Getting used to the new forums

SunSpire
Site Admin

Getting used to the new forums

Post by SunSpire »

So what do you think of the new look and feel? I know it's different and takes a bit getting used to but overall it turned out much nicer than I thought it would.

The colors are not final yet, I'm waiting for you to provide me with some input about the theme so that I can come up with a color scheme that you like. You can help of course!

The flash banner at the top is from my old website and only there for me to set the table widths correctly. I wanted to create a new flash logo that changes between night and day depending on a user's local time. But for that I need some cool drawings from Joey first, hehe.

Anyhow, if you don't mind I'll set up the same admins and moderators again that we used to have on the old board. That would be Jenny, Katy, Joey and Tonia. Did I miss anyone?

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Dialga-Brite

Re: Getting used to the new forums

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Hello, awesome blue background with stars!

I have a few suggestions for the board:

- Allow images in signatures

- Raise avatar file size limit... 6Kb isn't much.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Also, at the bottom, it says "you can edit your posts", but where is the edit button? Sorry if I'm just missing it, but I can't find it...

edit: ah I see it seems like it disappears for a post after a certain amount of time... I'd recommend changing that, but it's up to you. :)

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

It's actually a good thing not to be able to alter posts after a certain amount of time cos it prevents users from manipulating a conversation later on. But, we'll see whether 5 mins. are ok or if not then I can extend it.

Also, you should be able to add an image to your sig now, but it's restricted to a max width of 600 and heigth 160. That's very important tho cos some people tend to put oversized images into their sigs which prevents a reader from reading the important stuff.

But again, we'll see if any of the settings need adjusting later on, k? :)

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

That's cool, thanks :)

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

I had to resize my avatar from the old boards to make it fit. In pixel dimensions it worked, but not in filesize (which I see you raised though which is a good thing).

:)

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

lol I know, we nearly got fall and I put up a spring banner, haha. It's only temporary tho, until I have finished a new banner. Speaking of that, I'll tell you more when you got home today :)

"SunSpire"
</a>*
[/html]

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Lookin good so far Sunny!! Thank you SO much for setting this up :)

For some reason, the forum isn't centered for me though. It sits a bit to the left on the page. Not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

~Baby~Dragonfly~

Post by ~Baby~Dragonfly~ »

Looks GREAT! Takes a little getting used too. Can we do a winter them since winter is coming up? i love the blue stars!
"Everything Happens For A Reason"
~Baby~Dragonfly~

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

I agree to all of the above, lol!

Yes the forum is a bit off center ;) This board is a pain to customize cos it fully relies on CSS code rather than html tables. I've installed a 2nd phpbb where I can mess with the code without breaking things, once that is done I'll simply swap the boards and database, you won't even notice that. And THEN the board will be centered too! lol

It does take a bit getting used to, but luckily there's numerous modifications out there to improve the overall look and feel.

And look, 16 members in 2 days, that's great! :)

"SunSpire"
</a>*
[/html]