editing and formatting

Chibi Rachy

Re: editing and formatting

Post by Chibi Rachy »

SunSpire wrote:Very well said! I've removed the time limit for editing a post. I think I never actually set a specific limit but it was already there when the board was installed.

Happy editing! :)

"SunSpire"
Awesome! Thanks. First thing I took care of was my fan video thread...fanfics come later...but at least I don't have to worry about including everything within a 5 minute span anymore!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Dialga-Brite wrote:I still don't happen to think typing the code is that hard, since it's less than ten letters/characters compared to a whole story. but that's just me.
Maybe not, but when I'm looking at a 3,000+ word chapter that may have around 100 italicized words/phrases, that's a lot of extra typing/coding, especially when I'm used to, and in the habit of, just highlight-&-click for italics. No biggie, just not something I'm used to doing.

SunSpire wrote:Very well said! I've removed the time limit for editing a post. I think I never actually set a specific limit but it was already there when the board was installed.

Happy editing!
Wow! Great! Thanks a bunch! :bounce:

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Brownie wrote:...I'm used to, and in the habit of, just highlight-&-click for italics.
There's also ctrl+i to turn on Italics in Word. Then just do it again to turn it off. At least that way your hands aren't forced to leave their spot on the keyboard.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:
Brownie wrote:...I'm used to, and in the habit of, just highlight-&-click for italics.
There's also ctrl+i to turn on Italics in Word. Then just do it again to turn it off. At least that way your hands aren't forced to leave their spot on the keyboard.
Yes, that's my method for doing most of the stuff to the font since it's quick... on here I just double-check to make sure what thoughts are italicized, but I tend to forget. I don't mind forgetting...usually I link to ff.net somewhere in the beginning of the thread and it's correct on there.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

There you go guys, enjoy!

Have a look here :)

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]