READ: IMPORTANT FanArt Feedback!

Rainbow Brite UK

READ: IMPORTANT FanArt Feedback!

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

Dear Fans:

This is an important feedback request from ALL of you! This will effect future requests, and the current rules in a major way.

I wanted to try and make things better for you all when it comes FanArt. I want to give you all MORE options, so you don't feel you "can't" have what you want to see!

So, here is a NEW idea!

Stock backgrounds: I can use backgrounds or even ORIGINAL backgrounds for you to use WITH your fanart REQUESTS! This way, you can get more of what YOU want!

BUT, I need to know what you want! So please reply here, or PM me so I can find out!

I may need to find a new artist just for backgrounds, and provide a gallery of backgrounds for you to use, so it will NOT be for the current month's requests.

What are something else I can provide that would make things better for you?

Much thanks for reading!
Rainbow Brite UK

Dialga-Brite

Re: READ: IMPORTANT FanArt Feedback!

Post by Dialga-Brite »

hi, good idea. I however would probably prefer fanart made for me WITHOUT a background, so I can maybe use it more easily as a sprite image in a game or something like that. Does no background make things easier for the artist?

:)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

No background usually does make it easier for the artist - but if we have stock backgrounds, like she's suggesting, it wouldn't be any more work for us.

I think, for backgrounds, we could do specific environments from the show, like the outside or inside of the Color Castle, Rainbow Falls, the Color Cave, one of the sprites' houses. Things like that. The only trouble I would see would be purely asthetic - would the drawing style of the character match the style of the background? That may or may not present a problem.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I think that having stock backgrounds is a great idea that people can choose to use if they want. It only seems like more work at first, but once they are created, then it makes things easier. I suppose it may clash with some of the artists' styles, but that's up to the person suggesting it to decide. But, having a stock background might make it easier for those who would want to see the chosen ideas as desktop backgrounds or some such.

How many backgrounds should be created as stock? And what number means too many?

For background suggestions, I'd agree with Fan's ideas and add these in as well:

- The Pits
- Starry background, with and without a rainbow path (to suggest either space or the night sky)
- Generic Earth background (outside, like in Peril in the Pits)
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

mindymouse

Post by mindymouse »

That is a really good idea and hopefully will help the artists out, too. Backgrounds can be a a pain in the behind.

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

FanChan wrote:I The only trouble I would see would be purely asthetic - would the drawing style of the character match the style of the background? That may or may not present a problem.
I was just wondering that too... like people may want anything ranging from photo-realistic to abstract.

colorkid

Post by colorkid »

This sounds like a fun project! I just finished looking at the pictures that have already been done and they are great!