plastic string

Sarah

plastic string

Post by Sarah »

ok, this is really random, but here goes anyways - there's always this pastic string/thread that's in the craft section. It's not that wide, but it's not really thin. They are always sold in packages with a bunch of different colors, and the colors are always super bright. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

I used to try to make bracelets with it when I was little, but they always came undone.

I have no idea what it's used for, and I'd really like to know so that I can make things with it, the colors are always so nice!

:)

Aquarius

Re: plastic string

Post by Aquarius »

Are you talking about boondoggle? I know that's plastic string type stuff. I posted a link to show you what I mean :)

http://www.boondoggleman.com

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:

Sarah

Re: plastic string

Post by Sarah »

eeeee! yes! I've never heard of it as that before. Thank you so much! :)

jazzycreations

plastic string

Post by jazzycreations »

ha ha! I used to make bracelets & key chains with it. I think you have to burn & melt the end pieces to stay together.

I didn't know that is what it was called though. funny

silverorangetears

plastic string

Post by silverorangetears »

We used to make keychains and lanyards out of that stuff... Funny I didn't know what it was called ether, I think we usually called it "plastic string" but I doubt that was a brand, just a description:D

once! We made a barbie dress out of it! It was pretty awful.. But we thought it was creative.

Radiant Bridge

plastic string

Post by Radiant Bridge »

Lol, boondoggle is a goofy name. I like it though, it has a cute sound. I had never seen the material until now.

JoeyAngel
Admin

plastic string

Post by JoeyAngel »

they are called scoubidous here in UK lol we sold them at the toy retailer i work at, was a big craze a few years ago.

SunSpire
Site Admin

plastic string

Post by SunSpire »

Scooby Doo's ? :P

Yeah I remember them too of course. After the big craze they caught a lot of dust on our shelves tho, lol .. Who knows they might get popular again before long, many toys do :)

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]