormyXMoongloXMurky fic sounds fun to read.

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Sooooo busy lately, but it's that good kind of "I'm getting stuff accomplished" kinda busy.

New friends, new fans, new art projects, new inspirations, I've been commissioned to do some art with the promise of more in the future. That's in addition to my own projects and the requests that I'm currently working on. Got most of my holiday shopping done too.

Score! Whilst holiday shopping today I found some room in my budget for some fun things for my collection. I picked up the Target exclusive Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash MLP two pack. Then sparkly pony Sweetie Belle. I also finally got Blueberry and Raspberry for my SSC collection too. ^^