Wiki*Brite: A Rainbow Brite Wiki

Rainbow Brite UK

Wiki*Brite: A Rainbow Brite Wiki

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

Hello Fans,
I know I've been MIA for a while, but don't worry, it's been for good reason!

Today I released "Wiki*Brite", A Rainbow Brite Wiki that I and some other Moderators are updating.

It is taking some time, for I am archiving all my previous Trivia, Glossary, and other information there.
Why?

'Cause the FanSite got an update too!

We hope to provide the most indepth information that can be found on the net....or in my case, my closet. ;)

Please bear with us why we get everything updated.
Hope you enjoy it!
Have a Rainbow Day!

Chibi Rachy

Re: Wiki*Brite: A Rainbow Brite Wiki

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Glad to see the new site :) It looks good so far. The Wiki link doesn't work though. I tried it here and through the one on the site. Thought you should know :)
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

yup that would be my doing, mwahaha ....

We've had a bit of trouble relinking folders, and the wiki is currently out of service. But we're on the case so it should work again very soon!! :)

"SunSpire"

UPDATE: It's running fine now, go check it out!! .. Ms. RainbowBrite UK has done a fabulous job! ;)
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Still doesn't work when the links are clicked :(
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

did you clear your browser cache?

It works absolutely fine here.

the direct link is wiki.rainbowbrite.co.uk

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Rainbow Brite UK

Okay, it took us some time but I think it's fixed. (even I was having issues! LOL)
Neither site is "Complete" but it's getting there.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I figured out the problem. It's nothing to do with the browser cache. I tried it in firefox (my default) and IE (the one I never use) and the link formatted the way it's given doesn't work unless the "www" is in front of it. If it doesn't have that "www" it's not gonna work.

Rainbow Brite UK

Chibi Rachy wrote:I figured out the problem. It's nothing to do with the browser cache. I tried it in firefox (my default) and IE (the one I never use) and the link formatted the way it's given doesn't work unless the "www" is in front of it. If it doesn't have that "www" it's not gonna work.

That is very odd. I tried it in IE, Opera, and Firefox, and didn't have that issue.
The way a "sub" domain works is formating with the location; in this case "wiki" and the main domain. (rainbowbrite.co.uk). A "www" shouldn't be needed.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Rainbow Brite UK wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:I figured out the problem. It's nothing to do with the browser cache. I tried it in firefox (my default) and IE (the one I never use) and the link formatted the way it's given doesn't work unless the "www" is in front of it. If it doesn't have that "www" it's not gonna work.

That is very odd. I tried it in IE, Opera, and Firefox, and didn't have that issue.
The way a "sub" domain works is formating with the location; in this case "wiki" and the main domain. (rainbowbrite.co.uk). A "www" shouldn't be needed.
I didn't think it'd be needed either. I don't use "www" when accessing sites online since they don't need it. But I can't get the site to open unless I add in that "www". Otherwise, firefox gives me the "can't find server" page.

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

how would you type in www and wiki at the same time tho?

There's been several issues with the forums and all the related domains today, something beyond the changes I've made to the system and therefore out of my control. But it seems to be working fine again now.

Please let me know if you come across any more oddities, okay? Thanks!!

"SunSpire"
</a>*
[/html]