Rainbow Brite UK

June FanArt: White Dress Rainbow Brite

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

White Dress Rainbow Brite
Drawn By: Middletails
Entry Requested by: pinkpuff

(click image to go to view full size)

What do you think?

Contest is back for a final month, request your art!

SunSpire
Site Admin

Re: June FanArt: White Dress Rainbow Brite

Post by SunSpire »

It's a nice drawing but I am not sure whether I'd be able to tell it's indeed Rainbow ... if that rainbow wasn't behind her to confirm this. The dress is nice tho!

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

I like the artist's style but I'm not too big on the design of the outfit.

However I do like the idea of Rainbow wearing white. I saw another RB fanart on DA where she was in a white dress and it was just gorgeous:

http://pixelledanddead.deviantart.com/a ... y-83153301

Individual pic of Rainbow:
http://pixelledanddead.deviantart.com/a ... e-83149421

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

I think I like the design of this one better than the dA one. But I agree that it's hard to tell that it's Rainbow. The star on her cheek might've helped a little, but the hair just doesn't seem like it's hers, I suppose. Still, I like the style, and the dress is pretty.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

That's Rainbow Brite??????????????????????????????????????????

NOT!

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

WishBear2001 wrote:That's Rainbow Brite??????????????????????????????????????????

NOT!

It's one thing to critique something constructively. Please refrain from just bashing or flaming things. The artists of these pieces of work are real people, and have feelings, and put a lot of time, effort, and sometimes big chunks of themselves into the work. If you've got a piece of constructive criticism, try to balance it out with something you like in the work, so the artist doesn't feel as though they've just wasted their time.

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

WishBear2001 wrote:That's Rainbow Brite??????????????????????????????????????????

NOT!

I understand you are new here, but I wanted to stress the fact that such a response is highly rude if not immature. I'm not saying you have to like it, but such a comment is spiteful, and mean.

The request was for "Rainbow Brite" in a white dress, and if drawn exactly like the original style, what you would have would have been a Rainbow Brite colouring page, without the colour.

The artist in question, much liked the newly designed Rainbow over the old, and as I have always said when doing these drawings, it is the artist's choice.

Oh, and a star was missing from the final image, she is re-doing that one part. I would like to tell you this drawing was done completely in pen and ink, no computer editing at all! That's amazing considering the smooth lines. I think such a picture actually opens the door to colouring it yourself! (which I told the artist not to do, because that is not what was requested. White dress, is a white dress.) :)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I dunno, I rather like it. It's an interesting style. Rainbow's missing her trademarks of belt and star, but she looks nicely done. If those were added in, it'd be pure gold. Of course, we can always say that Rainbow decided not to wear her belt and she put concealer on her star to show off for Krys!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Rainbow Brite UK wrote:Oh, and a star was missing from the final image, she is re-doing that one part. I would like to tell you this drawing was done completely in pin and ink, no computer editing at all! That's amazing considering the smooth lines. I think such a picture actually opens the door to colouring it yourself! (which I told the artist not to do, because that is not what was requested. White dress, is a white dress.) :)

I think the star will make a big difference in identifying her ^_^ And you're right, it's hard to believe that's pen! Maybe we could let a bunch of fans colour the dress and post them? I think it'd be kinda neat. Hrm... Fan-made RB colouring book, anyone?

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:
Rainbow Brite UK wrote:Oh, and a star was missing from the final image, she is re-doing that one part. I would like to tell you this drawing was done completely in pin and ink, no computer editing at all! That's amazing considering the smooth lines. I think such a picture actually opens the door to colouring it yourself! (which I told the artist not to do, because that is not what was requested. White dress, is a white dress.) :)

I think the star will make a big difference in identifying her ^_^ And you're right, it's hard to believe that's pen! Maybe we could let a bunch of fans colour the dress and post them? I think it'd be kinda neat. Hrm... Fan-made RB colouring book, anyone?
Agreed on the pen bit. It really looks digital! Also, you're only asking that because you have an idea, don't you?
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire