spam thread

Chibi Rachy

Re: spam thread

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Finally am rid of the fever. It broke last night and there haven't been anymore spikes. So today I'm just cleaning and disinfecting everything and I should be set for going back to school tomorrow. I'm glad too.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

princesswisp

Post by princesswisp »

i have sore throats all the time i think i should get my tonsils checked out!
Arizona's #1 Tinkerbell fanatic!

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Aquarious wrote:Well, I'm still sick, started at the beginning of last week but has gotten bad last weekend. Boo!

3 items that I bought on Ebay are taking forever to get here! 1 is from Maryland and has been nearly 2 weeks now, 1 from Florida and last one from Texas. All have been over a week. Either I'm having back luck with lousy sellers or USPS stinks right now.

Not to mention that I am getting outbid on every single thing at the last possible second. I don't know where people get the money and the time to do that constantly! I always seem to pick the worst times to work on my collection. Why oh why is RB so hard to find, and just about every other 80's stuff is selling for zilch??

Not having a good week Image

Image Image Image

This is gripe-spam. My stress is over the roof!!

1) OMG never ever have I dealt with so many incompetent people at once on Ebay. Sellers seem to only want to ship things out whenever they feel like it. Shipping from Maryland to PA takes 3-4 days tops and I got the package after 2 weeks!!! From Florida that crummy RB pillow doll and didn't bother to ship it after a week and a half, so it took over 2 weeks to get that. And am in a dispute over another item from Texas, promised to send me another item and tracking to go along with it and never got that and its been 3 weeks now.

I'm taking a break from Ebay for a while.

2) Not to mention that I live in the middle of nowhere and there's always some dolt I get stuck behind, no matter what time of day it is, going about 25 in a 45 MPH zone, or if I'm going the speed limit or a bit above it, some Image is tail-gating me. It's always one of the two. Last I knew 45 MPH=45MPH. I swear A lot of people DO NOT know how to drive! Or read a black & white sign, clear as day.

3) My 37-year-old cousin passed away earlier this week and I couldn't make it and am heartbroken (drive is 6-7 hours) and didn't find out about it until the last minute, at least I sent my aunt & uncle some gifts.

4) My headaches are starting to come back due to all the stress, there's really a lot more than just these reasons, but these are 3 of some the worst or most annoying ones.

Sorry for the long rant, I haven't been having any good luck or time lately, I just needed to put this somewhere.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Aquarious wrote:This is gripe-spam. My stress is over the roof!!

1) OMG never ever have I dealt with so many incompetent people at once on Ebay. Sellers seem to only want to ship things out whenever they feel like it. Shipping from Maryland to PA takes 3-4 days tops and I got the package after 2 weeks!!! From Florida that crummy RB pillow doll and didn't bother to ship it after a week and a half, so it took over 2 weeks to get that. And am in a dispute over another item from Texas, promised to send me another item and tracking to go along with it and never got that and its been 3 weeks now.

I'm taking a break from Ebay for a while.

2) Not to mention that I live in the middle of nowhere and there's always some dolt I get stuck behind, no matter what time of day it is, going about 25 in a 45 MPH zone, or if I'm going the speed limit or a bit above it, some Image is tail-gating me. It's always one of the two. Last I knew 45 MPH=45MPH. I swear A lot of people DO NOT know how to drive! Or read a black & white sign, clear as day.

3) My 37-year-old cousin passed away earlier this week and I couldn't make it and am heartbroken (drive is 6-7 hours) and didn't find out about it until the last minute, at least I sent my aunt & uncle some gifts.

4) My headaches are starting to come back due to all the stress, there's really a lot more than just these reasons, but these are 3 of some the worst or most annoying ones.

Sorry for the long rant, I haven't been having any good luck or time lately, I just needed to put this somewhere.
Wow you really have had some bad run ins with ebay... I think the worst part is ordering from China, which is where most of my stuff has come from lately. It always takes near a month to get here and then I have to pick it up at the post office since it comes registered mail and can't be left in my box. Always worth it though. As for slow poke drivers, they suck too. I encounter them every day.

