spam thread

Chibi Rachy

Re: spam thread

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Holy crap... I just spent $80 on a book....$80 on a 352 pg light novel book. Why so expensive? Because it had a very limited run when it was printed a year ago and the publisher is not going to print any more. This book usually sells for $110 or higher so the $80 was a steal. Of course, it just means that to pay it off, it means less spending money over the next 4 paychecks, but it was worth it. I love the book itself; I originally read it in the library. Ever since, I've watched any and all book sites, only to find such ludicrous prices. $80 is still ridiculous, but worth it to have this book in my collection.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Whoa! That must be quite a light novel. :P I am curious as to what it is now.

Not many light novels here. The only series I currently follow is Haruhi Suzumiya. Unfortunately one of my friends borrowed the first book from me about six months ago and still hasn't returned it.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

J3llyb3ans wrote:Whoa! That must be quite a light novel. :P I am curious as to what it is now.

Not many light novels here. The only series I currently follow is Haruhi Suzumiya. Unfortunately one of my friends borrowed the first book from me about six months ago and still hasn't returned it.
Strawberry Panic #2. I love the second light novel. Besides going beyond the anime with a different approach, it has a favorite scene of mine between Hikari and Amane.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Yay, my new tv is awesome :) Plus, it's so nice to be able to read all my subtitled shows and movies. Couldn't exactly do it on a 13 inch...but works wonderfully on a 26 inch :)

This week is Education Week... so the cooks are making all the teachers a free lunch tomorrow at school. I got the rest of my birthday gift from my mom...now I just need to catch up on all my books that I haven't read.

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
J3llyb3ans wrote:Whoa! That must be quite a light novel. :P I am curious as to what it is now.

Strawberry Panic #2. I love the second light novel. Besides going beyond the anime with a different approach, it has a favorite scene of mine between Hikari and Amane.
I still have to check that series out someday. :P

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

On a random other note. I had an experience at work last night that made me glad that I had some rather understanding parents. There was a little boy with his parents and he wanted a doll. They told him "No! Boys don't play with dolls!" and tried to convince him to get something else. It's a shame people can't just get past these ideas of what someone is supposed to be like.

This made me remember the moment I found Rainbow Brite at a store as a kid. My mother had no objection. Even though I was too young to even remember how old I was, I do have that positive memory.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Thank goodness that I have next week off from school for Thanksgiving break. I have a few things to get done, such as:

- the list of schoolwork I need done by the time I go back
- a stack of books to work on reading. I am so far behind
- working on my writing. Little by little I work on Lost Storms, and slowly I get ideas for how to connect those ideas to the ending I want.

Today I'm just cleaning the apartment up. This weekend is dusting and vacuuming, which won't take more than a couple hours if I don't dilly-dally around XD I was supposed to go out and have a few drinks with a friend, but that's not gonna work out. May do that solo instead tonight :)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I'm really loving the idea of no school this week XD I take things a bit more slowly.

My landlord finally hauled the rest of his junk from the one bedroom in my apartment (long story; don't ask) so now I have a new task this week. Once I get that bedroom in top shape though, it should look great. The room is mostly for storage, but will serve as a guest room. I've got sketched images for the theme of the room as well. For the most part, the room will be shut off to the cats because then I won't have to worry about turning on the heat in that particular room (Each room in my apartment has its own heat source, which is wonderful and saves on energy)

Now, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my evening, since I accomplished my tasks for today :)

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Chibi Rachy wrote:I'm really loving the idea of no school this week XD I take things a bit more slowly.

The public school (where the spammers go) has most of the days off when I (homeschooling, I pick which days to get off) get a whole week off. One of my dad's friends got me MLP Remote Controlled Scootaloo on the go as an early Christmas present and that gave Twink, Snowflake and Custard some shocked faces....

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

WishBear2001 wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:I'm really loving the idea of no school this week XD I take things a bit more slowly.

The public school (where the spammers go) has most of the days off when I (homeschooling, I pick which days to get off) get a whole week off. One of my dad's friends got me MLP Remote Controlled Scootaloo on the go as an early Christmas present and that gave Twink, Snowflake and Custard some shocked faces....
In this area, students and faculty get the whole week off because it's prime hunting season. So everyone knows someone (or many someones) that's going hunting this week, talking of getting the big one. I can't remember how many of my students were going hunting this week and I'm sure I'll get to hear their stories when the break ends.