News: New Rainbow Brite Logo

Cypher

Re: News: New Rainbow Brite Logo

Post by Cypher »

I noticed though that the new logo has a pink-based rainbow whereas the old cartoon has red--the natural rainbow color. Pink is my favorite color, but I have to say that's a bit of a shame; does every toy marketed towards little girls have to have a predominantly pink base nowadays? The old Rainbow Brite was different because it stuck to a natural spectrum rather than the pink-ified Barbie-esque palette; I think it was more original like that. The show and movie had a lot of red/orange/vermillion in it too...I'm going to miss those fiery colors if the new one will be all pink-washed. :(
If you're going to steal a star, make sure there are no planets involved.

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Working in a retail toy store I've always disliked the fact that as soon as you come into the girls section everything seems to be pink, while it may be a beautiful colour it is being terribly overused by the marketing people and it looks like it's no exception for the new rainbow brite range of toys. Even Starlite got pink in his mane .. I can already tell you I won't be a collector of these.

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

I really like the colors in Starlite's mane it looks more rainbow. Even the plush toy had pink and purple in his mane. As for it being pink it is more magenta if anything. Who really cares she never really had much rainbow colors o her anyway. I can't clearly see Rainbow's outfit since it is like some pixel thing.

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

I like the new design. I had a good feeling about this from the beginning anyway. Everything looks and sounds good so far. Hopefully this exiting new Rainbow will have some sort animated adaption.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

By mentioning Tickled Pink and Mooglo as Rainbow's best friends, it definitely sounds like they're pushing the pink angle. But if that's what sells and will allow them to continue the line and produce more dolls...I'm all for it! I'm sure there will be plenty of non-pink characters released as well. I'm holding out hope for an official Stormy ;)

This is so exciting!!! :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

I hope that all of the characters will be available. Thsi will be interesting.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

The fact that they're pushing Tickled Pink and Moonglo has me happy. Tickled Pink and Moonglo are among the more obscure rb characters and usually they're less likely to get made. I'm glad they're going for them and not just the more well known patty o green and canary yellow, etc.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Well that's where I kinda disagree, cos I'd much rather see the whole gang being promoted equally as just a girly "group-of-3" clique like so many others .. powerpuff girls, totally spies etc. ... Rainbow Brite is about colours and friendship, BOTH boys and girls, making it a girls-only item makes it somewhat unappealing to me, obviously :P

Then again it's too early to make any final conclusions, after all all we've seen so far is one tiny logo.

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't want patty and canary to get left out, but I don't want JUST them. basically I'm glad that Moonglo and Tickled Pink are getting the attention that they deserve, and not left out because they're more obscure and weren't in as many episodes.

In my opinion they should make EVERY character, but Moonglo and Tickled Pink happen to be my two favorite characters, because I think they're so cute.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

I guess basically I don't want a repeat of the 2003-2004 line, which for human characters ONLY had rainbow, patty, canary, and red butler.:)