I'm quite happy that my possible Christmas project for my kids might come to fruitation. I don't want to do the typical "study Christmas around the world" spiel, so my idea is to find another teacher in another country in an English speaking classroom who would let my kids exchange letters with theirs. In the letters the kids would take about how they celebrate the winter holidays and traditions they may have. A teacher in Russia responded to my request last night so we'll see if it actually works out. I'm excited.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Bought a new tv today. It was reduced online, so I was able to get a 26 inch tv for only $50 more than a 22 inch. Found a site that offered free shipping too, so I saved $25 on that. That way, I could get the better S-video cables to connect the new tv to my satellite box, since the box is older and does not have even the red/green/blue video connectors. I may have to talk to my landlord about upgrading to a better box, since he pays for the tv bills.

I hated having to buy a new TV. I mean, I've wanted a newer one, since teh one I have is a 13 inch I got for college. It was pretty cheap. I only have to get a new one because the av cables won't give me any sound on the tv, no matter if it's hooked into the satellite box or the dvd player. I know the cables work. So yeah, now I'm getting a tv that has twice the screen size, which is perfect for all my subtitled films and anime.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
I'm quite happy that my possible Christmas project for my kids might come to fruitation. I don't want to do the typical "study Christmas around the world" spiel, so my idea is to find another teacher in another country in an English speaking classroom who would let my kids exchange letters with theirs. In the letters the kids would take about how they celebrate the winter holidays and traditions they may have. A teacher in Russia responded to my request last night so we'll see if it actually works out. I'm excited.
That's a wonderful idea! I would have loved doing something like that when I was still in school!
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

TheWendybird wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:
That's a wonderful idea! I would have loved doing something like that when I was still in school!
It seems like it's going to pan out too! The teacher and I have been talking back and forth about the project and already I've learned some interesting things, like Christmas isn't celebrated in Russia until the 7th of January. My 5th graders will be exchanging with a class of 4th graders over there. Over Thanksgiving break I'm going to draw up the formal guidelines for the project and have the other teacher add to it as well. Perhaps I'll post more about the project in the future in its own thread, maybe even some student letters with names taken out.

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Christmas is coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(don't want to sound like a troll, just excited to get RC Scootaloo on the go)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Pre-ordered my copy of season 1, part 2 of Sgt. Frog today. Can't wait to see it. Got it $10 cheaper than amazon.com's price too. Yay for 30% off borders coupon :) Sgt. Frog is my favorite comedy anime at this point. They don't show it on tv, but instead release the eps straight to DVD.

So glad it's Friday finally.

Oh yeah. For my birthday, my secret pal at school gave me an amusing gift. I got a 2 liter of Diet Mt. Dew, 2 baking potatoes wrapped in plastic wrap, a can of Fritos cheddar cheese, some Reese's cups, and a $10 Subway giftcard.

It's been a long day though... so needless to say, the potatoes are being put to good (and yummy) use :)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

ScootalooGal2009 wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:Pre-ordered my copy of season 1, part 2 of Sgt. Frog today. Can't wait to see it. Got it $10 cheaper than amazon.com's price too. Yay for 30% off borders coupon :) Sgt. Frog is my favorite comedy anime at this point. They don't show it on tv, but instead release the eps straight to DVD.

So glad it's Friday finally.

Oh yeah. For my birthday, my secret pal at school gave me an amusing gift. I got a 2 liter of Diet Mt. Dew, 2 baking potatoes wrapped in plastic wrap, a can of Fritos cheddar cheese, some Reese's cups, and a $10 Subway giftcard.

It's been a long day though... so needless to say, the potatoes are being put to good (and yummy) use :)

It's saturday. is sgt frog the brown thing with a big nose who bumbles around? birthday? unhappy it is gettin potatoes, cheese, peanutbutter cups, mtdew and giftcard, iw wuld be happier getting rb doll.
something stinks in here, is it that mix of mtdew, pbcup, cheese, potato and plastic? U STINK!!!

This would be a clip of some of the characters from Sgt. Frog, which is also known as Keroro Gunsou in Japan. The green guy is the main character, Keroro, which merely translates to "frog" in English.

As for the gift, it was based on some things that I filled out on my sheet when it was first given to all of the teachers. It's an excellent gift because they used all my favorite foods. Baked potatoes with cheese is my favorite food, Diet Mt. Dew is my favorite drink, and Reese Cups are my favorite candy. Subway happens to be one of my favorite places to eat.