spam thread

WishBear2001

spam thread

Post by WishBear2001 »

same as last spam thread

Chibi Rachy

Re: spam thread

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Time to get busy and buckle down so I can leave bright and early tomorrow!

Also, why close the other thread for no other reason than that it's reached 10 pages? It's not a thread that will die and now we've got the start of some clutter with 2 threads on the same topic. It seems silly.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Well, at least there's a way to tell them apart.

1 - the Spam Thread

2 - spam thread

3 - spam (eventually) ....maybe just 'thread' for the sake of humor.

The title can just keep shrinking. It'll be awesome! Image

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Cos it ensures a smooth running of the forum and all related .php scripts. Longer threads generally require more processing power to load and people with slower internet connections might be affected. It's always been like this since the first instalment of the RB forums .. kinda like a tradition! :P

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

Chibi Rachy wrote: Also, why close the other thread for no other reason than that it's reached 10 pages? It's not a thread that will die and now we've got the start of some clutter with 2 threads on the same topic. It seems silly.

When a forum thread is too long it produces a strain on the SQL database server. Any extra strain on a server can cause slow loading times, or even having it shutdown to reboot which can knock the server offline for minutes if not hours.

In the past few days we have had a lot of those. Keeping the threads down to a managable size, limited to 10 pages per discussion helps us maintain the site and server best. The old thread will drop, but it is NOT being deleted. It is there if you wish to read it again.

In the future we may archive or purge old threads, we haven't decided yet. We will warn you before that happens.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Back from KuroKiiro :) Definitely different going to a much smaller convention, but still fun. Well super fun if I ignore those stupid rabid yaoi obsessed middle/high school girls. And with that statement, I'm sure only Fanchan will get it.

At any rate, I've added some new things to various collections

- 2 new rubber ducks from B&B Works (colored duck collection)
- Fate Phantasm Box 2 (Fate/stay night collection)
- Anne of Green Gables illustrated large book. (Anne of Green Gables book collection)

Mom got me the Anne book, which surprised me. I didn't think she remembered that collecting all different books from that series was a hobby of mine.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Wolf Ranger

Post by Wolf Ranger »

Oh dear goodnes *trying to be PC* Can I burn the worlds supply of Yaoi? I had an ex that was into it.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I seriously hate road work! >.<

*insert long string of expletives here*

Last night was the worst though. I always drive through it coming home, but I went to my parents for dinner. Turns out, they decided to do more roadwork in a different spot at night. I left at 7:10 and was not home until 7:40, a drive that should have only taken around 7 minutes to complete.

Also, yes. Burn the yaoi. It's becoming more dominating than canon couplings. Besides, yuri needs loving too.

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

I got a naked 19 inch Rainbow doll on eBay for 5 USD plus 5 USD shipping. She will be interesting to compare with my 18-24 inch Care Bear and Strawberry Shortcake toys in height. So far, a Care Bears 2009 carnival/fair prize AiCaL Harmony is tallest and 2002 PlayAlong Talking Cheer Bear is shortest.
In case you were wondering if I have clothes for Rainbow, I have kid sized 1983 and 2003-2008 Care Bear clothes that might fit and even a pair of 2006 Love-a-Lot Bear shoes. (it helps with collecting Care Bears since 2001 :P)

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

To Chibi re: the wearing kids shoes topic in the old spam thread...me and Starvoyager went to walmart last night....to the kids section and a size 3 in childrens shoes fits me comfortably :D I'm very excited. I wanted to get Tink or Disney Princess or something like that...but those ones stopped at 2 at least in that store...stinks! Was there rainbow brite sneakers ever? I'd like to get me some hehehe Dunno how to find unused ones though even if there is some.
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P