"Rainbow Brite in Rainbowland" and full OST Released!!

SunSpire
Site Admin

Re: "Rainbow Brite in Rainbowland" and full OST Released!!

Post by SunSpire »

Mindy, a member over at voiceacting.co.uk had the following to say about our production:
Bumping up this wonderful little radio play that is seriously like listening to a children's audio book (essentially that's what it is! :P)

The music and mixing are superb. Not too many fan productions on this board can say that they've used *original* music. A listener can tell that this project took many, many years of love and labor.

The acting was good, for the most part. I wished Rainbow Brite had more energy and sounded a little more "cutesy" and unfortunately the actress fell flat for most of her performance. I will give her points towards the middle of the audio drama because her acting did step up and I was quite impressed.

All of the supporting characters and villains were delightful! Especially Twink, Murky, and Lurky. They really captured the spirit of the characters and brought even more bounce to the production!

Again, I must say that as a fellow producer, my ears were quite pleased overall. It's been so very long since I've seen or heard a Rainbow Brite episode. This certainly brought back my childhood. :)
How nice of her to say that, isn't it? Well done Everyone!!!!! :)
I'm really looking forward to making the 2nd one now ...

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Buddy Blue

Post by Buddy Blue »

This is really amazing. I just listened to your story tape and I have to say - this is really good work! I was very kind of a sceptic when I recognized this fanmade-project as there are many fan-made story tapes out there (especially in germany I guess, like he-man or the three investigators fan made stuff etc.). mostly it´s fun listening to them, and it´s nikce, knowing that there are such die-hard fans out there, who are doing that kind of stuff, but they are by far not to be taken any serious as "real" story tapes.

I listen to a lot of story tapes, I always liked them, no matter if it´s "kid´s stuff" or more serious stuff - It depends of the mood I´m in, but besides all those "grown up"-story tapes which became very popular the last few years (and which I like a lot), I always enjoy listening to "kid´s stuff" from the 80s too, like rainbow brite, lady lovely locks, bibi blocksberg etc. It makes me feel like an escape from this "too serious" grown up world, back to days when everything was new, exciting and easy. One may call it childish, but it feels good, it´s full of fantastic fantasy adventures and I like it :)

To me, your story tape project really sounds like a professional production - I would never have expected it to be that good when I stumbled over this site. The voice-actors do very well. I think the twink-voice is an outstanding talent - to me, even better than the original german twink-voice. I also enjoed starlite very much. The rest of the cast is very well chosen too. The only one sounding a bit amateurish was the bad guy (don´t get me wrong, he was not really bad, he did a good job, but the others were better I think :)

The production itself and the effects plus the music were great and very well chosen and placed.

I really think you should send the play as a demo to story tape production labels, ´cause I think, you really got the talent to do this on a professional basis.

However, I hope my english isn´t too bad, so that you could figure out what I meant to say and I´m really really looking forward to more of this!!!!
You think the only people who are people
Are the people who look and think like you
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger
You'll learn things you never knew you never knew (from Pocahontas :)

Watercolor
Admin

Post by Watercolor »

Buddy Blue wrote:I think the twink-voice is an outstanding talent - to me, even better than the original german twink-voice. I also enjoed starlite very much.

aww! Thanks. I played Twink. Thanks for the comment! :)

Buddy Blue

Post by Buddy Blue »

yeah, you really bring that little fur-ball to life :)
in the original version he got a bit on ones nerves, but in your version, he´s soooo ohgodohgodohgod cute :)))

so I hope you´ll be in the sequel and it doesn´t take too long in the making :)
You think the only people who are people
Are the people who look and think like you
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger
You'll learn things you never knew you never knew (from Pocahontas :)