Trixie
50%
Other (See Post)
50%

Total votes: 2

WishBear2001

Re: Help: Name Rainbow Land Report's Host Sprite

Post by WishBear2001 »

Twinkers (in honor of "CB Cheer, There and Everywhere" and "Big Wish Movie") or Starglo (Princess Starglo in "Share Bear Shines")

Patreek

Help: Name Rainbow Land Report's Host Sprite

Post by Patreek »

So far I like Justin the best

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

How about "frizzy cloudlet" or "snugglecloud" ?

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Re: Help: Name Rainbow Land Report's Host Sprite

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

mtaylo28 wrote:I like justin that was just funny!!

Do you prefer Justin Time or Justin Case?

And Azure is a little too close to Rainbow's name in Quebec, Azurine. And Baby Brite is called Azurinette in the same place. On the other hand, it's also the title of a song written by Duke Ellington. But then again, so is Magenta Haze. Perhaps Turquoise, from On a Turquoise Cloud by the same composer, would be a better choice. Other possibilities from the same source include Deep Purple (performed but not the composed), Purple Gazelle, Little Purple Flower, Lavender Mist, Ultra Violet, Violet Blue (some titles were written by Billy Strayhorn, who worked for Ellington from 1938 until he died in 1967), Mood Indigo, Blue Feeling, Blue Serge, Blue Cellophane, (There are too many songs with 'Blue' in their titles...), Blue Skies, Sultry Sunset, Moon Mist, Midnight Sun, Black Beauty...
Last edited by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel on Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

Goodness! Thank you all so much for beginning this discussion again. I nearly forgot about dear ol' Sprite.

Considering the newly expressed interest in Sprite, I'm going to need to start working on this again. But, I will need your help... and hopefully we can get Sprite back on camera.

What color should Sprite be?

any suggestions?

Also, let us try and settle on a name for the poor thing.

A favorite in this thread appears to be "Justin", "Azure", or "Trixie". I'm going to open this up a bit more and see if we can get any more suggestions.

I'm going to edit the main part of this thread with a poll, so we can get things going on this!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

What color should the News Sprite be? I'd think that would depend on his or her name.

Most of the suggestions I made contained a color so if one of those names were chosen, it would also be the color of the reporter. If the selected name didn't include a color, then we would need to come up with a color as a separate issue from the name itself.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:What color should the News Sprite be? I'd think that would depend on his or her name.
Granted, some "sprite" names sound similar to their colors, but "Twink", which was white.
I was toying with the idea of perhaps "Robbie", after "Robbie Lee", the voice actress who played all the previous sprites.

If we can't figure a solid color, we could attempt a color pattern. If so, what kind? Stripe, dots, etc.
There really is a lot of options. :)