smilies

~Baby~Dragonfly~

smilies

Post by ~Baby~Dragonfly~ »

Ok, i didn't want to take away from anyones birthday posts so i figured i'd start a topic with my other questions.
ok, had two blonde moments, but this next one isn't me! Its either my computer or some other thing.
I clicked on view more smilies and it took forever to load, which is ok, but then i would click on them and nothing would happen no matter which i clicked on. What am i doing wrong now? hehe
"Everything Happens For A Reason"
~Baby~Dragonfly~

SunSpire
Site Admin

Re: smilies

Post by SunSpire »

Hmm, it shouldn't take very long to load. When you click on a smiley, does it not add the code to your message? Like, when I click on the starlite icon, it should add : rbstarlite : (without the spaces) which then is converted to a smiley once you submit your post. Just like on the old boards.

:rbstarlite:

Anyone else around who's having trouble getting that to work?

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

~Baby~Dragonfly~

Yay i got logged in Marco!
:lol: :rbwave:
Ok! the smilies still took forever to load but worked!
~Baby~Dragonfly~

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Good to hear :)

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

~Baby~Dragonfly~

Smilies not working again, and taking Forrrrrrrrrrrrrever to load and still doesn't work when i click on them ughh
~Baby~Dragonfly~

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Hmmm .. I hate to say it Tracy but I don't think it's a board related problem. What internet browser are you using and have you tried clearing the cache files? Try checking if "java script" is enabled in your browser's security settings tab, the board needs it to run properly and a disabled java script would explain why you can't click the smilies. It shouldn't take ages to load the smilies either, only about 10-15 seconds the first time they're being loaded cos there are so many of them.

Anyone else having problems with the smiley box?

"SunSpire"
</a>*
[/html]

~Baby~Dragonfly~

K have to work again, thanks i'll check into that tomorrow.
~Baby~Dragonfly~

~Baby~Dragonfly~

:dragonfly:
Ok did all that and smilies are working. But still takes up to a minute sometimes more to load. Everything else running normal speed, its the only thing that runs so slow. Guess i'll just have to deal. Thanks!
~Baby~Dragonfly~

~Baby~Dragonfly~

Ok i can't use a smilie to show how i feel but this is frustrating! Smilies aren't working for me just a few minutes later after i've cleared everything. I'll check with my hubby too, he's a computer Nerd, not really a nerd hehe, just luckily knows A LOT about computers! So i'll see if he has any ideas. I know its something small, but i like being able to use the smilies.
Thankies*
~Baby~Dragonfly~

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

It might be just one tiny little silly setting set wrong in your system, wrong as in not compatible with the boards, lol .. but I'm sure it can be fixed easily. Your hubby should be able to help, it's hard to tell what the issue is from far distance :P

But at least you can still post ;)

and you may be able to memorize some of the basic smiley codes, I for myself hardly use the smiley list. I'll also see if I can add some smilies to the post reply table, without having to click the "view more" link.

"SunSpire"
</a>*
[/html]