2005 Trailer and info on current progress

SunSpire
Site Admin

2005 Trailer and info on current progress

Post by SunSpire »

http://www.rainbowbrite.net/sunspire/trailer.zip

This is the original teaser trailer we created back in 2005, this seems like such a long time now! The project had been on hold for a long time due to myself moving away from germany and to the UK, I've been working on it ever since on a "on-and-off" basis.

The current status is that I've rewritten and re-recorded most of the songs I've composed back in the day to get them up-to-date with my current sound equipment, thus they sound a lot better than the originals. There is a total of 22 short tunes and jingles, not all of them will be featured in the first story tape but I am planning to release them as a seperate OST album alongside the story tape, for free of course.

The hardest part to do, and this is where I'm still kinda stuck at, is adding the dozens of sound effects for every little scene that we recorded, it's ranging from simple foot steps, starlite's galopping and murky's grunge buggy noise to more complex stuff such as environmental settings, monsters and weather conditions. The tape, split in 7 sections I have completed several times, but I was never happy with the result so I kept starting over .. listening to it, not liking it, re-doing the whole thing, still not liking it ... and so on. With work and real-life getting in the way too I just couldn't get it done right and I put it aside for a long time.

Now tho, I'm hoping to get back to it, finish it and get it out to the people. Btw. the original voice recordings from all the cast survived several data losses on my PC over the years, including a hard drive total failure as well as a flooding in one of my previous homes ... crazy huh? :lol:

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Re: 2005 Trailer and info on current progress

Post by Rainbow Brite »

LOL!! It is a wonder the voice recordings survived all that ;) But that's awesome that you're diving back into it!! I know it's a LOT of hard work, but we sooooooo appreciate it Sunny!! You're so talented!!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net