spam thread

Chibi Rachy

Re: spam thread

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I love packages in the mail. My package from petco came, which had the cats' Christmas gifts in them. One of the things was a container of catnip. The cats got a whiff of it on the packing paper and attacked it all afternoon. The box with their gifts is shut into the other bedroom so they can't get to it. It only reminds me of one year for Christmas...mom decided to put catnip in their stockings... Mittens all but ripped hers apart.

I also got a package for myself that I paid for with birthday money, spending money, and teaching supplies money. It was a package of 3 books. One book is for my classroom library, the 2nd book in the Maximum Ride series that my students have been wanting. Two other books were for me. One's a history book by one of my favorite glbt historians and the other is a romance novel. Dork that I am entered them into my database I keep for what is called my lesbian library and was pleased to find the total at 81 books. It is perhaps the only collection of books that I not only database, but organize in order by author's last name and according to series sets. I do organize my children's library in a database, but not on shelves.

Today has been rather blustery and there have been tiny flakes of snow at one point. It's not cold enough to stick, but it was rather interesting to see. Wind is up though and that does not bode well for my trashcans.

Anyway, all for now :)
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Finished 2 books over the past few days. They were both part of the Provincetown Tales series and now I have no more to read from that series...there are currently 4 more books in the series. I think I'm going to start a history book because otherwise I'll quickly devour the other 3 books I have in short succession. So now I shall start a history text by one of my favorite historians, Lillian Faderman.

In other news today has been a school/cleaning day. I've spent time working on the little bit of school stuff I have left and working on the back bedroom as well. It's been vacuumed and the bed stripped. Tomorrow I'll see about organizing it somewhat, making it look like a real bedroom and creatively finding ways to store everything else away.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vw2uVdA4X8[/video]

^ First new video in a long time.

Ordered more books because I got a free giftcard for amazon.com from the credit card company. Yay for rewards program. got books 3 and 4 in the Provincetown Tales series and then book 7 of the Crayon Shin-chan manga.

Tomorrow at school should be interesting. Hopefully my students get back to work after a long break, but we'll see.

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

J3llyb3ans wrote:
WishBear2001 wrote:
Oooh, she smells best out of all my 2009 relaunch stuff, good choice. That inspired me to to a Hasbro-styled fanfic, thinking of the berry-scented possibilities.

She definitely smells sweet. ^^ Best of luck on your fanfic.
Chibi Rachy wrote:

Aww congrats :) Will you take her out of the package, or keep her boxed? I plan to look for a particular toy tonight too at Walmart and I'm not sure if they'll have it. I want to see if I can get the 2010 MMPR Kimberly figure. Kimberly was my favorite as a kid and I had the figure of her then so I'd really love to have the new figure too.

Well I did open the package to be able to watch the DVD. I may just display Strawberry out of box, but hold onto the box like I do with my anime figures. I think I've mastered the art of opening packages without damaging them. I wouldn't want to ruin the beautiful art on the box. ^^ A drawing desk is in my plans for things to get. I think She'll have a place on it to inspire me as I work.

That's cool. I was surprised when I saw MMPR figures hitting the shelves. I heard that the current Power Rangers series will be the last, so I was wondering what they would do next. Anyway, Kimberly was cool. Hope you find her. :)

I just got Strawberry mini out of the box. She made my computer smell berry good.

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

WishBear2001 wrote:I just got Strawberry mini out of the box. She made my computer smell berry good.
^_^ That's cool. She definitely made my room smell berry good. She's currently on a little display shelf on my wall with custard. Also, they are accompanied by a mini of Minty that came with A Very Minty Christmas.

Well, I did it again this week. Tonight I went out for a midnight adventure and came back with toys (I'm really going to have to limit how often I do this :P). I got a Plum Pudding purse doll. Plum's really been growing on me as a character, plus it's nearly impossible to find her, so I couldn't resist. Unfortunately no Blueberry to be found. I also got Toola-Roola from MLP. After seeing the current ponies cartoon, I decided she'd be the first I bought if I did (she won me over). I was kinda hoping they'd have the sparkle version of her, but alas, they did not. I'm happy with regular Toola-Roola. :)

@Chibi Rachy - That cat video is priceless. XD

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

J3llyb3ans wrote:@Chibi Rachy - That cat video is priceless. XD
Thanks :) I wasn't sure if I'd be able to catch it on my flip or not...she'd done it earlier that day and I wasn't in reach of it. When She acted like she wanted to do it again last night, I quickly grabbed my video camera and started rolling.

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

J3llyb3ans wrote:
WishBear2001 wrote:I just got Strawberry mini out of the box. She made my computer smell berry good.

^_^ That's cool. She definitely made my room smell berry good. She's currently on a little display shelf on my wall with custard. Also, they are accompanied by a mini of Minty that came with A Very Minty Christmas.

Well, I did it again this week. Tonight I went out for a midnight adventure and came back with toys (I'm really going to have to limit how often I do this :P). I got a Plum Pudding purse doll. Plum's really been growing on me as a character, plus it's nearly impossible to find her, so I couldn't resist. Unfortunately no Blueberry to be found. I also got Toola-Roola from MLP. After seeing the current ponies cartoon, I decided she'd be the first I bought if I did (she won me over). I was kinda hoping they'd have the sparkle version of her, but alas, they did not. I'm happy with regular Toola-Roola. :)

@Chibi Rachy - That cat video is priceless. XD

If you want Blueberry, and are in the US, go to hasbrotoyshop.com, watch out for bruised packaging.
I don't think there is a glitter Toola. She may be the new Mimic/Romantica/Beach Belle.

LOL @ Rachy's cat. Snowflake is impossible to train.

Poor Snowflake. She got worse.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Baby will only do the "roll over" trick when she's in that attention grabbing mood. She'll throw herself on the floor and roll about, but you can get her to roll over on command. She won't do it any other time.

Students surprised me today. They did get back to work and I think one boy is shocking everyone with his good behavior. Even he knows he's being a complete turn around and he's proud.

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Strawberry is tied to a green strand of yarn necklace and smelling up my fave sweatshirt.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Ugh long day. I don't know why. My kids were good and they are excited about their holiday project. I should be doing some extra work, but I don't feel like it, not after I spent last night working on things.

Borders.com was kind to me though. I got a book for me and another Maximum Ride book for my students. With the Cyber Monday discount and my free bucks on there, I got both for $15 and got free shipping to my home because of another deal they were running. Thanks to all these discounts and such, I will get the next 3 books in the Provincetown Tales series that I've enjoyed so much and there's only one left to get.