2nd tape - Voice Actors needed NOW!!

SunSpire
Site Admin

Re: 2nd tape - Voice Actors needed NOW!!

Post by SunSpire »

Right guys, I am hoping to release and send out the transcript to our voice actors tomorrow-ish but we actually need 1 or 2 more people for voicing the 2-headed dragon, which I forgot to include in the list above.

So if you think your voice sounds dragon-ish, I want to hear from you! LOL

Speak to you all very soon!

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

RedRaven78

Post by RedRaven78 »

Hi, hope I'm not too late! I'd like to go in for Red Butler's voice if this part hasn't been assigned already.
He's my favorite color kid. Perhaps I could lend my voice for the 2-headed-dragon.

I'm very crazy about this project for I enjoyed the first tape really. And I'm also enthusiastic about radio plays/audio books. As a German native speaker I also would like to offer my help in translating the other
German tapes.

Hope to hear very soon from you :-)

Every time when darkness occupies your mind
remember Rainbow's colors dearly kind.
Even if you can't see she'll have an eye on thee.

Think colorful !

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Sorry to keep you all waiting, I'm on it! .. Just soo busy with work these days! Image

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Hey how's this going? Still need someone?

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Well .. I'm once again without a job and there's little to no time for projects at the moment :(

But fear not, this will get done eventually, I'll keep you posted!

"SunSpire"
</a>*
[/html]

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Awesome! Please do! ^_^

Buddy Blue

Post by Buddy Blue »

Well, I could give it a try, but I´m not sure if my voice does fit. Maybe you can send me some lines to speak and I can try (I´m for sure do not sound dragon-ish, but if you need someone for a sprite or a c-kid...maybe :).
You think the only people who are people
Are the people who look and think like you
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger
You'll learn things you never knew you never knew (from Pocahontas :)

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

uffff ...I made notes while listening to the second tape ...hear...stop...write...hear..stop...write ...
I made it to (11:55) and had nearly 6 sites full with dialogues ... the whole second tape is ca. 24 pages long roughly ...
@Sunspire :
Do you speak German ? Is it easy for you to translate the German text into english or is it hard work for you ? If you should have a bigger problem with translating I think I could help you a little bit ... I am German-native speaker and I am not that bad in translating german into english ...
Just PM me if I can be helpfull !

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

I'm german myself "wink" ;)

Translating is not really an issue, it's fairly easy actually. It's just finding the right time slot and enough motivation. I spent more time working on my music recently cos that's something I neglected for far too long as well.

If all of the original cast was still around I'd have wanted to re-record some of the parts in the first tape, cos it's been over 5 years that I translated the story tape, just before I moved from germany to england. Although I had been speaking english in germany for a very long time (through school, internet etc.), to actually live in the UK and use it in everyday life is completely different and I've learned more within that time than the 10 years before. So if I were to translate it again now, it'd probably sound a lot more convincing than it did back then. But since there's still another 29 story tapes out there, I've decided to use my newly learned skills (lol!!) for future projects.

Now all I need is a steady job and this project will be rolling again ... promise!

I'm going to review the voicecast chart to see if all roles are still up to date.

"SunSpire"
</a>*
[/html]

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@SunSpire :

Ahh...I see...so you are bilingual and have very much experience ...

Your music is really good ... keep up the good work ! :-)

The first tape you all worked out is very very good for a fan-project ...
A great passionate work !

The german story tapes are extremely nice and they are most responsible for the big success of rainbow-brite in Germany ...the stories are very long and for a kiddie-series quite epic ...
I wish you all the best for this big project ... it is definitely worth the effort because the stories are magically lovely ...

My favourite tape is number 4 because the story and the atmosphere are incredibly brilliant ! :-)

The original German introit ( the version with kids- chant ) is soooooooooo sweet ... it is a little melancholy .... I always get goosebumps and get wet eyes ...